SELECT CONTENT

Ashley and JP *Picture thread* #6

Page 49 of 50 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ashley and JP *Picture thread* #6 - Page 49 Empty Re: Ashley and JP *Picture thread* #6

Post by Samantharose Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:07 pm

ironcat wrote:
moonchild wrote:
sjcaligurl wrote:
mickeysmrs wrote:
TNGirl wrote:
LibbyBell wrote:
bluesea wrote:Did anybody catch what Ash said to jp on their final date when they were saying goodbye...again it sounded like she said 'i love you' right before he said 'see you soon'... i'm probably just hearing things again Ashley and JP *Picture thread* #6 - Page 49 2174738820

I'm not sure what she says here but, on their LCD after he told her he was madly in love with her, she was playing with his hand and JP said"try not to break my heart" which I thought was sweet. Of course, we knew that this wasn't going to happen but, if I were a non-spoiled viewer, I would have melted at that!!

I was a spoiled viewer and I still melted when JP said that!

Of course, it was difficult to pay attention to this conversation because I was continually distracted by Ashley playing with JP's fingers. Definitely something Freudian going on there. Ashley and JP *Picture thread* #6 - Page 49 2174738820

I found it telling that when he said, "Try not to break my heart" Ashley nodded, it seemed to me like she was signaling to him that she would not break his heart.

I think she was so touched at that point by what he'd said previously (and it was probably edited too) that she was just nodding along. He was kinda smiling after he said it anyway. The whole hand exchange and fingers stroking open palms is pretty classic 'fore play.' I read somewhere what that means but it was clearly just another clue that their relationship was at a much different place than any of the others. Ashley was rather misty once JP told her how he felt. I'm still not sure why he was so hesitant and begrudging to do it. Normally, it seems to happen on the FD, not the LCD. Sounds like she'd subtly communicated to him that she loved him before that so I don't get his problem.

Perhaps his hesitation came from Chrystie's judgement and his fear that Ashley would let that influence her end decision. Although his brain couldn't process the fact that she could have a relationship as strong as theirs with someone else, he never lost sight of the fact that there was someone else in this and he had no idea what her true feelings were toward Ben. He knew that his bond with Ashley was strong, but was still so afraid of being hurt again. Fortunately, he used her stepfather's and didn't hold back to protect himself. He already had it figured out that the show was a total mindf***, so I'm sure he questioned everything. No telling what was said to him to get all of that angst.

Ever since Jason and Jesse mentioned that on their season, not only were the producers in Jason's ear about how he was F1, but they were also in Jesse's ear that he wasn't, I've been wondering if the producers were similarly trying to convince JP that Ashley wasn't as sure about him as he thought she was. They certainly got enough footage and PIs of him sounding nervous and insecure in the last episode, which we now know wasn't really the case. Maybe they kept pulling him aside and talking to him about the real possibility of her not choosing him, in order to shake his confidence?

Ashley and JP have seemed like a team for some time. It sounds like Ashley wanted to let Ben down like Chris L was and TPTB wouldn't let her. Maybe she and JP just decided to play along and get it over with? scratch By that point the contestants are so mentally, emotionally, and physically drained, I'm sure its hard to withstand the manipulations of TPTB. Maybe JP's PIs were just going thru the motions?
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Ashley and JP *Picture thread* #6 - Page 49 Empty Re: Ashley and JP *Picture thread* #6

Post by CarrieA Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:08 pm

I'm watching cupcake wars right now but thinking about the bachelorette duh I see cupcakes literally everywhere I go!
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:17 pm

No matter what was said or done, JP seemed to call game over after Hong Kong. I think he was trying to cope with her having to continue with the process but he was sure then. I know we missed a lot but in their conversation on the group date in Taiwan, he seemed to be speaking as though she knew that it was all over and she was just going along ... Still, with her not being able to stop dating or say anything truly concrete, he had no way to know and, perhaps, Ben or Lucas or Ryan, could have taken his place for all he knew because he'd been let down before by women. I think she might have said something along the lines of ILY as early as Hong Kong which is why he was so crazy in Taiwan.

I DO think that she had love for Ben even though she might not have been in love with him. But, had she really been interested in him, she would have used the FD to teach him how to kiss her because it was still boring on the LCD.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:35 pm

CarrieA wrote:I'm watching cupcake wars right now but thinking about the bachelorette duh I see cupcakes literally everywhere I go!

