SELECT CONTENT

NO SPOILERS - CHASE - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing NO Spoilers*

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NO SPOILERS - CHASE - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing NO Spoilers* - Page 22 Empty Re: NO SPOILERS - CHASE - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing NO Spoilers*

Post by veg_out Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:01 am

agentcurls wrote:
veg_out wrote:^rhondy, thanks for doing those updates!

Chris made it easy to forget about the distraction. He is so supportive and comforting. He handled the situation gracefully and like a true gentleman. Dinner that night was straight out of a storybook. The palace, the dinner, the conversation, and the romance were beyond my wildest dreams. I truly felt like a princess. Chris made me feel special while dancing in his arms, as if we were the only two people in that ballroom. I almost forgot about the date crasher.
Des's blog
So, are you thinking that Chase is similar to Chris S? 
Or, do you think JoJo would've described things differently if he was F1? More of a glowing review?

I referenced Des because I wanted to show the language she used to describe her date with Chris. She was on a date with Chris when Bryden showed up and decided to leave. Des initially seemed into Bryden. I remember a PI after she said goodbye to Bryden where Des was shown crying and saying to the camera (paraphrase): "I just want to get back to Chris."

Her words in her blog about "going back to see Chase" and "getting to be in his arms" reminded me of that. Chase, like Chris, was her comfort.

rhondam wrote:Veg or anyone, is there a link or somewhere I can watch Des' WHOLE season for free? :cutesmile!:

^rhondy, I don't. I'd google it though. I'd definitely watch their proposal--it's my absolute favorite one of the franchise. So raw and so real.

aviej wrote:But whatever his VO, it was misrepresented in the last episode and possibly in this episode to come.

Yes, I read an article awhile back about editing on reality shows. They now have software that can pinpoint the exact words that they want so that they can string together anything they want to say. I was even questioning on Monday if Jordan's ITM and VO about James where he calls it "pathetic" was actually a frankenbite.

I usually only trust what comes out of a lead's mouth that I can see. It's the reason that I'm curious about the lack of ITMs/PIs of JoJo commenting on Chase and her feelings about him. Does the lead often say more about the F1?
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

NO SPOILERS - CHASE - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing NO Spoilers* - Page 22 Empty Re: NO SPOILERS - CHASE - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing NO Spoilers*

Post by agentcurls Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:45 am

Still mulling over this from Chase:  

"It's new to me, to have to express these things, but it's incredible how fast and how soon I have actually started to feel those things for you and how much I want my future to involve you. I came for a reason, and that reason is you. That reason is to be with you, that reason is to leave with you. That is exactly what I want. And I'm not gonna stop until I do." 

I can only imagine how many more romantic things Chase is going to say during his HTD & FD.  PINKHEART
Not sure Chase leaves with her at the end, but it sure is fun watching him fall for JoJo.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:49 pm

I'm sad we didn't get to see this moment:
NO SPOILERS - CHASE - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing NO Spoilers* - Page 22 Chojo310
NO SPOILERS - CHASE - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing NO Spoilers* - Page 22 Chojo511
(my own SCs)  
How low can you go, Chojo?  giggling
I felt robbed of Chojo time at the CP. Notice all of the others had aired time with her.  question
Also, no sneak peaks of Jojo and Chase interacting at all for next episode. Again, we got a glimpse of the other remaining men kissing her next episode.  question 
But surely he makes even more progress with her in order to get a HTD?
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:42 pm

Yes, it was clear when Chase was walking into the RC that evening that he was very confident. Good for him! I hope he knows he's got to keep the momentum and start expressing some more. I honestly believe if Jordan was not in the picture that she may choose Chase. IMO, the only reason why Chase is at he F2 position is because she doesn't want to spare him the hurt and having to propose and get rejected. Yes she's connected to Robby. However, IMO her relationship with the other F2 are superficial. On the one hand, her conversations with Jordan always center around his questionable behavior/character. And we only see Robby spitting out ILYs and making out. But how much has she gotten to know the men, to know what they value etc. To me, that conversation she had with Chase was very raw. When she was giving the rose to Chase she said that their conversation opened up her eyes a lot. I hope that means it opened up her eyes about what real love looks like. Is it just me or did it seem as though she was pulling away from Jordan a bit while talking on the steps. She didn't seem all that smitten and head over heels in that moment. Is it because she was still on a high from her date with Chase?
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:22 pm

agentcurls wrote:Still mulling over this from Chase:  

"It's new to me, to have to express these things, but it's incredible how fast and how soon I have actually started to feel those things for you and how much I want my future to involve you. I came for a reason, and that reason is you. That reason is to be with you, that reason is to leave with you. That is exactly what I want. And I'm not gonna stop until I do." 

