SELECT CONTENT

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 24 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Longhornfan Mon May 30, 2016 3:09 pm

I think that there is a lot to like about Luke. I am hoping to see more of his personality tonight.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Seabear Mon May 30, 2016 3:52 pm

I like Luke.  The experiences he has been through with West Point and 9 yrs in the military definitely have given him a level of maturity and calmness that sooo many of the Frat Boy mentality guys and goofballs this season have not achieved.  Mad props to Luke for his service.  I am betting Luke's humor and personality will shine....just in a more mature toned down way.  I think he would make an excellent Bachelor.

JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by sallyny Mon May 30, 2016 3:58 pm

I totally agree. Luke is fabulous!

sallyny

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Mon May 30, 2016 8:01 pm

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 CjtP0KYUUAEE4zD
Wells Adams ‏@WellsAdams Nashville, TN
@All_4_One live in the @ALT983 studio now! They R gonna tell u how nervous I was B4 getting out of the limo!
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by kayfay Tue May 31, 2016 2:35 pm

It's funny, but I kept hearing everyone talk about Luke's voice and how he sounds high all of the time buuuut he just sounds like a southern boy to me. That's how they talk down here. giggling
kayfay
kayfay

Female Posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue May 31, 2016 3:07 pm

kayfay wrote:It's funny, but I kept hearing everyone talk about Luke's voice and how he sounds high all of the time buuuut he just sounds like a southern boy to me. That's how they talk down here. giggling
@kayfay I lived in central Texas for 12 years and completely agree. There is something incredibly sexy about a Texan talking. Southern men have it to, but not quite the same.

I think Luke is driven. You don't make it through West Point and leading a platoon without a competitive spirit. I like that. I haven't gotten to watch, but being put into what probably felt like a more important competition would bring out that kind of spirit right away. The ESPN date sounded funny, but firefighting is about saving lives and for a military veteran with combat experience it may have brought a little of the serious back out. I will never criticize someone for taking something like that seriously.

It may have been nice to give Well's the rose for trying hard, but honestly I am sick of our society and it's participation trophies. I liked when you got rewarded for being the best. Maybe I will change later once I see the episode, but I get being a little bit annoyed giving it your all and feeling like you got nothing. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by babs Tue May 31, 2016 3:23 pm

I feel the same way stuckinsc! Rewards should be earned!
babs
babs

Female Posts : 985

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Tue May 31, 2016 4:49 pm

Luke sounds just fine to me too.  Poor guy wanted to win the competition but got stuck between the fireman and the fainter.  giggling  
From the photo up thread, JoJo and Luke were having a good time at the event. Plus we know he gets a great concert date with her in one of the upcoming episodes--so JoJo seems interested in him.  She speaks Texan too.  cheeky
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue May 31, 2016 6:49 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
kayfay wrote:It's funny, but I kept hearing everyone talk about Luke's voice and how he sounds high all of the time buuuut he just sounds like a southern boy to me. That's how they talk down here. giggling
@kayfay I lived in central Texas for 12 years and completely agree. There is something incredibly sexy about a Texan talking. Southern men have it to, but not quite the same.

I think Luke is driven. You don't make it through West Point and leading a platoon without a competitive spirit. I like that. I haven't gotten to watch, but being put into what probably felt like a more important competition would bring out that kind of spirit right away. The ESPN date sounded funny, but firefighting is about saving lives and for a military veteran with combat experience it may have brought a little of the serious back out. I will never criticize someone for taking something like that seriously.

It may have been nice to give Well's the rose for trying hard, but honestly I am sick of our society and it's participation trophies. I liked when you got rewarded for being the best. Maybe I will change later once I see the episode, but I get being a little bit annoyed giving it your all and feeling like you got nothing. JMO.

Okay, in full disclosure, I am a Wells fan.  However not to put too fine a point, but I think he got the rose for not quitting vs trying hard/participation...a fine distinction, but to me at least an important one.  He was a good sport about it all and did not offer excuses.  In a world where everyone says they are the best this and the best that, I enjoy someone who has the work ethic and yes, "tries" to the best of their ability.  I will wager Wells has gone far in life by being his fun, self-deprecating self who enjoys the moment/process without having to WIN!

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue May 31, 2016 7:31 pm

@pavalygurl I actually do like Wells. So I meant him no disrespect at all. But in a combat situation or a life or death firefighting situation trying hard and never giving up would not be good enough. My brothers were all military and the youngest actually went to war with another unit because he was injured when his deployed and would have been a hazard to his fellow soldiers instead of helping.

I am also the least athletic or coordinated person ever, so I never won any awards or trophies like this, now best student, sure I could kick academic, nerd butt. And I accepted that try however hard, I was not valuable or even most improved on an athletic field. I kept a mean scorebook though Hugesmile

Wells talents will come in other things, he probably would have kicked butt on the broadcasting date.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:10 am

This wasn't an award at all. Jojo gave the rose to Wells because he impressed her. She could have given it to Grant for winning but he's a firefighter and wouldn't really be fair. So that leaves Luke who came in 2nd or Wells. To me, Jojo made the choice that seemed right.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:38 pm

I like Luke...and the man knows how to kiss! :yes: giggling
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+74
IrelandRose
exmrsbundy
nd4reality
maddybella
boston1