SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 48 of 49 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 48 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by bluwavz Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:43 pm

It's not really better to make out and sleep with a bunch of people for free either rather than getting paid to do it. Sure there's a naughty name for people who get paid for making out and sleeping with a bunch of people but I'd still rather get paid than end up with nothing. At least I'd have something to show for it with all the criticism that would be hurled my way. :uptonogood
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19227

Back to top Go down

Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 48 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:44 pm

Umm, Molly and Jason used their bachelor experience to start a podcast that then lead to her radio job. They don't seem to turn down any chance to go back be on tv and collect their paycheck. They certainly straddle the line, real jobs but fully subjecting themselves for MF or anyone else who will put them on tv and give them a paycheck. JMO.

To be fair, did Becca return to the chiropractor's office? Or is she living off her modeling and SM schilling now?

JMO, I am sure that Becca told her family she was only going back for Ben. The Tilley's seemed pretty normal to me, I can't be imagine they would have been excited about her returning just to return. Ben at lease seemed like a good reason. Again, JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:44 pm

Doing it for money makes them sensible (or money hungry or fame hungry) but not necessarily sincere. That's based on their own character and behavior.

This is a TV show though and they all go on for TV.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:49 pm

bluwavz wrote:It's not really better to make out and sleep with a bunch of people for free either rather than getting paid to do it. Sure there's a naughty name for people who get paid for making out and sleeping with a bunch of people but I'd still rather get paid than end up with nothing. At least I'd have something to show for it with all the criticism that would be hurled my way. :uptonogood

O M G. laugh out loud spitcoffee

It depends if the person sleeping with a bunch of people is liked or not. If they aren't liked, they get crucified. If they are liked, it's ok, everyone does it. So I think you're ok blu, everyone likes you. laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:55 pm

bluwavz wrote:It's not really better to make out and sleep with a bunch of people for free either rather than getting paid to do it. Sure there's a naughty name for people who get paid for making out and sleeping with a bunch of people but I'd still rather get paid than end up with nothing. At least I'd have something to show for it with all the criticism that would be hurled my way. :uptonogood

Never posted it is better. Just the same. But gets justified differently.

If truly NEW leads were cast instead of returnees then no past contestants would be doing it for money since contestants don't get paid. So as long as they cast returnees as leads most do it the first time so they can be lead and then get paid. Jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:59 pm

You can still make money off of BIP, appearances, shilling products, writing a book, etc. You don't have to be a lead to make money off the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:00 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:

Never posted it is better. Just the same. But gets justified differently.

If truly NEW leads were cast instead of returnees then no past contestants would be doing it for money since contestants don't get paid. So as long as they cast returnees as leads most do it the first time so they can be lead and then get paid. Jmo

Much like MTV and their Real World and challenges people, this show with it's recasting has made itself the breeding ground for reality tv/SM stars. I gave up on that franchise many years ago (they made Austin look bad and I was over it), eventually this franchise and it's people living off of it will probably lose me to. I almost did it with Jason, but the switch pulled me back.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:12 pm

Yeah. This show really has gotten to be same old same old. Even the next episode is the same thing as Kailtyn's date. I guess it's why I prefer the international shows. They still have a sincerity about it. With this show and after 30 seasons of TB and Bette it's rinse and recycle for all of them. It's why I look at them all the same. What makes me look at them differently is based on their behavior, but not their reasons for being on this tv show. It's played out.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:57 am

Rolly wrote:
No disrespect to Amber but she IMO is/was a non-factor. She did more harm than good to her image in BIP and without looking I can't even tell you for sure if she was on CS or JP season. If she had made it into the the top 6 of whoever's season she was on we'd be talking about her too. I don't think Amber really thought she was going to be the last girl standing. JMO

I think TPTB paid her to come on to help take the heat off of Becca.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:00 am

stuckinsc wrote:Being on BiP will not lead to you being the next bachelorette, being a contestant on the bachelor will possibly lead to you being the next bachelorette.

I personally believe her endgame was being the next bachelorette and Ben was an interesting and hot enough guy to give it a try.
I think had the lead been Dr. Cupcake, Jared, Joe(yup, he was top 6) or even Ben Zorn, we would still have Becca interested in the bachelor and on our tv this season. JMO.

I agree with everything you said right up until your last sentence.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:12 am

rhondam wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:Being on BiP will not lead to you being the next bachelorette, being a contestant on the bachelor will possibly lead to you being the next bachelorette.

I personally believe her endgame was being the next bachelorette and Ben was an interesting and hot enough guy to give it a try.
I think had the lead been Dr. Cupcake, Jared, Joe(yup, he was top 6) or even Ben Zorn, we would still have Becca interested in the bachelor and on our tv this season. JMO.

I agree with everything you said right up until your last sentence.

And I agree with the whole da*n thing! giggling
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:55 am

Kashathediva wrote:
DebutAlbum wrote:I think Becca's interest in Ben was genuine. From what I was told by people who would know, he was the only one she would've went back on for. If it were anyone else, she wouldn't have returned. In fact, she turned down BIP because Ben wasn't on it. She was very interested in him for a while.
I agree with all of this from what I understand.
Editing myself: Let me say as a HUGE fan of TAR and OMG--Survivor, this is not TB stint. This is hard effing work and perhaps the time of your life, IMOAA. They should only be so lucky to be a CBS crossover.

Awwww, Survivor....after 30 seasons, I am still loving it!!!

I personally think these young people should strike while the iron is hot. If they can earn extra money in today's economy, go for it. That said, I agree, some have taken it too far. (Chris B, I am looking at you).

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 49 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+52
IWouldMarryAshleyI
california90
bronco18
Mommyof2
Sprite
KB_Mom
theKeptGrits
Dog&pheonix
Ayana
pavalygurl
Ash2214