SELECT CONTENT

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Page 8 of 67 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:50 am

DK - let us know if you need help! We'd love to see your boys. You can also take a pic with your phone if you have one, email it to yourself, save it, then click host and image in this reply box. Search for the pic, click host it, it will give you the url to post an image, copy it, and click insert an image in this reply box.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:53 am

My daughter is getting ready for winter. Items she bought for my grandson, but decided to let Lester model. He is quite dashing! I should sign him up for model mayhem!
Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 8 Ry%3D400

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:55 am

DW--I always back up my photos so I won't lose them. Then I also utilize photobucket and shutterfly. SO easy to do. PM me if you need help. Using a smartphone like GA said is great!

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:57 am

So cute!!

My two are used to getting dressed for winter. Takes me longer to dress them then myself during the winter. ughg...Sometimes after grooming I put sweaters on them. All I have to say is, "who wants a sweater", they both come running. I have a wicker basket full of tshirts and sweaters for them. no no

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:00 am

I use photobucket too. It's great to store everything somewhere else where you know you won't loose them.

Speaking of winter, which I despise.

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 8 Pelham10
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:02 am

I just love this thread! How upbeat and snuggly, warm, fuzzy feelings!

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:06 am

Me too. My problem is I can't stop when it comes to my babies laugh out loud

It's cute you call Lester your grandson. My mother calls Louie and Sophie her grandkids too and she is Nonna to them. Smiley

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:42 am

I do call Lester my grandson--but in the photo above he was actually modeling my real 6 month old grandson, Josh's winter attire! I am Grammy to both. cantstopl

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:47 am

Oh!!! cantstopl cantstopl

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:50 am

Thanks to lipsis for finding this article, and sweetfreedom for posting it. From the Sean Cat Fan Forum.

sweetfreedom wrote:Very cute new Glamour article!  :Bendog

The Doggy Equivalent of a Pumpkin Spice Latte? Pumpkin Pooch Bones
By Catherine Lowe

Pumpkins may not have bones, but they do make some delicious bone-shaped dog delights. Dogs might have the most sophisticated palates (they do sniff butts, after all), but I’m pretty sure they dig these treats. Get it? Dig? ;)

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 8 Pumpkin-pooch-bones-square-w352

Pumpkin is also a miracle food for dogs. It’s loaded with fiber so it’s good for their tummies. But let’s get one thing straight—our girls are not basic bitches. No one wants to be a basic bitch. These bones are also festive, yay! So bake them up and your house won’t need to solely rely on that scented candle to get into the fall mood. Plus, everyone knows dogs love peanut butter. And we love to watch them love peanut butter. This is really a selfish ploy to laugh at them while their tongues get a workout on their own snouts.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Frosting: 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce and 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese

Note: Since my girls are large—not fat—they require bigger treats. Again, NOT FAT. I used a 5-inch bone cookie cutter from Sur La Table and this recipe yielded 10 bones. Smaller cookie cutter = more bones. Math, my friends.

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix together flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl (I did it with my hands after a little spoon action). Add a little water as you whisk to make the dough workable, but don’t make the mixture too moist. The dough should be on the dry and stiff side. Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick roll on a lightly floured board. Use cookie cutters to make bone shapes.

Place bones on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until hard. After you take them out of the oven, let them sit for at least 30 minutes to harden further. Meanwhile, make the frosting.

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 8 Pumpkin-bone-ellie-square-w352

Ellie and Lola have a sweet tooth (just like their daddy!), so I added frosting so they’d be doubly happy with their treats. The measurements listed above, 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce mixed with 8 ounces of low-fat cream cheese, will do the trick. I whipped up those ingredients pretty well and funneled the mixture into a squeeze bottle to make decorating a breeze. The icing will be enough for at least seven batches of treats, so you can feed all the neighborhood pooches and get some practice for when sugar-cookie-decorating season commences. Write their names with the icing, draw dirty shapes—it doesn't matter, they won’t know the difference.

After you apply the frosting, let that harden unless you want that peanut butter-esque viewing satisfaction. And I know we enjoy a binge-eating scenario in our own lives, but keep the gluttony to a minimum with your pups. Too much fiber is not a good thing for either species.

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 8 Catherine-sean-dogs-square-w352

If dogs could talk, they’d say that these treats are woof-derful. But then again, they eat poop. It is what it is, people. We are half making these for our own pleasure, amirite?
http://www.glamour.com/home/blogs/toast/2014/09/pumpkin-dog-bones?mbid=twitter_glamourdotcom
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Love all the Doggie discussion but it's time for some catty talk. Well not cat yet but kitten. A little black and white 4 lb ball of long silky fur has wormed her way into my life. Just when I said no more pets ever at my age well.....
There she was under the wheels of a car abandoned and shivering and that promise to myself went out of the window.
So Sadie has come home to a pink kitten bed which she loves when shes not running over me and sleeping in my big girl bed. A bunch of good kitten toys and some old empty boxes. lots of healthy kitten food and one besotted admirer, ME.
Lucky me and lucky Sadie. Will try to get the techy Grandson to post a picture. She's soooooo cute.
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13954

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:19 pm

smartcat wrote:Love all the Doggie discussion but it's time for some catty talk. Well not cat yet but kitten. A little black and white 4 lb ball of long silky fur has wormed her way into my life. Just when I said no more pets ever at my age well.....
There she was under the wheels of a car abandoned and shivering and that promise to myself went out of the window.
So Sadie has come home to a pink kitten bed which she loves when shes not running over me and sleeping in my big girl bed. A bunch of good kitten toys and some old empty boxes. lots of healthy kitten food and one besotted admirer, ME.
Lucky me and lucky Sadie. Will try to get the techy Grandson to post a picture. She's soooooo cute.

Congrats on your new addition smartcat! Nothing like a little purring fuzz ball. Mine likes to sit across my lap while I'm on the laptop and have her head scratched...as she has her butt on top of the dog's head while he is sleeping beside me and swishes her tail in his face.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 67 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

+43
alwaystulips
pavalygurl
Kels0012
Ladybug82
Scooby