Me too and it's making me really hungry! :giggle:
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:47 pm

So which dress do you think Ashley will wear for their wedding? How will she ever choose?

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/summertimefun/awesome-crazy-wedding-gowns-made-of-balloons-2519854/#photoViewer=1

#teamjodi #teamsushi #teamjash #teamcupcake #teamarie #teameinstein
GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Female Posts : 4592

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer23 Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:52 pm

bluwavz wrote:...The more I think about all that's happened this season, the more I wonder if production was trying for a different ending than the one we got.
It's obvious that all the producers love JP and Ashley and are happy to have another couple who could go the distance and give this show the legitimacy it so desperately needs. That said, I think MF would have given his left arm to have things fall apart between JP and Ashley so JP could have been the next Bachelor. At one point, I would have given my left arm to see JP on my television for another 10 weeks, LOL. Luckily, JP and Ashley were strong enough to withstand any producer manipulation.
Archer23
Archer23

Female Posts : 4183

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:53 pm

bluwavz wrote:
ironcat wrote:
moonchild wrote:
sjcaligurl wrote:
mickeysmrs wrote:
TNGirl wrote:
LibbyBell wrote:
bluesea wrote:Did anybody catch what Ash said to jp on their final date when they were saying goodbye...again it sounded like she said 'i love you' right before he said 'see you soon'... i'm probably just hearing things again Ashley and JP *Picture thread* #6 - Page 49 2174738820

I'm not sure what she says here but, on their LCD after he told her he was madly in love with her, she was playing with his hand and JP said"try not to break my heart" which I thought was sweet. Of course, we knew that this wasn't going to happen but, if I were a non-spoiled viewer, I would have melted at that!!

Of course, it was difficult to pay attention to this conversation because I was continually distracted by Ashley playing with JP's fingers. Definitely something Freudian going on there. Ashley and JP *Picture thread* #6 - Page 49 2174738820

I found it telling that when he said, "Try not to break my heart" Ashley nodded, it seemed to me like she was signaling to him that she would not break his heart.

I think she was so touched at that point by what he'd said previously (and it was probably edited too) that she was just nodding along. He was kinda smiling after he said it anyway. The whole hand exchange and fingers stroking open palms is pretty classic 'fore play.' I read somewhere what that means but it was clearly just another clue that their relationship was at a much different place than any of the others. Ashley was rather misty once JP told her how he felt. I'm still not sure why he was so hesitant and begrudging to do it. Normally, it seems to happen on the FD, not the LCD. Sounds like she'd subtly communicated to him that she loved him before that so I don't get his problem.

Perhaps his hesitation came from Chrystie's judgement and his fear that Ashley would let that influence her end decision. Although his brain couldn't process the fact that she could have a relationship as strong as theirs with someone else, he never lost sight of the fact that there was someone else in this and he had no idea what her true feelings were toward Ben. He knew that his bond with Ashley was strong, but was still so afraid of being hurt again. Fortunately, he used her stepfather's and didn't hold back to protect himself. He already had it figured out that the show was a total mindf***, so I'm sure he questioned everything. No telling what was said to him to get all of that angst.

Ever since Jason and Jesse mentioned that on their season, not only were the producers in Jason's ear about how he was F1, but they were also in Jesse's ear that he wasn't, I've been wondering if the producers were similarly trying to convince JP that Ashley wasn't as sure about him as he thought she was. They certainly got enough footage and PIs of him sounding nervous and insecure in the last episode, which we now know wasn't really the case. Maybe they kept pulling him aside and talking to him about the real possibility of her not choosing him, in order to shake his confidence?

If JP really had any doubts or insecurities, it had to have come from the producers. JP always sounded confident to me in what he and Ashley have. There is no doubt in my mind that the producers were trying to shake his confidence. It was especially obvious when he was picking out a ring. They were trying to convince him he wasn't the one right up until the end.

The more I think about all that's happened this season, the more I wonder if production was trying for a different ending than the one we got. Earlier in the season, I considered the possibility that Ashley could have been rejected by her final 1 at the final rose ceremony. Obviously they were purposely giving him obstacles to overcome. First it was giving him his first 1-on-1 date with Ashley after Bentley left. Let's be honest, the coin toss was most likely rigged. Second it was giving him his second 1-on-1 date with Ashley, so she could tell him about Bentley's return. Third it was giving Ben the overnight date, who was his only competition, just to see how he would react. And fourth, it was having Ryan return and Ashley rejecting him again before his fantasy date. I kind of wonder if they were hoping JP would get fed up and reject Ashley at the final rose ceremony because he couldn't take it anymore. It's an ending we haven't had yet.

