SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 37 of 79 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 58 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 37 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:59 pm

Nick is preceptive and if he say Shawn is vain, Chris alcoholic, and what he said about Josh has become true then in all aspect he was right on, he was around them and his interpetation is what he sees, and so far he say it as is, and owns it too.

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 37 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by OnePromise Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:11 am

IMO, the difference between RS and Nick, although they may share similar personality traits as previous posters have listed, is this: Nick hasn't talked in a negative way about RS in the public eye to my knowledge. RS has repeatedly attempted to slaughter Nick's reputation by exaggerating Nick's big ego and fame/attention seeking ways even though those exact traits are what allow RS to "produce" one of the biggest reality TV websites in existence... as he would brag with his big ego.

Neither man may be humble but I have a lot more respect for the way Nick lives his life.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:16 am

For me, the difference is Nick typically describes his thoughts on ones character good bad or indifferent because he's had first hand experience in dealing with it. RS still doesn't get the fool he so easily makes of himself with his self righteous opinions based on absolutely no first hand experience of dealing one on one with any of the participants he goes on and on about. NADA.NONE..ZILCH. I'm curious, does he ever finish a column with In My Opinion? EVER? I have always liked Nick. He's still the same Nick. I'm not sure what Abby thinks has changed for her to speak so highly of him and join RS at the hip. I'll just have to read between the lines, I guess.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:24 am

Its not RS's season
rofl

IMO

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:34 am

IMO My problem with RS is him trying to create a narrative or image for a person and trying to portray his opinion as the ultimate truth. Every person has good and bad qualities. That's what makes us human. If you only take the dis-appealing qualities about someone and try to hammer it into people's heads repeatedly using a public platform till they dislike the other person, you are the one who is vile IMO. RS has tried to do that with multiple people over the years - Nick, Jordan, Caila are a few that come to mind. Tearing these people down won't get him anything in the end. RS should stick to his job of spoiling the show, state his opinion like the rest of us if he must and move on. All JMO.

Back to what's important  giggling
Only one more week left!  cheerleader
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:50 am

mprssdbyu wrote:For me, the difference is Nick typically describes his thoughts on ones character good bad or indifferent because he's had first hand experience in dealing with it. RS still doesn't get the fool he so easily makes of himself with his self righteous opinions based on absolutely no first hand experience of dealing one on one with any of the participants he goes on and on about. NADA.NONE..ZILCH.  I'm curious, does he ever finish a column with In My Opinion? EVER? I have always liked Nick. He's still the same Nick. I'm not sure what Abby thinks has changed for her to speak so highly of him and join RS at the hip. I'll just have to read between the lines, I guess.

My guess/opinion/speculation is once Nick became the lead she saw an opportunity to elevate herself as a blogger/writer and knowing RS obsession with trashing Nick she gave him what he wanted to hear, whether it was completely factual, made up/exaggerated in negativity to better entice RS was of no importance as again IMO she saw a chance to get more followers/hits for herself. But yet Nick is the one with an ego?

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:25 am

Abby going to RS to get some fame using Nick's name just proved Nick correct about people using his name for their own gain and and similar to Nick being correct about his assessment on Josh, IMO. Nick may have a big ego and be an azzhole (his own words) at times but he's pretty much spot on with his observations and assessments, IMO. When it comes to Abby, her ego and azzholeness outdoes Nick's, IMO, and is super desperate to use Nick's name to try get some fame that RS is her go-to (talk about a bottom feeder that's what she is). JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:45 am

Nick owns who he is. That's one thing I love about him. As far as RS, it is what it is with those podcasts and always will be. I'm just so thankful Nick is in charge of his journey and it begins in less than a week!!!

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:42 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Abby going to RS to get some fame using Nick's name just proved Nick correct about people using his name for their own gain and and similar to Nick being correct about his assessment on Josh, IMO. Nick may have a big ego and be an azzhole (his own words) at times but he's pretty much spot on with his observations and assessments, IMO. When it comes to Abby, her ego and azzholeness outdoes Nick's, IMO, and is super desperate to use Nick's name to try get some fame that RS is her go-to (talk about a bottom feeder that's what she is). JMO

The irony of it all is probably completely lost on her.

