SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

Page 2 of 46 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 10, 2016 8:10 pm

kimberlyg wrote:Just read briefly about all of this.  Jeremy is the worst lawyer ever if Sean is talking publicly about this.  It's like "YES, LET ME ADMIT LIABILITY FOR EVERYTHING PUBLICLY."  Even if the lien is gone, doesn't necessarily mean there aren't other claims, and for all Sean knows the only thing that happened was that the court got rid of the automatic judgment and he's going to have to deal with actual litigation.

And that doesn't even address the ridiculous "Jesus would have driven a porche" line.

I swear these people are rock-stupid.
I totally agree.  cantstopl

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

Post by stuckinsc Tue May 10, 2016 8:44 pm

I am not a Jeremy fan, but I can not blame him for Sean's enormous ego and need to publicly extol himself. I think Sean would be a nightmare client. JMO.

Okay, I was wrong Jeremy is as huge an idiot as Sean. No wonder they are friends. 

All these bachelor nations past connections, yuck, anyone else feel like the bachelor casting pool needs to be bleached to get rid of some of these networks of friends who keep appearing? JMO.

Last edited by stuckinsc on Tue May 10, 2016 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue May 10, 2016 9:02 pm

kimberlyg wrote:Just read briefly about all of this.  Jeremy is the worst lawyer ever if Sean is talking publicly about this.  It's like "YES, LET ME ADMIT LIABILITY FOR EVERYTHING PUBLICLY."  Even if the lien is gone, doesn't necessarily mean there aren't other claims, and for all Sean knows the only thing that happened was that the court got rid of the automatic judgment and he's going to have to deal with actual litigation.

And that doesn't even address the ridiculous "Jesus would have driven a porche" line.

Jeremy even retweeted Sean's blog post. Publicity for everyone. :crazed

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 2 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue May 10, 2016 9:16 pm

cantstopl Thanks for the laugh!!

I wondered too. Can a lien really just go poof like that so quickly? Like really, 24 hours and a little pro bono work from your buddy and poof, gone? Shouldn't he be handling this with a little more caution and discretion?

ETA: You guys. Not to totally change the subject, but burried in Sean and Catherine's roughly 127 Instagram posts and ads from this afternoon is a picture of Sean on set for his movie. His movie. He's an actor now, apparently. Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 2 3806527698 I don't think this has been given enough attention by you fine people. So much for no more cameras and going back to normal life!! laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 10, 2016 9:44 pm

I think "us guys" are pretty well aware that if you do a google on any of these people you will come up with an IMDb pretty darn fast. 
Now that may not trigger an academy award, but I can guarantee if you look up my name it will not be in my top 5 searches.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Tue May 10, 2016 9:52 pm

sosleepy wrote:I wondered too. Can a lien really just go poof like that so quickly? Like really, 24 hours and a little pro bono work from your buddy and poof, gone? Shouldn't he be handling this with a little more caution and discretion?

I don't know the details and this isn't even close to my area of law, but I'm very very very skeptical it could all just magically disappear in 24 hours.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 10, 2016 10:51 pm

It may not disappear immediately from the records, but all it takes is a letter from the party who registered the lien to confirm it's satisfied, it is paid in full, it didn't exist it was an error, whatever. I'm not sure about US of A but we have a registry system that is live. Once the discharge is imputed the lien is removed. Same for mortgages, once your mortgage is registered, you get the keys to your new home. To get to that point, there is necessary paperwork that has to be prepared in order to register the discharge of the lien.  However, he refers to a lien and a judgement. In my world those are two separate things, and they are dealt with differently than the registry system.

A judgement requires paperwork to be completed and it goes through the court system. The judge says yes, you are owed money, you have a judgement against the debtor. This goes on your credit bureau, but it doesn't attach to any assets. If you try to obtain credit it will show there is a judgement, and no lender will lend you money if you have a judgement. To have that removed from your credit bureau you need to provide proof (not an easy process to deal with the Credit bureau and that system is not quick) and they will usually show it satisfied or paid. They IMO obviously did it against him personally to try and recoup money from the investment business.

That's the way it works in my world.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Tue May 10, 2016 11:08 pm

I think it's similar in the US that if Sean just paid the judgment, then of course it would go away. But if Sean just paid it then why the freakout or why mention anything at all?

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 11:31 pm

I can't believe I went back to his horrible blog, but I wanted to make sure I hadn't misinterpreted it. Here's Sean's quote :
He (Jeremy)  informed me that I was dealing with a fraudulent lien. In short, the judgment was clearly against my defunct company and not me personally but they somehow placed a lien on my house because I was listed as a registered agent for that company (which basically means mail goes to me)
So the judgement may still be out there, but Sean doesn't care cause it's on the company  & not him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed May 11, 2016 12:14 am

IDK. I would think he cares. I would.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed May 11, 2016 1:32 am

You know, I think he does care to a degree. I don't think he's a horrible person. BUT, the way he composed that blog post IMO was careless. It was all very blasé. 'My house, my money, my life, me, me, me. Tune in  tomorrow for part 2! Oh, look, my lawyer friend took care of it in a day. Did I mention he did it for free?' Suspect

He said Catherine didn't understand the gravity of it all, I'm not sure he does either.

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 2 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2016 2:17 am

bleuberry wrote:You know, I think he does care to a degree. I don't think he's a horrible person. BUT, the way he composed that blog post IMO was careless. It was all very blasé. 'My house, my money, my life, me, me, me. Tune in  tomorrow for part 2! Oh, look, my lawyer friend took care of it in a day. Did I mention he did it for free?' Suspect

He said Catherine didn't understand the gravity of it all, I'm not sure he does either.

He's very self-centered. I don't get the impression he cares. He makes sure to say the business failed through no fault of his own.
The way he left it hanging on his blog makes me think he'll be very happy if his bud Jeremy can make it go away. If it continues to hang over his head, it will be bothersome to Sean. IMO Sean cares about himself & his little circle. And money of course!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 46 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

+66
eliza3
ddsmom17
SunnyRachel
maya213
Babescake