SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 9 - July 25th - FS - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 19 of 67 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thailand - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 9 - July 25th - FS - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 19 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 9 - July 25th - FS - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:03 pm

Yeah. There are far too many variables that go into ratings.
Age demographics for one. 
Perhaps AL will do this as a HUGE, complicated project for the near future. She does a good job on stats and graphs. 
She has compiled most of our stats etc for this season and a few past and my hat is off to her! Thank you!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

thailand - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 9 - July 25th - FS - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 19 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 9 - July 25th - FS - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:09 pm

Ash2214 wrote:
umngirl wrote:I'm too d@mn lazy, but would anyone have a quick place to see the ratings comparison from this season to past ones? I know where to find them by episode, but like I said, too lazy to do all the comparisons.

Ratings depend on so many factors so I can't give JoJo all the credit of hers are slightly higher. And yes, I think having someone on this season with a very famous sibling has only helped the cause. JMO

I did episode by episode, which is why I only went as far back as Des' season, who got horrible ratings. At one point in the middle of the season she went below the 6 million mark for total viewers at 5.9 million. Andi's season wasn't much better, but overall had better ratings than Des, however, one of Andi's episodes got the lowest in franchise history at 5.6 million total viewers.

Kaitlyn actually got solid ratings, but every episode of JoJo's has beaten Kaitlyn's except for the premiere.

It is quite easy to know she is very very popular. I just have to replay how the public reacted when CH said she was the next ette. I also have to go on live twitter and read all those tweets of fans.

I did not see the same reaction with any other ette when CH made the announcement.

JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:15 pm

HEA wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:
umngirl wrote:I'm too d@mn lazy, but would anyone have a quick place to see the ratings comparison from this season to past ones? I know where to find them by episode, but like I said, too lazy to do all the comparisons.

Ratings depend on so many factors so I can't give JoJo all the credit of hers are slightly higher. And yes, I think having someone on this season with a very famous sibling has only helped the cause. JMO

I did episode by episode, which is why I only went as far back as Des' season, who got horrible ratings. At one point in the middle of the season she went below the 6 million mark for total viewers at 5.9 million. Andi's season wasn't much better, but overall had better ratings than Des, however, one of Andi's episodes got the lowest in franchise history at 5.6 million total viewers.

Kaitlyn actually got solid ratings, but every episode of JoJo's has beaten Kaitlyn's except for the premiere.

It is quite easy to know she is very very popular. I just have to replay how the public reacted when CH said she was the next ette. I also have to go on live twitter and read all those tweets of fans.

I did not see the same reaction with any other ette when CH made the announcement.

JMO

That is all great and good and certainly possibilities...she is well liked, the Rogers name and pre show hype, etc,, but we must also keep in mind that SM is just getting bigger and bigger when it comes to this show. They are pimping it like crazy..tweeting, Instagram, snapchat, getting fans more and more involved...so tptb are getting better and better at playing the SM game. This was not nearly as prevalent in the earlier seasons...even just a few years ago.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:22 pm

Actually, the earlier seasons got much better ratings, even without the social media pimping. For example, one episode of Deanna's was well over 8 million.

Social media has been huge, and it was huge just a couple of years ago for the seasons that I mentioned in my post.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:24 pm

HEA wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:

JMO
Again, it's all relative. 
Deanna had a huge backing by Ellen. I'm sure there were other instances where things were similar.
It would be difficult for me to gage an audience response to CM when they have had a history of utilizing past audience responses to seasons they are in.  Kind of like using a canned 2006 audience response to a 2009 season which they have done.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:46 pm

DeAnna took for the team of ALL the women in the world rejected at the altar! giggling Not a good example IMO

But I think she learned her lesson when she rejected (daddy) Jason that all women fell in love with

up to the point when he was the most hated for rejecting Melissa and listen his own heart to go with Molly

this show is truly a SAGA right??? cantstopl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:47 pm

Ash2214 wrote:I struggle to see why her emotions sending Luke home can't be real for several reasons:

1. Other than Jordan, I have thought she's shown the most interest in Luke, even if it was mostly just a strong physical connection. 2. They're almost at the end of this thing and I would assume this process is incredibly draining. Why can't she just be overcome with emotion knowing she's hurting someone? 3. I think on paper, Luke is the best match for her there. Older, mature, from Texas, seems ready to settle down. Why can't she be upset knowing she let someone go who might be a great fit for her even if it's not what her heart wants? Why can't she genuinely miss someone who was nothing but kind to her?

