SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 34 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 34 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by babs Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:08 am

Maybe not all of the people making nasty comments are JoJo fans but a large percentage are BEN and JoJo fans.  They loved Ben and wanted him to pick JoJo.  Felt rejected themselves when, after saying I love you...........which I think was fake..............he let her go.  Perhaps after seeing the guys she has to pick from it makes them even more angry that she didn't end up with Ben.  

Evil skinny Lauren took Ben away.

JoJo doesn't deserve this and Lauren certainly does not deserve it.
babs
babs

Female Posts : 985

Back to top Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 34 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by Ash2214 Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:19 am

It is what it is. This is how it goes. It's nothing new. There's one account that trolls JoJo's IG hard with some very nasty, degrading comments. If you take a look at this person's account or other comments they leave, you can easily tell they're a Ben and Lauren fan.

There's hateful people on both sides and then just hateful people in general that like to troll accounts and hate on people. I just say avoid it as best as you can. These people are faceless strangers.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:23 am

^ This.
It's difficult to understand, but this is the nature of the troll/snert's game. It does not matter the "who" as they are only a means to the end for them.
Their end goal is to cause chaos and make others feel bad, this makes them feel good.
As soon as one username is knocked down, another is created. Like whack-a-troll. Endless cycle. The only way to deal is ignore.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:24 am

^ I really don't think it's that deep IMO. It's just people who prefer JoJo, prefer Ben with JoJo, don't like Lauren, etc. IMO.

I've been wondering this for a while now, does Lauren own her vehicle? If she does, I don't think we've ever seen it... All of their snaps have been in Ben's SUV.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:33 am

babs wrote:Maybe not all of the people making nasty comments are JoJo fans but a large percentage are BEN and JoJo fans.  They loved Ben and wanted him to pick JoJo.  Felt rejected themselves when, after saying I love you...........which I think was fake..............he let her go.  Perhaps after seeing the guys she has to pick from it makes them even more angry that she didn't end up with Ben.  

And here is how editing helped to pump JoJo up for the rabid fan bases, while downplaying Lauren:

Watch the show in its intended order, how it actually happened in real time, real life:

Lauren's HTD is last, JoJo's sandwiched in the middle.
Lauren's FSD is last, JoJo's is second (this in particular, was a key switch up)
Lauren's LCD was last, JoJo went first.

When you watch it in correct order, you can pretty clearly see that how even though Ben told another girl he loved her, Lauren was very much his girl. Editors are tricky, tricky... By switching the order, it created more chaos and doubt, boosted up JoJo for the "blindside" and her leading role, and simultaneously downplayed his connection with Lauren to create doubt.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:45 am

sosleepy wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:Just curious, if those comments are left to support JoJo, then why would Kaitlyn got similar comments while she didn't have to deal with the two ILYs issue?

Apples and oranges. Many people from this show get some variation of hatred spewed their way for some reason or another. Kaitlyn's biggest "sin" was that she slept with Nick before fantasy suites. So, she gets the "whore" commentary, because girls hate girls who are sexually free, I guess, and sl*t shaming ensues. Oh, and she's skinny like Lauren, so may as well throw some skinny shaming her way as well. Kaitlyn has always fought back as well, and like we saw with Lauren, that inflames the crowd.

What was Lauren's biggest sin? Honestly, nothing that she did to herself. It was the unique situation that Ben and the show put her in. Dual ILY's, and an incredibly popular F2 girl that got a rocking edit to pump her up for the next lead (the show's MO, the lead always looks "golden" their first go around) and then putting said girl with the huge fan base FRONT AND CENTER so she can head her own show and stay relevant in everyone's minds.  That's a situation that a F1 doesn't typically have to deal with. I don't think it's a coincidence that the poop being thrown at Lauren is kicked into high gear only now, with JoJo front and center.

ETA: BUT, I agree with everyone else. Per info in the fan thread, these two are just fine, moving right along, living their lives...  So, I'm going to follow their lead, be happy for them, and move right along as well...

My point is, maybe some people out there just dislike Lauren B as a person and is irrelevant to JoJo????? As you said, people just throw whatever comments their way, it may, or maybe not directly relevant to other people.