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:30 pm

nothatgirl wrote:He's 41, so only 5 years older than nick. Trust me, I'm not an RS fan either and agree that he's arrogant and curmudgeonly, but I've just never gotten the criticism that because he's single, he's pathetic, jealous, and his advice is awful. Can't you say the same about nick? That the reason he called Shawn vain and chris an alcoholic was because he was jealous of them? And, that his advice about relationships and love is stupid since he was very recently single at 36? Nick and RS just seem so similar to me, in that they're both catty and arrogant and curmudgeonly that it's hard for me to understand criticism of one and not the other. IMO.

I have never seen Nick as catty and definitely not a curmudgeon. He's definitely snarky at times but again, for all the really hateful things that have been said about Nick and thrown at him, I've found him to be very even tempered and often fair in his assessments of people. Obviously I cannot speak to what he may say in private to other people but when I've seen him talk about most of the people in the Bachelor world publicly, I've found his comments pretty even and fair. For all the hate he got from some for his comments about Josh on the plane - um, can we really saw now, knowing all we do about Josh that that was unfair?

Yeah maybe he called Shawn vain to someone in private but he's defended Shawn against how he came across in the edit by saying that Shawn was just really in love with Kaitlyn and yeah kind of lost his mind because of the environment of the show and being so in love with her. Regarding Andi's book, he's never flat out denied any events she discussed but just said she does have a tendency to omit things that make her look bad. Does that really sound unreasonable about the Andi we've seen? And the stuff about Chris, well to be fair, isn't Chris the one who had multiple drunk driving arrests and getting into bar fights? Yes those were years ago but it certainly doesn't help in making it seem impossible that he possibly could drink too much. I don't know, I've never spent time with Chris but Nick sure has.

But that aside, my issue with RS (and I've said this many times) and why I definitely don't think he and Nick are the same, is the level of disdain and condescension he has regarding the franchise and everyone involved. It's the way he acts like he's so much better than all of it and all of them and it's like "no dude, you're not". Not when he makes a living off of said franchise. It doesn't matter that he's just spoiling and posting about it, it's still what keeps his bread buttered. Because the fact of the matter is if this franchise ended tomorrow, what would RS have - *gasp* he might have to get a job that doesn't include trying to be clever behind his computer screen. Because the reality is, that franchise is the only reason his blog is successful.

Because it sure as hell isn't for his great writing because RS is actually a terrible writer. I know he thinks he's so funny and brilliant but he's not. His writing is amateurish and average and no one is coming to his blog for any of the other shows he references. People don't look to RS for information about The Voice or Survivor. So basically he needs that franchise as much as the famewhores who come on it that he loves to turn his nose down on. And that's my issue with him. He can crow all he wants that it is a job but it's a fact that he was writing those recaps and blogging about the show for years before he saw any real income from it. And I'm sorry, you do not dedicate that much time and energy to something you think is so stupid and beneath you. So I can't speak for anyone else but that's my issue with RS and why I will never give his site hits.

It's the condescension, the arrogance, the disdain - ain't nobody got time to read and put up with that mess all the time. If RS was just spoiling the show and saying, "believe if you want or not" and that was that, I'd have no issues with him. But he can never do that. RS commenting on anyone being arrogant is laughable for a man who kisses his own butt so much over every single spoiler post he makes, it's amazing his lips haven't become permanently attached there. And I agree with the post above about his need later to paint contestants in this awful light. I'm sure some or maybe many of these people are jerks or whatever. But at some point, RS stopped being about just spoiling what was on the show and instead making it his mission to malign a bunch of these people's character. And when he really hates someone, man he's like a dog with a bone.

Last edited by lleyki on Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:08 pm

Okay just listened to the podcast and what REALLY interested me was the fact that Nick told Abby he was going to "Play puppeteer" and "select the women who are on my season ".....  isn't this unprecedented if true?  Like when Nick says "she's a keeper" after M&G about Vanessa in episode 1 (according to RS spoilers)... just how much information did he have in advance?  

As a side note, I so wouldn't be surprised if Nick''s hosting classes were in preparation for taking over from CH someday... some thought Sean had that chance with his stint on AP but IMO he didn't shine, way too much lounging back in his chair...time will tell!

Last edited by BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure on Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:13 pm

@lleyki :claphands bowdown :alltens: Good Post
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 79 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 58 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+98
shaughnessyb
luvstx
northernviewer
George1218
Emilia23_12