SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - F1- F6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 52 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - F1- F6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - F1- F6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:20 pm

brownravens wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Regarding betting: Alex had the lowest odds and she wasn't liked by the general public so I don't see how having low odds is because of being a favorite with the general public. I think people knew with Alex and bet accordingly, especially since she wasn't liked by the public. It won't surprise me if the same thing is happening with Georgia's season.

IMO I don't think that getting backed by the punters and being well-liked on SM necessarily correlate..

IA. That's what my post was about - that IMO there is no correlation between being a favorite and having low odds and to which my post was replying (to RR's post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) that just because Lee is well-liked doesn't mean that's the reason his odds are low since Alex was least liked but had the lowest odds.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - F1- F6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - F1- F6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by brownravens Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:30 pm

^ Lol sorry I think I agreed with you!
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:33 pm

laugh out loud it's all good yes

It will be interesting to see whether the betting ends up having the F1 with the lowest odds by FRC time like they did with Alex/F1. Will be something to keep an eye on for future seasons.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:43 pm

^ I found this and took a screenshot of DM article about the F2 odds between Alex and Nikki by the time of the FRC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:55 pm

Great to have that for comparison yes

Alex had the lowest odds since the beginning of Richie's season and then Nikki had the lowest odds towards the end of his season so it will be interesting to see if a similar trend takes place since Lee has had the lowest odds since the beginning of Georgia's season...
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:00 pm

One thing I thought about early favourites and stuff is besides paparazzi the other factor is promotion by Channel 10 through TV and SM. Lee and Cameron were very heavily favoured in those stakes too just FYI. This is similar to Alex was...
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:14 pm

brownravens wrote:One thing I thought about early favourites and stuff is besides paparazzi the other factor is promotion by Channel 10 through TV and SM. Lee and Cameron were very heavily favoured in those stakes too just FYI. This is similar to Alex was...

Good point! It also ties into the officials SM accounts where they post a pic of the F1 before the season starts. It's why I posted before the show premiered that I if the show keeps with its trend of posting a pic of the F1 before the season starts that one of the contestants who had a pic posted before the season would be F1. Alex had a pic posted but Nikki didn't. This season, only Lee from the F4 has a pic posted of him before the season started. If Lee is F1 then that pattern will hold for F1.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by romance realist Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:32 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
brownravens wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Regarding betting: Alex had the lowest odds and she wasn't liked by the general public so I don't see how having low odds is because of being a favorite with the general public. I think people knew with Alex and bet accordingly, especially since she wasn't liked by the public. It won't surprise me if the same thing is happening with Georgia's season.

IMO I don't think that getting backed by the punters and being well-liked on SM necessarily correlate..

IA. That's what my post was about - that IMO there is no correlation between being a favorite and having low odds and to which my post was replying (to RR's post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) that just because Lee is well-liked doesn't mean that's the reason his odds are low since Alex was least liked but had the lowest odds.

Confusion probably because of my use of 'liked'.
Apologies, I meant 'like' him, or have him as a 'favourite' to win.

romance realist

Female Posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:04 am

Just random thoughts - you know how DM published an article about Jake and GL's off-camera kiss... Why didn't they publish something similar for Matty? They've obviously seen the same BTS as we have and they published 2 articles during filming about that date but they made a big hoopla about Jake and even included a "spoiler alert" about that Jake piece.
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:35 pm

solaroo wrote:
romance realist wrote:
Fifty wrote:articles that have come out today, they are calling Matty J the next Nikki.  People are already panicking that he is going to be heartbroken.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] these articles really underline what many here have been thinking and posting.
Last time I looked the Bachelor Facebook photo post of M&G dancing had the most likes of any post by a mile, as well as the pro-Matty, boo to heartbreak that these articles refer to. The sentiment is based on real viewer opinion.
It would completely confound me if Bach production chose to mindlessly follow a (redundant IMO) F1-F2 formula where the love story is built up and then destroyed and risk completely trashing what is left of their viewer base.
I know Lee also has many, many followers who would be really pleased to see him at F1, but a resurrection of this story has to be at the expense of the one already sold to us with Matty and I really don't see any gain in doing this.
G kissing M under the Bell of Happiness is an elevation of the romance between these 2 at the finale.
Richie's terrible flying fish Bali date for Nikki could not have been less romantic, signalling a pull back from any intimacy or thought for what she may enjoy. I wished she had channelled a bit of Olena and said "I'm not strapping myself to that thing for anyone!"
Back to Matty as heartbroken F2, I just don't see this happening.
I think those producers, etc want a job next week. IMO if Matty is F1 they have had fun with it and done a great job, if they return to the same old, same old, they have not.
I really do think Lee supporters will get the significant Bachelor 2017 prize.
All IMO at this time.