Gah heartbeat heartbeat heartbeat That entire statement is beautiful, and it sounds like something that he'd say at the FRC. His repetition of the "that reason" drives home his point that he is there for her and her alone. Talk about making a person feel loved and wanted.

What do you interpret her head bow to mean? She also did it with Jordan when they were on the steps.

This was her face when she looked up at him:
NO SPOILERS - CHASE - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing NO Spoilers* - Page 22 2v9xc7b
veg's cap

Her eyes even seemed to water a bit and her voice sounded like she was emotional. They were really beautiful to watch--raw and real and tender.

Whatever happens, it's been really wonderful and heartwarming to watch Chase with JoJo. He is her Chris S.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Yes she was very emotional then. She was actually sniffling. Also, just before she gave Chase the rose she rolled up her eyes, like she was getting really emotional. She was pretty composed when she spoke about Derek at first. But the moment she turned to Chase, she got emotional.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:47 pm

veg_out wrote:
agentcurls wrote:Still mulling over this from Chase:  

Gah heartbeat heartbeat heartbeat That entire statement is beautiful, and it sounds like something that he'd say at the FRC. His repetition of the "that reason" drives home his point that he is there for her and her alone. Talk about making a person feel loved and wanted.

What do you interpret her head bow to mean? She also did it with Jordan when they were on the steps.

This was her face when she looked up at him:
NO SPOILERS - CHASE - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing NO Spoilers* - Page 22 2v9xc7b
veg's cap

Her eyes even seemed to water a bit and her voice sounded like she was emotional. They were really beautiful to watch--raw and real and tender.

Whatever happens, it's been really wonderful and heartwarming to watch Chase with JoJo. He is her Chris S.
Oh gosh, that was undeniably one of the, if not the, most emotional moments I've seen on these shows. I totally agree, their touching moments give me chills. Even though he is gah for Jo, there is someone in his future who he'll also find that with but whom also matches his rugged side. It's a shame that Luke, and Chase were on the same season. Well maybe Chase could be asked to be Season 22's Bachelor? On second thought, and someone else mentioned it, he is more suited to real life romances IMO. I bet this experience made him realize that sometimes you have to risk the possibility of getting hurt.

But ooooooh his penetrating eyes would just melt my heart. I would love to "see" him fall in love again. I hope (if he's not f1, which I'm 98-99% sure but I don't have a good track record but  I've also been thinking like Fleiss would <- nononono, I mean how they would edit and that's where I am.) he doesn't get hurt too bad sad  (if that's the case).
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:52 pm

Would anyone mind if I posted Sharleen's blog? I read them every season, and they don't have spoilers.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:12 pm

It's fine with me, veg. I like Sharleen's insight.

NO SPOILERS - CHASE - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing NO Spoilers* - Page 22 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:17 pm

^Sure, VO. Smiley

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:17 pm

Sharleen Joynt on The Bachelorette: Episode 6

Jun 28, 2016 Sharleen Joynt

I have yet to watch a season of The Bachelorette where I could fully relate to the lead’s taste in men. The closest was Ashley Hebert’s season, where I found myself having mini crushes on three out of her final four men (and I totally dug her final pick, especially for her). Second would be Desiree, where I could absolutely see the appeal of her favourite two. Don’t get me wrong; I’m not one of those “she should have picked so-and-so” people; it irks me when viewers think they know the whole story and presume to know what these contestants are really like based on an edit. But when it comes to taste… it’s such a subjective yet undefinable thing. And in my experience as a contestant—and having met and gotten to know many contestants—an edit may skim over the intricacies of a person but can’t create an entirely new one. But as a viewer of The Bachelorette and a woman with admittedly off-the-beaten-path tastes, I’ve struggled for the last few seasons.

