SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Page 66 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

28 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 66 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by MiniDiva Thu May 19, 2016 3:03 pm

Unless proven, how does anyone know if Andi's version is accurate?  While, I hope Josh does remain silent, it would simply be a matter of "she said, he said" and their dirty relationship laundry aired in public.  She would have earned more respect by keeping her thoughts to herself, IMO.  To me, she publicly reveals she is more mentally unstable, than a strong and healthy person -- a detriment if she ever wanted to return to being a federal prosecutor, IMO.
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

28 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 66 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 3:06 pm

Beach Lover wrote:I too finally finished the book this morning and I agree with all of you that feel this was a toxic relationship, but not necessarily an abusive one (unless mutually abusive, which to me is the same as toxic).  There were a few times I felt sympathy for Andi, but overall I just don't buy that she was a victim. Although I will not defend #26 from making certain comments, and realize he needs to work on his mistrust and control issues, I think he was likely as much of a victim of hers as she claims to have been of his.  It's just very suspicious to me what Andi has chosen to share and, more importantly, what she didn't share about the relationship and her own actions.  She glossed over too many details about her own behavior and tried to justify things on her end,  only highlighting #26's wrong doings. But I could see right through her and found myself questioning a lot of things she said. There were holes and contradictions and hypocrisy in many of her stories. She over dramatized some things IMO, just like she did with Eric on the show, and turned Josh into the villain and her the victim. She is delusional, I'm convinced.  This is a very ones sided story about a couple that never should have been together, and she in her bitterness has tarnished the reputation of a man that I believe is still a very good person and wasn't deserving of this, just for revenge and her own selfish needs. This all should have just been kept private and she should have just moved on with her life, not looking back.

I am listening to the audiobook via an Audible free trial. Maybe MeAndi doesn't get a royalty that way? Anyway, if I hadn't watched her season and was new to the "characters", able to accept her "theme" and "storyline", then I might find her book mildly entertaining. But then I probably wouldn't have bought her book in the first place, if that makes any sense. As far as the writing goes, I am a bit surprised to find it better than I expected, in terms of mechanics and style, though definitely not substance! Her vocal delivery is very professional and polished, IMO, even with her annoying mannerisms and potty mouth (that seemed "honest"). But the entire thing to me feels "dramatized" and "fictionalized". It is like she wrote it in a "Sex In The City" way and looks forward to it being picked up by the producers of UnReal and adapted into a season or miniseries. I am hoping The Bachelor franchise is done with her. Question - have we heard anything from Sharleen re: the book?

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 19, 2016 3:31 pm

None of her buddies including Kelly have endorsed her book, last time I checked.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu May 19, 2016 3:58 pm

Kelly did on snapchat and IG. Catherine and DeAnna plugged it on IG. Possibly others.

Last edited by bleuberry on Thu May 19, 2016 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

28 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 66 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu May 19, 2016 4:11 pm

Jillian posted on IG about it too.  
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 4:22 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:None of her buddies including Kelly have endorsed her book, last time I checked.

I wouldn't be surprised if she would lose some girlfriends with the publication of her book. Maybe not in her face blatantly but through quiet distancing. And it may not be as easy for her to replace those friendships given she will be "wearing" this book for a long, long time. But it may not be a concern to her right now, as long as Kelly has her back and is there for her unconditionally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 4:25 pm

bleuberry wrote:Kelly did on snapchat and IG. Catherine and DeAnna plugged it on IG. Possibly others.

Other than Kelly, I wonder how many of these Bach related "endorsers" are really her friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Thu May 19, 2016 4:27 pm

Sharleen has said nothing publicly.  I'm sure she quietly is supporting her friend but is too classy to publicly endorse this mess.  Trista didn't post either, thank god, even though those two "appear" tight.  And nothing from Des who I don't think is really friends with Andi.

Last edited by Beach Lover on Thu May 19, 2016 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu May 19, 2016 4:28 pm

I didn't see the others, but I did see Jillian's post on IG. She had a picture of the book saying that was her upcoming reading. She hasn't since commented that I saw. I love Jillian, but I admit I was a little disappointed she plugged it, even though I know she's is very outgoing. It's her right to post about it, but just wished she didn't give Andi any publicity.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 19, 2016 4:28 pm

Glad to hear she's getting some plugs from the formers. So that's what 4? Oh plus CH, 5.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu May 19, 2016 4:29 pm

Due to the demographics of her lifestyle(being single and being in NYC) several of her gf relationships could realistically become more distant. That is not unusual as lives take different paths.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Thu May 19, 2016 4:47 pm

I wonder how many of the plugs have actually read the book? My guess is none, outside of Andi's inner circle that is. A person can be supportive without approving and/or endorsing.

28 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 66 Samuel1028 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 66 Samuel10 28 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 66 Family1028 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 66 Samuel1528 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 66 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

+81
BohemianNika
lipsis
Newto
MiniDiva
sdmom