This might be a post for general discussion, but I'll leave it here for the moment since it replies to the post above.

I agree with what you say and while I recognise there is clearly a formulaic approach to this show, I also wonder if Australian audiences are potentially as tolerant as US audiences?  I think there's a real possibility of inducing significant viewer fatigue if every series they continually set up a situation where audiences are primed for one particular love story, only to undermine it at the end and deliver an alternative love story that audiences were not expecting.  There is already evidence in the public domain of this intolerance given how Richie's season panned out and IMO I just don't see Australian audiences putting up with it for very long before ratings dive and the series isn't renewed.  And yes, I'm not sure what there is to gain by doing it over and over again.  JMO.
brownravens wrote:^ I honestly get a really different vibe from US and AU versions (I follow both but i'm an aussie). The US one is more about drama and high stakes and getting a proposal. Whereas I feel the AU one is way more chillaxed and is about light entertainment and a watercooler topic.

That said with Nikki vs Alex's edit TPTB seem to really misinterpret the way audiences would feel at the end and ratings have already suffered.

So far Matty has been shown as the underdog and Australians love to back underdogs, so again it would be a slightly weird move for them to drive this story so hard at the expense of relationship building with Lee throughout the middle of this season for him to lose.

IMO one of the weirdest thing I found was that we saw the "getting to know Matty J" game but we didn't see the relevance of one single cocktail that Lee made. If he wins I want to know why they connected in an on-going way. That was a major error of the Alex storyline.
Fifty wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I agree with you there.  It is a very fine line they are treading on at the moment and can swing either way.  The ratings are so dismal this season it has become an inside joke.  Generally speaking the Bach couple fuels the viewers for the Bachelorette.  This hasn't happened at all this season.  Just to give you an indication.  Papped photos of Snez and Sam together after the finale were being sold in the thousands and as were Sam and Sasha respectively. Magazines wanted them because readers wanted to see the happy couples together.  Papps apparently can't even sell their pics of Alex and Richie for $20.00. If i find the article Ill post it.  The other thing to note is that DM was the first one to publish that Matty may be the next Nikki.  IMO DM is fed what to print in relation to the bachelor/ bachelorette after Sasha and Sams leaked pics. So they are definitely either trying to soften the blow so to speak or to surprise viewers naturally without editing in the end which will avoid backlash and create more sponsorships for the franchise.

I also think it is important to note that the age has been lifted for the next Bach and that production has been bumped up to Feb which would fit in with Lee.  They can continue the momentum if they start advertising him as the next bach around January.  A definite win win.  I think he will actually be a phenomenal bach if he isn't F1 IMO.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:02 pm

LovingLove wrote:
Fifty wrote:
LovingLove wrote:It's getting so hard to pick F1... every time I think it's Matty, something else turns up that leads to Lee.

The only two things going against Matty for me right now is if he's been liking naked girl pics on Insta, although I'm not entirely convinced of this being an issue as a) I've seen no proof of it, and b)  he doesn't seem to like ANYTHING on Insta (including family pics and pics posted by his mates), so I have trouble believing he's sitting around liking naked girl pics... unless it's to throw people off or as a joke or some other reason?! AND the other thing against him being F1 is the fact that GL has said she's worried people won't like her decision. If she's done a Richie and taken Matty to F2 who she knows is smitten with her only to dump him, she should be worried.

