SELECT CONTENT

Ashley and J.P - General Media Discussion - Thread #2

Page 2 of 52 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ashley and J.P - General Media Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ashley and J.P - General Media Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Shelby Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:46 pm

sjcaligurl wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
sjcaligurl wrote:
Shelby wrote:I went to do my grocery today and of course I had to stop and read the IN TOUCH article

2 cutes pics of them by the way Smiley

It was said that Ben right after the rejection, stopped and cried and needed a lot of comfort because he was 100% sure.

I am sad for him no matter if he should have been more cautious. I understand that he dropped his walls way to much and the producers took advantage of it. I really hope that he will refuse to be the next bachelor. I hope he will see clarity that it is not good. It is obvious that he is still hurt and a couple of month to rebound and find a fiance? sorry but NO WAY. This guy took 4 years to open up after the death of his father and it would take a couple of months to recover and propose?

Right now the producers are trying to push the fans to vote and bet him to do it with the hope that the pressure will be enough to accept. I hope not. He deserves better that to become another puppet.

This said. The article did not say much that we already know. It was mentioned that ashley will not become jewish but it was said that they will enjoy their engagement, get married in about a year and start a family after... a very normal way to things to happen.

I still feel bad for Ben. Even if he hadn't proposed, I agree with CH that he has still picked a ring and had still planned to because he was 100% sure. Looking back, I see why he thought he was even though I wish he'd been a bit more worried. JP doesn't seem to have a lot of sympathy for him either and it's not quite as simple as both of them knowing that one of them was going to be heartbroken ... not any more simple than JP being able to handle Ashley dating/kissing the other guys once he'd totally fallen for her. I'd like to see a little more compassion from him for Ben (unless there is something we missed about Ben's reaction) as it is a hard process. Feelings are involved and they do get hurt. As fake as the show can be in parts, the feelings are real - at least in the moment and for some time to come. I didn't feel a lot of anger coming from Ben at the ATRF but I sensed that he was still hurt and that he still had some feelings for Ashley. Fairy Tales definitely aren't simple - especially when there is more than one prince.

JP has said several times in interviews that if Ben felt for Ashley even a fraction of what he (JP) did, then he must have been devastated and he feels badly for him. I just think that JP has to be careful with what he says -- how much sympathy does he show towards Ben without making it seem like he blames Ashley for Ben's pain? That must be very tricky for him. 🇳🇴

Well, hopefully, over the next few months, they can become friends of sorts. I know it's too soon right now. Jason has been able to maintain a friendship w/ both Jesse and DeAnna since the show and hopefully the Ben, JP and Ashley can form something similar.

not so sure about deanna... jesse yes but not deanna IMO

I think it will not be possible to keep a friendship. Friendship means contacts either phone or physical. Ashley is not stupid 1/ she will not jeopardize her relationship with JP 2/ she will respect ben when he said that friendship will not be possible

It will always be kidn of bittersweet.

One daily click generates .6 bowls of food at The Animal Rescue Site

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Ashley and J.P - General Media Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ashley and J.P - General Media Discussion - Thread #2

Post by chaslom4 Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:46 pm

JP and Ben are following each other on twitter. I think the contestants get over things a lot quicker than we do.
chaslom4
chaslom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosepetal Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:49 pm

bluwavz wrote:
Rosepetal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:
Titou wrote:I went to do my grocery today and of course I had to stop and read the IN TOUCH article

It was said that Ben right after the rejection, stopped and cried and needed a lot of comfort because he was 100% sure.

That breaks my heart. :tissuebox

The People's article stated the same thing.

So it's most likely true then? That makes me sad. :Frown:

It is really sad, here is the exact quote from People's:
Says one show source: " Ben was in the corner crying; he had to be consoled. He was weeping. He had been so sure he was the one."
Rosepetal
Rosepetal

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Rosepetal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:
Rosepetal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:
Titou wrote:I went to do my grocery today and of course I had to stop and read the IN TOUCH article

Says one show source: " Ben was in the corner crying; he had to be consoled. He was weeping. He had been so sure he was the one."

thanks for the exact words. I read it in the store so forgot them.

yes it sucks. I hope he will find the perfect girl soon Smiley

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:55 pm

Rosepetal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:
Rosepetal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:

Thank you, Rosepetal. :tissuebox
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19233

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:00 pm

bluwavz wrote:
Rosepetal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:
Rosepetal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:

hugs to you my friend. This happened 3 months ago so he should be better now among his family, friend and job. I am sure he will not lack of girlfriends possibilities AND in time he will find the right one for him. He seems a very good smart guy Smiley

Shelby

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:01 pm

In doing the "post mortem", as I can't ever stop myself from doing, it really seems like the reason things went so tragically wrong for Ben can be attributed to somewhat of a "perfect storm" of situations and events playing out concurrently. I do believe the producers encouraged him to think he was F1, and his better MTP (which I suspect he was informed of by the producers as well) gave him additional false hope. Ashley's last ditch (and ultimately futile, I suspect) effort to "find the passion" with him on LCD (due in part to her sister putting doubts in her head about JP) he mistook for her trying to tell him she loved him "the only way she could" at that moment. And overall, Ben's and Ash's different attitudes about desired levels of physicality probably accounted for him being unaware that the "passion" was even lacking in the relationship for her. He most probably thought they were on the same page in that area, all the while, perhaps she thought that he couldn't really be that crazy about her since he never even tried to be "all over her" physically (which we know the girl wants in her man). So total lack of communication there. Maybe as a result of that, Ashley really didn't even expect him to propose, and that's why she fumbled the whole thing so badly when he did.

All in all, a big mess for her and Ben, but a windfall for Fleiss. no no

Last edited by ironcat on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Shelby wrote:
bluwavz wrote:
Rosepetal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:
Rosepetal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:

hugs to you my friend. This happened 3 months ago so he should be better now among his family, friend and job. I am sure he will not lack of girlfriends possibilities AND in time he will find the right one for him. He seems a very good smart guy Smiley

Thank you for the hugs, Shelby. You're right. group hug
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19233

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Rosepetal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:
Rosepetal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this avi. On the magazine I just wanted to eat them alive! the complicity they have blow my mind.

Shelby aka Titou

Shelby

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:07 pm

bluwavz wrote:
Shelby wrote:
bluwavz wrote:
Rosepetal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:
Rosepetal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:

Thank you for the hugs, Shelby. You're right. group hug

But you know what? he learned a lesson. I know this is not the kind of lesson that we wish at all but we all learn by our mistakes. I am sure he is more bitter with the producers rather than ashley even if he was most probably angry. I saw his reaction at the finale when she started to speak and he interrupted her. He had this jump and he shakes his head. I think he was upset to see him not waiting what she had to say first. It is sad tho because this can make a person very jaded for a long time. Hopefully a very nice girl will prove him otherwise

Shelby

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmommy50810 Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:09 pm

Rosepetal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:
Rosepetal wrote:
bluwavz wrote:

Hmm..and who consoled him? The same people who told him he WAS the one?? I so hate how this show manipulates people. no

proudmommy50810

Female Posts : 511

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:23 pm

Has there always been this obsession with the F2? I love Ben and feel bad for the guy but I think it's super tacky and tasteless that they keep bringing him up in interviews with Ash and JP. I'm sure Ben would like people to stop talking about it publicly as well. He is a grown man who will move on just like everyone else who has had their heart broken before.

ETA by obsession I mean by the media. Not you guys! I love the devotion and discussion here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 52 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ashley and J.P - General Media Discussion - Thread #2

+58
Lucas15
Peppermom
emeraldluvsbama
DMBFan
allykat