Lastly, every single one of these leads has to perform to an extent. It's what this show is. It's nothing new, but it's interesting how some leads get praised for it (for example - Ben, who faked it with every girl there because it was obvious he wanted Lauren from the start and how sweet that supposedly was), but then some leads get dumped on for it. IMO

I'm not saying that...to a degree...her emotions aren't real. I'm sure they are. She is doesn't seem to be a total heartless b*tch. That being said, I still don't buy the whole remorse thing. I've watched her body language with Luke...and pretty much everyone else. At the start, as she was getting to know them, I could see her putting in the effort...even though, it was still all about Jordan. She might just as well have shone a spotlight on him. By about the fourth episode, I could see her starting to tune them out. Yes, she was polite. Yes, she didn't want to hurt anyone. Yes, it was hard sending them home. Nevertheless, she knew who she wanted and the rest were there for her as a means to an end, to finish the show.

I could see that she was done with Luke before his HTD. He would be talking and I could see her eyes glaze over. She would go in for the make out session, so she didn't have to talk to him or listen to him any more. Now I'm expected to buy that she is second guessing herself and having serious remorse? So much so that she is having a crying fit out on the tarmac? Please. I just can't do it. To me that kind of over reaction just comes across as fake. I made fun of Ali, Ashley, Jake, Jason, etc. JoJo is no different. They all performed to a degree and I get that they all have to...to an extent...I just wish they did a better job of it. It is particularly galling, because the ones who whine and cry and throw the biggest fits, are the ones who then go "it was always you" to their F1 at the end. Ben included.

Male or female...I snark at all of them when they do stupid stuff. Some just do more stupid stuff than others! Frankly, I think I've been pretty tame with JoJo. Compared to the wrath that Emily, Jeff, Jake and Andi got from me...this is nothing. Praying

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:54 pm

Ash2214 wrote:Actually, the earlier seasons got much better ratings, even without the social media pimping. For example, one episode of Deanna's was well over 8 million.

Social media has been huge, and it was huge just a couple of years ago for the seasons that I mentioned in my post.

I get that, but the show was fresher then. Reality tv was fresher. There were less choices for what to watch and how to watch. No Netfilx, PVR's, on demand and all the cable channels with edgier content. As SM started up, it wasn't being utilised by producers. Now it is. Even in the space of a couple of years/seasons the difference has been dramatic.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:00 pm

^ I've noticed that Twitter attraction is declining and Instagram attraction is improving.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:55 pm

natalieshabtai wrote:thailand - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 9 - July 25th - FS - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 19 13743563_1840967642802638_153710892_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI5NzI3MTE2MjEyODUzNzMyNA%3D%3D
natalieshabtai
HOMETOWNS! These 4 dudes! #thebachelorette
So, who is going home?
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by jag90210 Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:05 pm

tvseriesfinale.com is the site I use for ratings comparisons.  They have a chart comparing Jo Jo's season to Kaitlin's (sorry I can't bring it over since I don't know how) but it shows that 4 episodes Kaitlin's season beat JoJo's and 2 episodes tied in the demo.

jag90210

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:10 pm

^ From everything I looked at, and RS as well since he's stated it multiple times, in regards to total viewers, the only episode that Kaitlyn's was higher than JoJo's was the premiere.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 67 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 9 - July 25th - FS - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+73
sbolduc
cocacolacdngrams
Bet2Win
Kels0012
Di_ATL
sharonchan
Aunties_Love
albean99
bamagal
AmoreBella
Tiggerlgh