SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 3 of 71 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37 ... 71  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bacheloralumni - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by jojo47 Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:12 pm

bluwavz wrote:I will say that Sharleen's blog is the one thing that does make me think Mike could be the F1 since she's been so relentless about him in her rankings and I feel she could know something.

For now I'm sticking with Kevin W as her F1 though I think it's possible his jealousy got to be to much for Jasmine. I'll admit his edit isn't the best and the preview for the next episode doesn't look good but right now I don't think his edit is the worst either and not enough to completely turn him off her.

All JMO.

blu, I agree with what you're saying above. I think KW's edit is one dimensional right now & it's all about jealousy. It's overshadowing all of the chemistry they showed from their first date. If she doesn't release him after Marrakech or very latest HTD's, I think that his jealousy will be more an issue for viewers than for her.

Add to this that after Marrkech, KW will not see Jasmine interact with other guys, except at RC's. I think that if the connection remains strong with KW and the jealousy isn't actually an issue with Jasmine or they work thru it, we'll see the romance really take off between these two.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

bacheloralumni - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Sprite Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:16 pm

I think Jasmine has been pretty good about staying open to different relationships. For me, it is clear that the top three are Mike, Mikhel and Kevin W. She has had some in depth discussions with each one and she has chemistry with each of them. All three have received positive edits.

I guess the difference I notice is that while Kevin has been dubbed as Captain Canada and his edit has been generally positive, it has also had a hint of negativity. Clearly, it is nothing very serious, but the jealousy and the fact that he is shown hanging out and laughing so much with resident, edited villain, Drew...when Drew is being negative...that gives me pause. This is a first season of the Canadian Bette and I wouldn't think that the F1 would get even a hint of negativity.

Mike and Mikhel have both been shown as strong contenders for Jasmine's heart. While Mike and Jasmine's relationship seems to have a bit of a slow burn...despite an initially strong connection, the relationship with Mikhel seems to have gotten more attention. Their chemistry is always highlighted, while the one with Mike is downplayed...despite the fact that it is clearly very strong. This leads me to think that Mike is more the hidden F1 and Mikhel will be the beloved dumpee and possible Canadian Bachelor [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:19 pm

IA [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. You said it well.

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:24 pm

Doesn't Kevin W call Drew a jerk here or is my lip reading totally off:

at 3:21
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:44 pm

iamreal2u wrote:Doesn't Kevin W call Drew a jerk here or is my lip reading totally off:

at 3:21

It is hard to tell because of that lip thing that he does, but to me, it doesn't look like that is what he says.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:39 pm

bluwavz wrote:Okay I've caught up on this season and I'll share my thoughts on her remaining men.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Am I the only one who's not bothered by Kevin W and still thinks he is the F1? The jealousy storyline reminds me a lot of Shawn on Kaitlyn's season and I don't think there would be so much focus on that if he wasn't her F1 but in fairness this is my first Canadian season so I'm not sure how similar it is to the American version. I don't know, I just think she's been the most vulnerable with him.

I know you all are hot for Mikhel and I am too because who isn't and I won't be disappointed if she picks him but I don't know about him being the F1. They have a lot of physical chemistry for sure because again who wouldn't with him but I'm not sure I see an emotional connection. I see him more as the next Bachelor.

Mike as nice of a guy he seems to be I just don't really see it there. The female leads are usually physical very early on with their F1 and there was barely a physical connection between them by episode 4. Not good. I think he's very much in the friendzone and she's not sexually attracted to him like she is with Kevin W and Mikhel.

Kevin P was someone I thought early on would make the F3 and I did see it between them at one point but I think Mike overtook him these past two episodes. I think he's probably too honest for this show.

Drew whatever. He was just kept on to be the villain and now that Chris is gone he'll be on his way out.

I'm shocked that Benoit most likely gets a HTD over Thomas. Does she honestly want him to go at her face like that again? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'll take the manbun any day. cheeky

All JMO.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] good post.

I'm enjoying this show. Can't recall ever liking 4 guys for a lead but I do. Kevin P, Kevin W, Mikhel and Mike have a connection with Jasmine that's different but I need to rewatch episodes 3, 4,5 because Jasmine has been highlighting certain details that might show where her heart leads and who she has her eyes on.
She has been talking in VO etc how she notices Kevin W feelings about the process so I want to hear again how it comes across

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:44 pm

Sprite wrote:I think Jasmine has been pretty good about staying open to different relationships. For me, it is clear that the top three are Mike, Mikhel and Kevin W. She has had some in depth discussions with each one and she has chemistry with each of them. All three have received positive edits.

I guess the difference I notice is that while Kevin has been dubbed as Captain Canada and his edit has been generally positive, it has also had a hint of negativity. Clearly, it is nothing very serious, but the jealousy and the fact that he is shown hanging out and laughing so much with resident, edited villain, Drew...when Drew is being negative...that gives me pause. This is a first season of the Canadian Bette and I wouldn't think that the F1 would get even a hint of negativity.

Mike and Mikhel have both been shown as strong contenders for Jasmine's heart. While Mike and Jasmine's relationship seems to have a bit of a slow burn...despite an initially strong connection, the relationship with Mikhel seems to have gotten more attention. Their chemistry is always highlighted, while the one with Mike is downplayed...despite the fact that it is clearly very strong. This leads me to think that Mike is more the hidden F1 and Mikhel will be the beloved dumpee and possible Canadian Bachelor [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I agree with almost all that you have said here except for the bolded.  In the 2 Canadian Bachelor shows the F1's were shown as having jealous moments. Now things could change for this season, who knows, maybe they will start something new. no idea  Hugesmile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by siena Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:11 pm

Sprite wrote:*snipped*

I agree Yes [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], this is also very much part of why I lean towards Mike being F1 and Mikhel being the next Bachelor. It's interesting to see that on the aftershow there was even a segment about Mikhel being a frontrunner, and this past week the host said that if Mikhel isn't F1 he should be the next Bachelor.

