SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 12 of 81 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 46 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 12 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:06 pm

Yeah, he did! So did Kacie, so it's definitely not a perfect trend just something I've noticed in recent years.

I really don't have any strong opinions one way or the other, I'm just speculating!

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 12 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by BlackHalo Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:07 pm

I don't think it matters at this point. Had Becca been in F4, I agree with whoever said they would've pushed for her to be F2 again.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:37 pm

I agree they would have loved Becca as the F2, just like Nick was. But i he decided at that RC not to do it, then maybe it was Calia he was sending home. Unless, as someone said, giving Amanda the rose was his way of telling TPTB "I am not doing what you say, I will not keep Becca".

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:57 pm

The reason I don't think it was Caila who was the add on to the f4 is that I do believe they wanted her in the mix for the next lead. I'd think their top choice was Jojo if not for her being f2 which isn't the ideal spot for the lead. She would have been f3 or 4 if she were their 1st choice IMO. I'm sure Amanda is an option but can't see her as a favorite for the spot. She has an odd voice, not much of a career (especially after Kaitlyn had the same one), and a mom of very young girls which isn't exactly every guy's dream. All JMO and no offense to estheticians.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15340

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:21 pm

Look I don't want Amanda as the lead at all and she's pretty much dead last for me in the options but I don't think her being a single mom or an esthetician (which is still a career you have to get an education and licensed for) are negatives against her being lead. Emily is a single mom and never had a career and besides men don't care about a woman's career as much as women care about a man's career. I can easily see the viewers falling for Amanda and her two girls, she's very attractive and she seems sweet even if I can't stand her voice either. F4 women have been the lead almost as many times as the F3 women. With that said she's on my poop list for leaving her two very young girls to go on this show and for her to leave them a second time to make out with a bunch of guys on TV?  no no

I still think Caila is their first choice and I don't think she was just a default though I may be a bit biased here. I agree with those who say Ben could've very well made his decision on the GD to take Amanda instead of Becca to the F4 though I really don't think Amanda was a default either. I think if Becca was supposed to be in the F4 or in consideration for the lead she would've gotten at least a GDR or another 1-on-1. All she gets is one 1-on-1 in the middle of the game. Of course she is a returnee and viewers already know who she is so perhaps they didn't feel the need to push her as much as the first-timers.

IMO it's between Caila and Amanda. They've never gone outside of the F4 for the female leads and the F2 woman has never been the lead with the schedule the way it is now.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:36 pm

DebutAlbum wrote:So IF Caila took Becca's spot, who do y'all think TPTB were leaning towards as the next lead at that time? Becca?

I would say Amanda, or Ben wouldnt have gone to meet the kids if he indeed already knew his heart was elsewhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:41 pm

nothatgirl wrote:
loveactually9 wrote:Caila was one of three girls to get TWO 1-on-1 dates. Lauren, Jojo, and Caila were set in stone. The 4th spot was up for grabs between Amanda, Emily, and Becca. And IMO he just liked Amanda better
That's a good point. I do think Amanda got way more validation than either Becca or Emily, considering she got a 1-on-1, 2 GDR, and extra time in Ben's HT with the McDonald's commercial/carnival. As opposed to Becca who just got one 1-on-1 and Emily who got nothing. I did notice that Amanda didn't really become a contender until late in the game, getting her first 1-on-1 in week 5 and then getting back to back GDRs in week 6 and 7. That kind of sounds like a Sean/Catherine thing, in that he didn't notice her until later, but then he was pretty impressed. 

The Caila thing is hard for me to know for sure because although she got two 1-on-1s, she never got any GDRs or a date in Ben's HT. And I've noticed that the first person to get a date usually doesn't make f4 (Megan, Clint, Sarah, Ryan, etc). I'm not ready to admit she was set in stone as f4!  I really have to see these people in action to know for sure.

