SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 41 of 47 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 41 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by rhondam Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:32 am

megaa wrote:Seems Jubilee's story is her crutch and she uses it as an excuse to be stand-offish, and as sad as it is, she needs to take some responsibility for those relationships it affects.. as she complained that women don't usually like her. I'm in the minority on this, but I felt they laid on the victim edit hard, which can annoy me sometimes. I did not agree with Amber pushing that conversation, either. I'd just leave a contestant alone if they acted distant/broody. I could definitely come around, and while I don't dislike her, I have to say I'm not as in love with Jubilee as Bachelor Nation appears to be.

And her humor might be too dry for me cause I didn't get the complaining that Ben was late laugh out loud The nerves? I should re-watch the episode if I can.

Yes I see the same thing here ^.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 41 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:09 am

rhondam wrote:
nothatgirl wrote:And the Oscar for best bachelorette audition goes to...

Seriously, I tried. But this girl is so fake and mean. I'm not a fan.

Do you mean Caila? I really liked her tonight. More than the last two weeks. Well most were talking smack about one or another, Caila didn't (or hardly maybe she did a couple if times in an ITM) say anything mean IMO.

I think that comment she made "I feel so sorry for Ben for being stuck with jubilee in a helicopter" really rubbed me the wrong way. She just seems like one of those girls that's nice to your face, but badmouths you behind your back. Just a feeling I get, but I admit that I'm biased! Her crying scene was also way too much for me. It's been like a week! Way too soon for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:19 am

I've been thinking about that lately..... exactly how do a lot of these girls become so obsessed with the lead so soon? i know they are sequestered for a week or two before Meet & Greet, but I still cannot fathom how this exactly happens. It's actually quite a strange phenomenon imo.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:38 am

rhondam wrote:I've been thinking about that lately..... exactly how do a lot of these girls become so obsessed with the lead so soon? i know they are sequestered for a week or two before Meet & Greet, but I still cannot fathom how this exactly happens. It's actually quite a strange phenomenon imo.

Stockholm syndrome.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:51 am

It was a boring episode for me tbh. Lauren B is cute and likeable but very boring. So was Ben on that date with her. Jubilee's comment should not have been taken that seriously imo and it was all much ado about nthing.
I cant say she uses her past as a crutch because she lived it and s still livng it so in essence it will always be her crutch and its not my place to determine how long her past should affect her for.
Amber was sp out of line in this episde and was a mean girl and Jojo joined the mean squad tonight.
Olivia is deluded and it sure will blinside her when she is dropped from that high horse.
The dates in all have been underwhelming and even the villains are not villing enough. I hope the season picks up somewhat going forward.
I really couldnt care less who the F1 is at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by limoncello Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:12 am

Things I've learned after ep.3:

1. I've gained respect for Jubilee and disagree with some of you saying that she's milking her story. It might be even disrespectful to say that. Similar case with Kelsey last season - I mean, she was a complete nut, but what Ashley I said was inappropriate nevertheless.
2. to me, Jojo's appeal dropped from 10 to 3. not to 1 only because she's saved by her physical attractiveness.
3. I need more Lauren B.!
limoncello
limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:37 am

I'm going to be contrarian to the group here and speculate that Lauren is likely a little b!tchy herself but is about 100x smarter and more confident than the other women. Ben likes those types of girls as evidenced by his f6, how is it possible f1 doesn't possess even a little bit of those qualities? I don't buy it fully that she's this totally innocent princess essentially. 

And the story with her dad and simple pleasures? I'm sure it's real to an extent but it's also perfectly, perfectly understanding her audience and telling him exactly what melted his heart and made him see her as apart from the insane asylum of the house and part of his normal, true reality. Lauren was like him from his world, everyone else was from a different dimension. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she's playing him or doing anything fake/wrong, but she's very smart and at least slightly strategic here imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:56 am

^^^
IA.
Its episode 3 and I am yet to learn anything non generic about her!! I like her as a person but I find her a bit bland too. I thought I was being a bit hard on her while watching the date but twitterverse also picked up on it being boring. He likes her and she likes him and I honestly hope some of her personality shines through as the show progresses. Right now the whole good perfect simple girl next door persona is blah IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:04 am

Yeah, Lauren and Amanda were gossiping about Olivia at the start of the episode. I think you'd have to be a saint to not get a little gossipy in that house, since there's nothing to do there. That doesn't excuse attacking anyone though and I'm glad they seemed to stay out of that. I can't believe some of these bitches think they're entitled to express all their grievances, which honestly have nothing to do with them even, to someone's face in front of others at a so called party. I wouldn't want to hear what they have to say either. Jubilee made those oh-so-awful remarks in front of Ben and he didn't mind, so what the hell is there to discuss even? The stupidity blows my mind.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by limoncello Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:09 am

you guys may be right, but I guess we'll have to wait for more episodes to unravel. 

for example, the first night when Olivia told Ben that she loves to pinpoint a place on a map and going, blah blah blah, I had a feeling it's a line from some dating playbook. so far, I found Lauren's reactions and responses genuine, but I may be wrong.

^ I agree with mindless, I mean come on, every girl gossips  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 41 3806527698
limoncello
limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:26 am

I think it's unfair to call Lauren B possibly b!tchy but smart enough to hide it, when she hasn't done or said one thing to suggest that. I do think every human has negative thoughts about others, even Lauren, but at least so far she hasn't been harping on others about those qualities. Call her boring, she could be that, to me she just seems laid back and normal, and not looking for drama.

As for the episode, I love Jubilee. She clearly has a lot of hurt from her past, and I liked her opening about herself and her feelings. Amber took the mean girl and bullying to another level. Jubilee has every right in the world not to want to be confronted by the other girls, and Amber just has to accept that. But she kept on and on until she got Jubilee to break down. Also a lot of the girls seemed to have racial undertones to their criticism of Jubilee.

I never actually realised what a challenge being a bachelor/bachelorette is, Ben is trying to be so mindful of all the girls that he seems to be wearing out. He seemed to be released when Lace left; one less needy woman to babysit.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:45 am

Yikes, that episode was filled with way too much cattiness. No one appeared to be immune to it either. We had Amanda and Lauren gossiping about Olivia at the start of the episode, Caila's rude comments in her ITM's, the girls talking about Olivia's body at the evening portion of the group date, and then all of the cattiness at the cocktail party before the rose ceremony. Yuck.

Lauren and Ben's date was super cute. She's a little bland IMO, but I actually think that's perfect for Ben. I'm curious to see more.

In regards to Jubilee, Becca mentioned on Twitter that she, and I'm guessing the other girls, learn her story next week. That obviously doesn't excuse them, but that would give them some insight as to why Jubilee appears to be guarded and standoffish with the women, which she was last night IMO from what we saw.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 47 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+62
dandelioninspring
Longhornfan
bleuberry
bilolo
Mommyof2