SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Page 59 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

25 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 59 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by Kashathediva Wed May 18, 2016 6:24 pm

Yep. She truly borders on sociopathic.
imo

Last edited by Kashathediva on Wed May 18, 2016 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

25 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 59 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by lovebites8727 Wed May 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Yeah on her book she mentioned #26 naked photos that was taken on her phone that she printed at local cvs #26 returned it to her laugh out loud.

According to her book she quoted on burning the memories of #26. "The way I see it, nobody said you had to go through this break up taking the high road the entire time. That's impossible. Sometimes you just have to get pissed and burn some poop in order to feel better. " giggling .  No taking the high road on Andi's world after break up . Oh andi just shut the hell up ! laugh out loud

25 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 59 Eb97c9
25 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 59 9zt10725 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 59 Xgicuc25 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 59 Oaw2uv25 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 59 2pqw5k825 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 59 30szzau25 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 59 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Wed May 18, 2016 6:48 pm

I asked a co-worker who is 30 and single about #25's "Would you rather F#ck or make Love?" question.  She found nothing strange in that being said and would take it as a good sign.  As she put it, a Hook-up is a Hook-up and you know what sex means in that context, but if you've been dating for 3 or 4 dates, then it's a good thing to make sure both people are getting what they want from sex.  In her word, just "f#cking" means both people are having a good time but they're each responsible for making sure they get what they want.  Conversely, "Making Love" means that each partner's focus is on satisfying the other.  

Shows you just how much of a married woman I am - I'd have never delineated the two that way!  Either way, my co-worker doesn't think that any of her friends would find the question off putting.

Last edited by eirekay on Wed May 18, 2016 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Correct Number - I'm too used to names :-))
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed May 18, 2016 6:56 pm

eirekay wrote:I asked a co-worker who is 30 and single about #25's "Would you rather F#ck or make Love?" question.  She found nothing strange in that being said and would take it as a good sign.  As she put it, a Hook-up is a Hook-up and you know what sex means in that context, but if you've been dating for 3 or 4 dates, then it's a good thing to make sure both people are getting what they want from sex.  In her word, just "f#cking" means both people are having a good time but they're each responsible for making sure they get what they want.  Conversely, "Making Love" means that each partner's focus is on satisfying the other.  

Shows you just how much of a married woman I am - I'd have never delineated the two that way!  Either way, my co-worker doesn't think that any of her friends would find the question off putting.

That makes sense to me, although the world certainly wasn't like that back when I dated, either.

People on this show come from all over the country and norms about how to act on dates are going to vary. I think participants need to roll with it and not jump quickly to negative conclusions. Some behaviors are just narcissistic (JP), but others seem like an attempt to do whatever the individual understands to be "the right thing" (NV).

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Wed May 18, 2016 7:07 pm

It's so analytical, let's decide, should we make love or F**k. 
When your there let nature take its course. IMO 25 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 59 3806527698

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2016 7:26 pm

Nick lets f*** = lets just hook up. His let make love means we are going into a relationship. That is why he asked why did you make love to me = we did not just have sex it was more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Wed May 18, 2016 7:37 pm

Gotcha Reason, I think?

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed May 18, 2016 7:44 pm

That's how I see it and saw it 2 yrs ago. And I believe the female counterpart saw it that way also even though.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Wed May 18, 2016 7:45 pm

Reason, that makes total sense to me. I'd imagine that question was also a way for Nick to ask, "Is this relationship for real--like, do you actually love me even though you aren't supposed to say--or are you just in this with me for a night of fun?" Sounds like a reasonable question to me, and I'm way past their age group. My generation probably wouldn't have used the same wording, but a similar question would not have been unheard of.

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by StationWagon Wed May 18, 2016 7:48 pm

I thought Nick's way of wording the question was lighthearted, cute, and funny. Andi thought it was weird and awkward, but she doesn't seem to be a very lighthearted person IMO.

StationWagon

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Wed May 18, 2016 8:14 pm

I finished the book this morning. I would get to a point where I thought that Andi was self depreciating, trying to laugh at herself, thinking this isn't so bad, and then it would change. She started talking about vengence, about how she was slowly getting over Josh but then she met him for lunch and slept with him without connecting the dots. How did she get from being so "empowered" to that? And then she goes back to hating him. She wrote about having to consolidate clothes from shopping into one or two bags, putting clothes on from her shopping bags before she came in the house...there was just something missing...why...how? Does she just go through money? she seemed pretty deceptive. There is no context, no self disclosure to these snippets of slamming Josh. And when she bashed Josh because he was upset that she didn't thank him for breakfast...it made me see entitlement and think that maybe Andi doesn't appreciate anyone or anything. Even when she wrote he said that he thought her job was dangerous, I'm sure he didn't tell her not to be a lawyer but not to work on gangs anymore. there were so many omissions that it was obvious there is another side to this story. It was such a character assassination of Josh. It totally shames him. It's really sad to me. I wonder if he can take legal action because this surely will affect his life. And for what? It reminds me of a five year old pointing at a sibling and only telling their own very biased version of a story.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2016 8:17 pm

So there was not much about Nick in it just Josh bashing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

+81
BohemianNika
lipsis
Newto
MiniDiva
sdmom