Re bolded... IF we believe spoilers, that's about the time Ben had his mind pretty much made up about F1... could this then be when TPTB decided to push Amanda forwards as 1) a distraction for viewers, i.e.giving us another "favourite" and 2) building her up for Bette?

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:33 pm

bluwavz wrote:Look I don't want Amanda as the lead at all and she's pretty much dead last for me in the options but I don't think her being a single mom or an esthetician (which is still a career you have to get an education and licensed for) are negatives against her being lead. Emily is a single mom and never had a career and besides men don't care about a woman's career as much as women care about a man's career. I can easily see the viewers falling for Amanda and her two girls, she's very attractive and she seems sweet even if I can't stand her voice either. F4 women have been the lead almost as many times as the F3 women. With that said she's on my poop list for leaving her two very young girls to go on this show and for her to leave them a second time to make out with a bunch of guys on TV?  no no

I still think Caila is their first choice and I don't think she was just a default though I may be a bit biased here. I agree with those who say Ben could've very well made his decision on the GD to take Amanda instead of Becca to the F4 though I really don't think Amanda was a default either. I think if Becca was supposed to be in the F4 or in consideration for the lead she would've gotten at least a GDR or another 1-on-1. All she gets is one 1-on-1 in the middle of the game. Of course she is a returnee and viewers already know who she is so perhaps they didn't feel the need to push her as much as the first-timers.

IMO it's between Caila and Amanda. They've never gone outside of the F4 for the female leads and the F2 woman has never been the lead with the schedule the way it is now.

She sells Arbonne but it is yet to be verified that she is an esthetician.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:44 pm

I am enjoying the speculation and different theories about why Ben is upset at RCs,what "switches" might have been made, and what according to CH changes everything. Then I remember the times they have teased us with something in the preview and then we never see it on the show. Since I find myself distracted from other things I need to get done, because I am pondering what happened at those RCs, I will be no no no hissyfit :headbanging :angryemotion :angryemotion :angryemotion if they never show it\give us an answer!

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:05 pm

rhondam wrote:
bluwavz wrote:Look I don't want Amanda as the lead at all and she's pretty much dead last for me in the options but I don't think her being a single mom or an esthetician (which is still a career you have to get an education and licensed for) are negatives against her being lead. Emily is a single mom and never had a career and besides men don't care about a woman's career as much as women care about a man's career. I can easily see the viewers falling for Amanda and her two girls, she's very attractive and she seems sweet even if I can't stand her voice either. F4 women have been the lead almost as many times as the F3 women. With that said she's on my poop list for leaving her two very young girls to go on this show and for her to leave them a second time to make out with a bunch of guys on TV?  no no

She sells Arbonne but it is yet to be verified that she is an esthetician.

Ah thanks! Yeah you don't need an esthetics or cosmetology license to sell Arbonne. However I think in Bachelor Land selling beauty products equals esthetician. cheeky
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:18 pm

rhondam wrote:I re-watched season preview—I couldn't find it in all these threads but easily did on YouTube and I now agree that what makes logical sense is that Ben was upset because he wanted to send Becca home but simply knew she'd be hurt.

Amy I think your post makes a lot of sense.

Thanks rhondam. I kept wishing I had recorded the extended preview to rewatch because it all goes by in a blur for me the first time.

Having now watched it three times on YT Embarressed! , seems like there is gong to be some drama with Jubilee, who also seems to me to get a lot of airtime in preview for a woman who did not make it to F6. I would have thought that maybe some cocktail party drama with Jubilee caused upset at a RC, but that doesn't make sense since seems pretty clear the upset RCs are F6 and F4 (or do I have that wrong?)

Still confused no idea scratch

KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:24 pm

I'm still hoping that it's Caila or Jojo and not Amanda but will see if I like her once things get going. I don't even know what Arbonne is. I'll take any of them over Becca though. :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15340

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 81 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 46 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+90
Hotmomma
allicat
2observe
Longhornfan
dyra