From the way the producers are acting after the show I really doubt this. I am sure they knew just how much they could get to JP to give them the PIs they needed without ruining the happy ending.

GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:56 pm

Archer23 wrote:
bluwavz wrote:...The more I think about all that's happened this season, the more I wonder if production was trying for a different ending than the one we got.
It's obvious that all the producers love JP and Ashley and are happy to have another couple who could go the distance and give this show the legitimacy it so desperately needs. That said, I think MF would have given his left arm to have things fall apart between JP and Ashley so JP could have been the next Bachelor. At one point, I would have given my left arm to see JP on my television for another 10 weeks, LOL. Luckily, JP and Ashley were strong enough to withstand any producer manipulation.

Interesting thought. I could see that too. I would hope they would realize that a "supercouple" would be better than JP for Bachelor, but with MF you never know.

GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:13 pm

GrahamGal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:
ironcat wrote:
moonchild wrote:
sjcaligurl wrote:
mickeysmrs wrote:
TNGirl wrote:
LibbyBell wrote:

If JP really had any doubts or insecurities, it had to have come from the producers. JP always sounded confident to me in what he and Ashley have. There is no doubt in my mind that the producers were trying to shake his confidence. It was especially obvious when he was picking out a ring. They were trying to convince him he wasn't the one right up until the end.

The more I think about all that's happened this season, the more I wonder if production was trying for a different ending than the one we got. Earlier in the season, I considered the possibility that Ashley could have been rejected by her final 1 at the final rose ceremony. Obviously they were purposely giving him obstacles to overcome. First it was giving him his first 1-on-1 date with Ashley after Bentley left. Let's be honest, the coin toss was most likely rigged. Second it was giving him his second 1-on-1 date with Ashley, so she could tell him about Bentley's return. Third it was giving Ben the overnight date, who was his only competition, just to see how he would react. And fourth, it was having Ryan return and Ashley rejecting him again before his fantasy date. I kind of wonder if they were hoping JP would get fed up and reject Ashley at the final rose ceremony because he couldn't take it anymore. It's an ending we haven't had yet.

From the way the producers are acting after the show I really doubt this. I am sure they knew just how much they could get to JP to give them the PIs they needed without ruining the happy ending.

I agree with both you and Archer23 that the producers love JP and Ashley, probably more so than any other pairing from this show. I think they're glad that there was a happy ending to this season and they want JP and Ashley to work out, especially after Brad and Emily didn't. I just wonder how much more they would've loved to have a more dramatic ending. They're running out of ideas and we've never seen a lead rejected by their final 1. I think they'll take dramatic ending over a happy ending any day. Especially Mike Fleiss.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomigirl Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Didn't one of the producers write JP's name down after the first show as the 'guy' for Ashley and then revealed it at the end of filming? I think they LOVED Jordash, but still wanted to create 'good tv' so they pulled their Geppetto act...JMO. Thank goodness these two seem like they are the 'forever-kind'.
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:22 pm

I think they knew what they had from the get go. That's why JP got such lame dates. Ben had the best/most romantic dates with her. If Cassie picked JP for her night one, she saw what was happening early on. They got the quality time dates over the long dates and it worked for them because they just wanted to be together. I think the FD made up for a lot along with the free trip to Fiji at the end.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomigirl Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:25 pm

sjcaligurl wrote:I think they knew what they had from the get go. That's why JP got such lame dates. Ben had the best/most romantic dates with her. If Cassie picked JP for her night one, she saw what was happening early on. They got the quality time dates over the long dates and it worked for them because they just wanted to be together. I think the FD made up for a lot along with the free trip to Fiji at the end.

Yeah, there was NO way you could manufacture their conversation (and their interaction) during the LCD. That scene where he tells her 'when it comes to you I've flexible on EVERYTHING'...you just can't write stuff like that....oh hell, I need to watch that ep again...see ya later... :fanningfan
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 50 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ashley and JP *Picture thread* #6

+66
JMFan
bluesea
Jaybird
Thomigirl
Eagle Eye