For example, I would think someone who wasn’t at all comfortable on a reality television show would be appealing. Someone with their walls up would be intriguing, not troubling. Someone who always says the right things at the right times would be suspect, and someone who appears to spend every waking moment working out strikes me as more vain than masculine. I’m not knocking those whose tastes differ from mine; most of my closest girlfriends’ do, after all. But for me it was painful to watch someone like Wells, who was deliciously normal in staving off the pressure (while actively waiting for the “right moment”) to kiss JoJo, get sent home. Especially while Alex, who despite not having had a 1-on-1 still manages to make out with JoJo at every turn, remains.

I’m going to share a somewhat personal story to support my point: the night I met my fiancé Andy, we both knew it was something very special. I didn’t necessarily know he was the man I was going to marry, but the excitement about each other was mutual and palpable. We shared a cab from Tribeca to the UWS where we both lived, and before dropping me off Andy leaned in for our first kiss. But, this particular taxi stunk. Like, bad. It was one of those undeniably smelly cabs that tourists use as an argument for not understanding how people live here. (Another popular one is the mounds of garbage bags on the streets.) And despite the fact that I was a ready and willing first kiss recipient, Andy hesitated, thought for a moment, and pulled back, saying, “Never mind. I know I’m going to see you again, and I’d rather the memory of our first kiss not be marred by this cab.” Our first kiss would eventually occur in a deserted stone corridor of The Cloisters—a much more perfect, appropriate and picturesque moment, and well worth the wait.

I guess my point is, waiting for the magic moment, waiting out someone’s walls, waiting to utter ILY, waiting for “right” can be really worth it. I’m aware time is of the essence on this show and there’s constant pressure at every turn (administered by professionals, no less) to amp up to the next level and feel ready, even if deep down you know it’s premature. But to me, the more reticent Wellses and Chases of The Bachelorette world deserve more consideration, as their complicated and tender underbellies are most certainly shared with fewer and are thus likely worth the extra time and curiosity.

My frontrunners this week are…

1. Luke, 31: Luke’s slow and steady burn finally dethroned Jordan this week. I like how constant and not volatile Luke is and the fact that he is never (and I mean NEVER) involved in any house drama despite being such an obvious frontrunner (and thus threatening). And of course, his chemistry with JoJo is through the roof. There is nothing to not like about Luke.

2. Jordan, 27: This is the first week where I don’t have Jordan in the top spot. That’s not to say I don’t think Jordan has a serious shot of “winning” this season, but there have been multiple instances of guys having beef with Jordan (even if they can’t give legitimate examples or their criticisms are limited to ITMs) and JoJo said his ex didn’t have favourable things to say about him. Just based on the where-there’s-smoke adage, I have to knock Jordan down a notch as I think these little dents in his perfect image can add up and take a toll on JoJo’s impression of him. All that said, I still think JoJo is starry-eyed for Jordan in a way she isn’t with anyone else.

3. Robby, 27: I’m still recovering from Robby’s incredibly premature proclamation of love last week, but that doesn’t keep me from thinking he’s a frontrunner. JoJo, while reasonably a bit freaked out by his profession of love on their first date, responds well to Words of Affirmation, which Robby has no qualms about doling out. Though I don’t quite see it being in the same league as her connection with either Luke or Jordan, the two do seem to share great chemistry. I can’t see Robby not making Final 4 at this point.

4. James Taylor, 29: James Taylor (or rather, his edit) has been laying low, but it’s hard to not root for this wonderfully different, self-effacing, modest, talented man. While I think he chanced dangerous waters to be criticizing Jordan to JoJo, I appreciated that he didn’t deny it to Jordan’s face (à la Leah with Lauren B last season). JoJo appeared to really take James Taylor’s feelings to heart, confirming my belief that she has a true soft spot for him. Not only do I think James Taylor will stick around, I want him to.

Flare
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:21 pm

I really like her perspective, esp. the story she tells about the first kiss with her fiance.

Sometimes, I think that Jo will follow the trajectory of overcoming her Achilles heel and give herself the love that she described in episode 3. Perhaps Jordan (he's who I'm leaning towards as F1 right now) can be all of those things, but I'm starting to wonder if Jo isn't there yet herself to understand the way that healthy relationships work. Her conversation with Wells exposed that.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

NO SPOILERS - CHASE - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing NO Spoilers*

+17
aviej
Lievta
iamreal2u
rhondam
mysthelma