In terms of the narrative, IMO it seems more likely that Kevin W will be F2 and Mike will be F1. I think that the jealousy itself from Kevin W will likely be forgiven by Jasmine, but the way that he speaks to her may highlight some fundamental differences in how they handle situations. I think her relationship with Kevin W will progress to the point that he is F2, but IMO in the finale we may see Jasmine begin to look at what she needs from a partner and how the different men do or don't fulfil those needs. Since Jasmine's primary motivation was a long-term love that could last forever, her final choice will reflect that and IMO some of her previous statements/post show interviews will really come into play. There's other clues about everything, but as we're hoping to get more from them I won't say too much. Regardless of her choice, Jasmine herself seems to be happy with the outcome which is good to see. Smiley All JMO.

"You know what love is? It is all kindness, generosity." ~ Rumi

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:28 pm

Brill wrote:
Sprite wrote:I think Jasmine has been pretty good about staying open to different relationships. For me, it is clear that the top three are Mike, Mikhel and Kevin W. She has had some in depth discussions with each one and she has chemistry with each of them. All three have received positive edits.

I agree with almost all that you have said here except for the bolded.  In the 2 Canadian Bachelor shows the F1's were shown as having jealous moments. Now things could change for this season, who knows, maybe they will start something new. no idea  Hugesmile

To be fair i don't think you can call that just jealousy. They were having hard time with the dating multiple persons things but it didn't come accross as jealousy per se regarding a girl in particular (at least not from what i remember).
Also, in those times, the lead is always reinsuring the F1, by spending sqt time ala April and Tim or just by explaining themselves and ask for them to hang in there.
In Jas case, we see that she can be empathetic with the guys if comes the time (KP with Seth situation) but we are not been shown that she is doing anything to help KW through the process. If anything she notices the jealousy but doesn't seem to care.
She even notices that maybe he didn't want to talk to her after her one on ones on the last epi with Drew and Benoit but she didn't pull him aside, nor gave him reinsurance rose or anything.
And we see her rolling her eyes next epi. So this "jealous" edit to me screams not F1.
And i've said this before but in CA version, I've noticed that they always leave little negative snippet on the F2 in the edit and i think it's for us to understand and agree with the F1 decision when time comes. That's what I think is happening with KW edit.

All JMO

Last edited by djogbenyuie on Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:31 pm

ITA with you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I am loving watching Jasmine and her guys. Based on what I am seeing, I think Mike is going to be her F1. I can see a longterm chemistry and connection between them. IMO they have such a strong link in RL experiences....and both are very solid people. Mikhel is a sweetheart too and very attractive but a bit too passive for Jasmine IMO. I think he will be the next Bachelor. KevinW is just okay in my eyes....he has some qualities I don't find appealing...he seems a decent person just a bit immature and "brotastic". I definitely think Jasmine has done a fabulous job being open to several relationships....she is such a wonderfully likable person.  I hope the best for her and her chosen one!! I have been so delighted to see the very real people and real interactions of the cast. So refreshing!!! High five to Canada and the Canadian Franchise. bacheloralumni - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 3 1377737533
JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:34 pm

djogbenyuie wrote:
Brill wrote:

To be fair i don't think you can call that just jealousy. They were having hard time with the dating multiple persons things but it didn't come accross as jealousy per se regarding a girl in particular (at least not from what i remember).
Also, in those times, the lead is always reinsuring the F1, by spending sqt time ala April and Tim or just by explaining themselves and ask for them to hang in there.
In Jas case, we see that she can be empathetic with the guys if comes the time (KP with Seth situation) but we are not been shown that she is doing anything to help KW through the process. If anything she notices the jealousy but doesn't seem to care.
She even notices that maybe he didn't want to talk to her after her one on ones on the last epi with Drew and Benoit but she didn't pull him aside, nor gave him reinsurance rose or anything.
And we see her rolling her eyes next epi. So this "jealous" edit to me screams not F1.
And i've said this before but in CA version, I've noticed that they always leave little negative snippet on the F2 in the edit and i think it's for us to understand and agree with the F1 decision when time comes. That's what I think is happening with KW edit.

All JMO

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] your post is spot on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:33 pm

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . You explained pretty much my thoughts on the process.

From what I remember from the other Canadian Bachelor seasons, when the girl that the lead was interested showed "jealousy" or had difficulty watching him with other women, the guys kind of went out of their way to reassure them. Not Jasmine. She seemed a little PO'd to me with Kevin's behaviour. Now, she very well could have reassured him in real life, but edit is not showing that, so if it did happen, there is a reason why tptb are choosing not to show it.

From my point of view, Kevin's jealousy is still a relatively minor issue thus far. However, when you then pair it with his seeming chumminess with the resident "villain", it just strikes me as not an F1 type edit. He is no doubt a nice guy IRL, but these little nagging negative traits they have chosen to show, are there for a reason and my bet is it's not because he is F1.

I guess we will just have to wait and see if they clean up Kevin's edit or if things turn messier for either of the other two leading contestants. I am really looking forward to seeing how things conclude!

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 71 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37 ... 71  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+37
Topazgold
northernviewer
TrishB
TheWrongReasons
charriotoffire
Alanna
Emilia23_12
dee
Joy15
nd4reality
Spoil Me Again