Everything else points to Matty as F1 in my mind. She continually goes on in IVs about the slow burn (which we know from other IVs is Matty), even before the show started which she didn't have to do at that point because we didn't know anything yet, which you wouldn't think she'd continually bring up if her F1 was not a slow burn. Her initial concern was potentially no spark - but they now have a very romantic spark. Her next concern was that maybe they can't be serious together - they've already started being more serious, and no doubt this will continue this week as discussions turn to life after the show. She has said she's loved watching her relationship 'progress' - which screams Matty! And she's said she loves hearing what he says about her when she's not there - Matty talks about his feelings for her more than anyone else.

Whereas with Lee as F1/F2 I would think it's a bad sign if she didn't pick him after the dancing group date, as she would have known which one he was and she chose Cam (who she clearly doesn't have romantic feelings for as he goes home next). I know Sam would have chosen Sasha for sure at every opportunity! Even if she didn't know which one was Lee, she would certainly have known which one Cam was by height and build, so why pick him?? Also, her concern with him is his age - which is a tricky one to try to fix   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm 100% with you. There are a lot of things pointing to Lee and a lot of things for me pointing to Matty.  Just a question, are you following him on Insta as he doesn't seem to be taking requests for follow also the thing that keeps coming back for me is he has gone completely underground.  I haven't even seen anyone tagging him in pics.  Lee has been seen out and about always in Melbourne. And yes they could be seeing each other in Melbourne, however Georgia has been doing a lot of press in Sydney as well particularly on Wednesdays and Thursday's.  Lee has been spotted in Melbourne out and about on Tuesday's, Wednesday's and Saturdays so hard to know when they are meeting up. It is effing odd and frustrating to not no his whereabouts. And besides someone tweeting that they saw him walking in the street in Sydney, it screams Snez.  She went awol. Wasn't spotted at all during the airing of the season but Lana went overseas when filming finished and was spotted in and around Sydney. So I will have to keep a close eye on the interaction between G &L on his 2SD and see if there is more of a connection there that we haven't seen completely. But the BTS pics don't have any sneaky kisses so they may have a kiss for the cameras. no idea
No, I've requested him but haven't been accepted. I do follow his sister, brothers and some of his friends who aren't private to see if he likes their pics (which he never does!)
Fifty wrote:
LovingLove wrote:
Fifty wrote:Odd, the only thing holding me to Lee as F1 at this stage is Stringy taking him and Georgia in a pic like she dis with Alex and Richie
I know - it's hard to know why though. Did she tag Lee because he's F1 and she thought he'd genuinely like the pic of himself with GL, or because she got along well with him and wanted to write the bit about how he scrubs up well? TWT
I don't know to be honest, but she posted pics of Matty and Georgia together but didn't tag Matty.  So that could mean he is the heartbroken F2, Lee F1. She did get caught out when she tagged Alex and Richie as a number of people commented that she must be F1.  The comments have been deleted now.   she certainly didn't do it for Sam W season so I'm not sure why she decided to do it for Ruchie and now Georgia.  They need to let go of her too for the next season  I think. But if he isn't liking any pics we don't know if he has or hasn't seen them.
nylonvagabond wrote:Well, Lee got the first picture with Georgia so wondering whether that makes a diff. But now there are three and I don't believe for one second stringy couldn't have found pics of Georgia in those dresses without Matty. So what is she playing at to have Matty in them? Is it because you can see the movement of the dress? Or what? She is playing at something but not sure what.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:12 pm

LovingLove wrote:Whereas with Lee as F1/F2 I would think it's a bad sign if she didn't pick him after the dancing group date, as she would have known which one he was and she chose Cam (who she clearly doesn't have romantic feelings for as he goes home next). I know Sam would have chosen Sasha for sure at every opportunity! Even if she didn't know which one was Lee, she would certainly have known which one Cam was by height and build, so why pick him?? Also, her concern with him is his age - which is a tricky one to try to fix

My only thought onGeorgia not picking Lee for the sqt after the dance is that she had him penned down for the next SD. She couldnt have picked him for that time and then the 2nd SD without it been too obvious.
I am actually enjoying the fact that it is too close to call because that means a job well done by the production and editing.
I still believe Lee is F1 but I would not hate Matt being F1 too

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - F1- F6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+53
siena
Mmm
Roses Are Red
floret
niqa86
Spoil Me Again
Seabear
RomComet
mercieme
Just Looking
Margie C