SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Page 58 of 76 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 67 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 58 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by jen689 Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:11 pm

nannymargie wrote:Can you explain your thoughts about the WE part?
The producers storyline for the season was to have Ben fall in love with two women. They coached Ben into making that storyline a reality. Ben and the producers were the we JMO

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 58 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:16 pm

I can't fathom the idea for 1 minute that Ben's relation with Lolo was fake and staged.
If really he was that much hung on Lauren, Ben would be the biggest jerk ever ( and I'm refraining from using stronger words) if he had indeed planned to push Jojo to open up, to trust him, especially with her past, and then let her go totally crushed at F2. I can't image Ben being that kind of man.
I believe he had first a very strong attraction to Lauren, but Jojo caught up really fast and maybe won his heart at the end.
A little bit like the hare and the tortoise tale...
IMO...

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:16 pm

I agree jen.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:18 pm

tennischick80 wrote:
avacaroline wrote:
sophienette wrote:

did you notice in the E video of Ben talking about his fiancée he said "We put her through hell"....

:yes:

A bit of a slip...but, rather odd. We = producers, show...had to continue on with the drama for the sake of the production and being able to have workable material to edit.

Ok Thanks, that is kinda what I was thinking also.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:50 pm

sde1041 wrote:I can't fathom the idea for 1 minute that Ben's relation with Lolo was fake and staged.
If really he was that much hung on Lauren, Ben would be the biggest jerk ever ( and I'm refraining from using stronger words) if he had indeed planned to push Jojo to open up, to trust him, especially with her past, and then let her go totally crushed at F2. I can't image Ben being that kind of man.
I believe he had first a very strong attraction to Lauren, but Jojo caught up really fast and maybe won his heart at the end.
A little bit like the hare and the tortoise tale...
IMO...

Agree!! If this is truly the man that Ben was/is, then how can anyone think that this is such a fabulous love story? If it required Ben to do this to his F2 in order to get the girl of his dreams at the end, then shame on him. IMO he didn't have to go along with this scenario, he didn't have to put his F2 "through hell and back" in order to pick Lauren at the end. No one can convince me that this is the route that Ben HAD to travel in order to propose to Lauren at the end. This makes no sense to me. And if is true that Ben agreed to lead JoJo on, just to crush her heart at the end, then I don't think that Ben is such a great catch after all. This scenario just boggles my mind.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:55 pm

I dont agree with the theory of the fake and staged scenario. I think he fell in love with both, more/faster/deeper with Lauren, and through his insecurities wrapped with his honesty, said it to both. Then chose the one he couldnt let go. That's it. Call me blind or silly, but I will choose to trust people do not hurt others on purpose and I will choose to wear my :rosiecolored (it is harder to love than hate but a lot more fulfilling IMO) unless I find proof otherwise.

yes he shouldnt have told them the ILUs, but he did. As he said himself from the start of the silly season promos, he isnt perfect (and as Olivia says, perfection is boring!)

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:58 pm

sophienette wrote:I dont agree with the theory of the fake and staged scenario. I think he fell in love with both, more/faster/deeper with Lauren, and through his insecurities wrapped with his honesty, said it to both. Then chose the one he couldnt let go. That's it. Call me blind or silly, but I will choose to trust people do not hurt others on purpose and I will choose to wear my  :rosiecolored (it is harder to love than hate but a lot more fulfilling IMO) unless I find proof otherwise.

yes he shouldnt have told them the ILUs, but he did. As he said himself from the start of the silly season promos, he isnt perfect (and as Olivia says, perfection is boring!)

I totally agree with you Sophie.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:06 pm

I really hope Ben is not on DWTS...

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:07 pm

Ben may have genuinely had feelings about/for both girls.  If he did, I have no problem believing he fell heavily into the bach bubble and the manipulation, poking, prodding, etc., TPTB do to the lead and cast.  If he really was torn and had bubble feelings for both and it wasn't all storyboard, my problem is his being an I love you sl*t and spouting it off repeatedly to both girls.  Ok, if you feel it, but don't tell anyone (TPTB included) until you sort it out and figure out which you feel the most for.

If it was really that obvious by midway through filming he was only into 1 girl, TPTB had to do something to keep drama and suspense up.  So they had to manufacture and manipulate it into happening, IMO.  

So, if we go with the ILY drama as part of the storyboard and role Ben had to play, the question then becomes, was Ben the only one in on it, or was Jojo too?  That's not to say that Jojo and Ben didn't indeed have some real feelings of friendship, like, lust and infatuation with each other.  Same goes with Lauren, if there happened to be a foiler.  But there has to be a sad, somewhat heartbroken F2, it's just how the show works.  He couldn't end filming half way threw, they had a show to make.  

But since Jojo's family already has reality tv experience and seemed to play the role so well at the HTD, was she playing a role too?  And if so, from when... the whole season or only after it became apparent he was all googgly eyed over Lauren?  Was an offer too good to refuse dangled in front of her, such as 'ette?  

I think they're all nice enough people, but they dared to dance with the devil (TPTB) and well... when you do, you normally get burned somehow, someway to a degree.  Regardless of how it played out then or is shown now, they all seem to be happy now and the girls are friendly with each other on SM, so all's well that ends well there it seems, IMO.  

JMOAA.

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:08 pm

I agree that Ben's feelings were real. I believe that tptb, but asking certain questions, making certain statements to the lead and to the other participants mold their thinking- or confuse their thinking- so Ben falls in love with JoJo even though he's in love with Lauren. I think part of the "hell" f1's been put through is the many weeks of public "Ben falls in love with two women". On the other hand, having that be the story out there seems to have diverted the attention from any of their pasts being (overly) dredged up.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by tennischick80 Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:13 pm

I actually want to believe that it wasn't scripted or staged, I do. That means that Ben is genuine, and so are Jojo and Lauren. They wouldn't be playing a role. The chips fell where they may. I want it to be real because then, Lauren and his love transcended the biggest obstacle of all... another love. Most other things will be downhill from there.
tennischick80
tennischick80

Female Posts : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:25 pm

IA..even in UnReal..they had many scenes where those in charge did many mean and manipulative actions totally unbeknownst to the participants to achieve the end result that they wanted. So, I don't think one can necessarily say X was in on this or that when there is no proof.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 76 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 67 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

+99
AmoreBella
Cinn3
Rolly
sdmom
aviej