I personally dislike her as a person and I'm not a JoJo fan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:55 am

Every tv show and many movies get their own insane part of fandom who cannot separate reel and real life. They're nasty trolls who get their kicks from living vigariously through their idols, and when the idol makes choices they don't agree with, they unravel and become really vicious and cruel. Part of Twilight fandom still wishes for Pattison/Steward reunion, and hate on their real life partners. CW shows have horrid fans who harass the lead's wife, because they want the lead with his costar. The fifty shades fandom hates on the lead's wife too. It's happening in sports too. In every part of entertainment really.

It's really interesting, that all these fandoms target the looks of the person they hate. Like they call Lauren ugly. So what if she's ugly? Ugly people don't deserve love? Is beauty the quality needed on order to be adored?

I'm rambling on, sorry, this is just a baffling part of humanity for me, the fandom hate.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:55 am

sosleepy wrote:
babs wrote:Maybe not all of the people making nasty comments are JoJo fans but a large percentage are BEN and JoJo fans.  They loved Ben and wanted him to pick JoJo.  Felt rejected themselves when, after saying I love you...........which I think was fake..............he let her go.  Perhaps after seeing the guys she has to pick from it makes them even more angry that she didn't end up with Ben.  

And here is how editing helped to pump JoJo up for the rabid fan bases, while downplaying Lauren:

Watch the show in its intended order, how it actually happened in real time, real life:

Lauren's HTD is last, JoJo's sandwiched in the middle.
Lauren's FSD is last, JoJo's is second (this in particular, was a key switch up)
Lauren's LCD was last, JoJo went first.

When you watch it in correct order, you can pretty clearly see that how even though Ben told another girl he loved her, Lauren was very much his girl. Editors are tricky, tricky... By switching the order, it created more chaos and doubt, boosted up JoJo for the "blindside" and her leading role, and simultaneously downplayed his connection with Lauren to create doubt.
That's the formula every season though. They usually always try to cast doubt on the f1 and down play their relationship with the lead. And I'm sorry, but I think Ben and Lauren's realtionship wasn't all that downplayed. They were shown having time together A LOT last season. Every episode, long spurts of time, important moments.

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:57 am

Fingersandtoes wrote:Every tv show and many movies get their own insane part of fandom who cannot separate reel and real life. They're nasty trolls who get their kicks from living vigariously through their idols, and when the idol makes choices they don't agree with, they unravel and become really vicious and cruel. Part of Twilight fandom still wishes for Pattison/Steward reunion, and hate on their real life partners. CW shows have horrid fans who harass the lead's wife, because they want the lead with his costar. The fifty shades fandom hates on the lead's wife too. It's happening in sports too. In every part of entertainment really.

It's really interesting, that all these fandoms target the looks of the person they hate. Like they call Lauren ugly. So what if she's ugly? Ugly people don't deserve love? Is beauty the quality needed on order to be adored?

I'm rambling on, sorry, this is just a baffling part of humanity for me, the fandom hate.
I think a lot of it has to do with physical beauty being the only thing we see when we look at a person. The mental and emotional beauty comes with time: conversation.

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:27 am

Fingersandtoes wrote:Every tv show and many movies get their own insane part of fandom who cannot separate reel and real life. They're nasty trolls who get their kicks from living vigariously through their idols, and when the idol makes choices they don't agree with, they unravel and become really vicious and cruel. Part of Twilight fandom still wishes for Pattison/Steward reunion, and hate on their real life partners. CW shows have horrid fans who harass the lead's wife, because they want the lead with his costar. The fifty shades fandom hates on the lead's wife too. It's happening in sports too. In every part of entertainment really.

Okay now I know these folks are just jealous. She may not be everyone's personal taste, but ugly? Actually ugly? Even by show standards Lauren is definitely in the above average range. In real life she'd be considered a goddess with her tall, thin, modelesque looks, at least in my parts.

All JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:35 am

bluwavz wrote:

Okay now I know these folks are just jealous. She may not be everyone's personal taste, but ugly? Actually ugly? Even by show standards Lauren is definitely in the above average range. In real life she'd be considered a goddess with her tall, thin, modelesque looks, at least in my parts.

All JMO.
Few people call her ugly. It's that she's too skinny, her features aren't all that flattering, someone's prettier then her, she looks bad in a picture. But the majority don't think she's ugly. This is all from what I've seen.

Jmo.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Junequilts Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:54 am

*EDIT* It scares me that there might be one weird person out there that would do something like what happened to the Voice star.  One just never knows.
Junequilts
Junequilts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom