SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

Page 14 of 46 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 30 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:26 pm

Please stay on topic, and keep other contestants out of this thread.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:23 pm

sosleepy wrote:
umngirl wrote:
sosleepy wrote:

Huh? Sean has a blog. He's a blogger. I don't frequent, because well, I just don't care about their day-to-day, but that's how we learned about his complete over share with the lien out on his name or whatever.

Sean doesn't have a token lifestyle blog like nearly all the others. He shares things like dog Halloween costume ideas, shark attack escape videos, and pics from their social media. **edited**

Shilling is shilling as shilling is shilling. Maybe Sean doesn't hock products in his blog, idk, like I said, I don't frequent. But he certainly hocks products elsewhere, and he's practically TM'd his SeanCat brand.  So I'm not about to put him on some pedestal and give him a trophy for winning at life just because he (maybe?) exhibits some disrection with his blog advertising.

Seancat are professional grade shillers; not only using themselves, but their baby. (Which IMO is worse!) They are no better than anyone other shilling couple. For me, it's even worse because I get the sense THEY think they're not as bad. IMO, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:33 pm

Yes I do get the feeling that they think they are above everybody else or their reason for doing the "schilling" are more valid than the others. (JMO)

But that's okay I will forgive them if they keep having more adorable babies. giggling
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:55 am

I have no gripe with atypical jobs and financial risk as long as you are accountable to yourself and your immediate family. People have all kinds of ways to put food on the table and many opt for more freedom and joy and less material comfort. So in this sense, more power to them. My objection to shilling is an ethical one. I rarely feel that the sales pitch is an honest endorsement but rather compromised by the monetary gain. I personally go out of my way to stay away from shilled products.

Last edited by glazedover on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:55 am

IDK, Halloween costume ideas and social media pictures seems like typical "lifestyle" posts to me... Just because he's not sharing his favourite eyebrow pencil or "outfit of the day" or whatever doesn't make his blog any more high-brow than all the others laugh out loud

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:16 am

I don't know if his blog is considered a lifestyle blog or not, but I'm assuming it's making good money for him or he wouldn't be doing it. It might be the longest job he's ever held. No shade! If it ain't broke... laugh out loud

Plus the token lifestyle bloggers are all women so naturally their content is geared to their audience. Sean is doing the exact same thing for a different audience IMO.

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 14 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:02 am

realityfan26 wrote:
sosleepy wrote:
umngirl wrote:

Sean doesn't have a token lifestyle blog like nearly all the others. He shares things like dog Halloween costume ideas, shark attack escape videos, and pics from their social media. **edited**

Shilling is shilling as shilling is shilling. Maybe Sean doesn't hock products in his blog, idk, like I said, I don't frequent. But he certainly hocks products elsewhere, and he's practically TM'd his SeanCat brand.  So I'm not about to put him on some pedestal and give him a trophy for winning at life just because he (maybe?) exhibits some disrection with his blog advertising.

Seancat are  professional grade shillers; not only using themselves, but their baby. (Which IMO is worse!)  They are no better than anyone other shilling couple. For me, it's even worse because I get the sense THEY think they're not as bad. IMO, of course.
Because they are not bad *IMO* , I am now looking through Catherine's Insta and she has had 4 items that she shilled this past month. Because I don't want to bring other contestants into this, but the most important things like their son first photo, instead of going to some mag, they posted in their Insta and made it more intimate and special for them *IMO*. I appreciated that.

I follow Cat and Sean and the goes a week where this is no shilling, I am not going to begrudge them for making money, they got bills and a baby to raise. They don't do it so much that it annoys me, they do it in a subtle way *IMO*. I don't mind shilling, but I hate it when it is like an everyday thing that some of these contestants do.

*EDIT* when you invest it is a risk taker, the investors know it too. Sean has nothing to be ashamed of,*IMO*, he faced his fault that he took a risk and lost.

About Catherine's company. She has employees that work for her,that depend on her for a paycheck, her stationary is in a lot of stores.  It is her own business and Sean is a real estate. They bought a new house, taking care of their son and we haven't heard of any bankrupt stories from them, I am pretty sure they are doing fine. *IMO*

Last edited by Kashathediva on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : opinions are not facts. opinions are not facts. opinions are not facts.)
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:31 am

I don't begrudge them either. But not going to a magazine is hardly an accomplishment when they signed a YEAR long contract with Dreft to share those 'intimate' moments. I didn't shade them then and I'm not going to do it now but they stand to make a lot of $$ that way and they're free to do that. Again shilling is shilling. If they had gone the traditional route then yeah, kudos, but IMO to me that would be *not* monetizing ANY part of this. I have yet to see any of the mainstream couples do this so it is a moot point anyway JMO.

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 14 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:19 am

It would be all good but I feel that things that other COUPLES do they get unfair criticism when IMO they are the most subtle compared to everyone.

Catherine business is a legit business, how can anyone mock that? She has employees and people that depend on her for paycheck. It may not be glamorous to some but it is a legit business.

Sean is in real estate, that is a legit job. What is expected?

Investing is a real risk taker, Sean is not supposed to live his life because he messed up?. He will be the first one say, yeah, things didn't go out as plans. Which is what happens in investing at times. He owes them nothing, they took a risk and lost.

I just find selling pics to magazines just distasteful more than any shilling that any of these people can do. Those are the first pics seen by the public, you have it on a magazine that is published, read by millions and you sold them to a magazine. First pics and you sold your kids faces to make some money. It makes it less more sincere because it is not sincere at all. My fave JLO did that with her twins, I found it distasteful then, I find it distasteful now.

Everything is in IMO.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:20 am

For all we know the only reason SeanCat didn't go to a mag first was because it was in conflict with their Dreft deal. It's all whatever to me. I don't think Sean or Catherine are special snowflakes that deserve all sorts of accolades for "winning" at being married, parenting, life, whatever over any of the others. That's just dumb. They do life their way, others a different way. It's not a contest. No one wins in the end.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:29 am

Don't get me started about Sean's supposed ''lifestyle'' blog. He may make money in the ads , but he does not shill anything in it. It is like a diary that he shares his life at times. He does not model clothes and tell us where to get them, he does not put products and say you can get it in this place. It is about family and his life.

IMO the rest of the contestants blogs are all about shilling. Putting products and writing about is shilling. Sean blog can not be compared to a blog that all they do is write about products, that is to him a diary that he shares in his POV  about his life, without using any of these companies. It is not the same thing, not the same thing at all.

ALL OF THIS IS IMO!

Last edited by StacyNor on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:32 am

I'm probably the only one, but I feel like this discussion is just so tired. And yes, I know I don't have to participate. It just a feels like it's been going on for three years now.

In more important news, RIP to their sweet Lola girl. They had to put her down yesterday after a genetic disease stole her ability to walk and stand. I think everyone can agree how much they loved and cared for their dogs.

Last edited by umngirl on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 14 87b72b10 Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 14 86669110 Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 14 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 46 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 30 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

+66
eliza3
ddsmom17
SunnyRachel
maya213
Babescake