SELECT CONTENT

Survivor - South Pacific - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survivor - South Pacific - Discussion - Spoilers  - Page 10 Empty Re: Survivor - South Pacific - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by deedreamer Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:15 am

So there were a few interesting new scenes in last night's recap episode. Again my fave moment came from Cochrane. It was the scene at the very end where he is imitating Keith and how everything he says is a sports analogy. Last night's recap was certainly edited to make Cochrane look like even more of an outcast at Savali than what we have seen week to week. It was edited to make Ozzy look more selfish and Coach more generous of spirit (although in a calculated way) Since this was a recap week there will be no actual recap or change to the scoreboard.

Survivor - South Pacific - Discussion - Spoilers  - Page 10 TeamJemSigTag

Be aware of half truths - you may have the wrong half
If you can't impress them with intelligence you can always baffle them with bullsh*t
Will Rogers said that he never met a man he didn't like...but then he never met Mike Fleiss
deedreamer
deedreamer

Female Posts : 939

http://thetoyboxgrannies.com

Back to top Go down

Survivor - South Pacific - Discussion - Spoilers  - Page 10 Empty Re: Survivor - South Pacific - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by nutty1 Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:20 am

So who are everyone's guess for the winner?? I seriously have no clue!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by deedreamer Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:08 am

Well I really can't see it being either Rick or Edna. Sophie has been kind of in the background but at least has done some work on winning challenges and she (as shown in last night's recap) had more sense than just making a move for the sake of making a move with no strategy involved. They seem to be setting us up for a Coach vs Ozzy vs Albert scenario with Brandon as a crazy like a fox possibility but I think there is entirely too much testosterone this season so I think Sophie just might run a quiet end play around the guys and end up the victor at least that is what I am hoping. It would be kind of like saying while you guys were all playing macho and thumping your chests I just walked in and picked up the trophy. The real shocker would be if Cochrane was voted out to Redemption Island and actually beat Ozzy at the challenge...I would almost pay to see that happen LOL.

If you can't impress them with intelligence you can always baffle them with bullsh*t
Will Rogers said that he never met a man he didn't like...but then he never met Mike Fleiss
deedreamer
deedreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:12 am

Ozzy was roasted the most in that recap, probably because he defeats Darling Cochran. In contrast, The Coch was shown in full glow in that edit so that audiences will want to adopt him as a pet. Watch there be a Fan Favorite prize for one of the losers. Jeff Probst doesn't care who viewers vote for as long as it is either Cochran or Coach.

Sophie is the one most on the various messageboards think will win... if Coach doesn't. At least they are editing her as a staunch Coach follower who criticizes her "selfish brother" for going against "the family". That is a good thing since we know how much Jeff loves Coach. (It should be noted, however, that Coach has a photo of himself with BOTH Cochran and Albert on his twitter page, so there is NO conflict post show between any of these three.)

I am not sure if Whitney's comment, about not understanding how a med student is so strongly influenced by the guy who thinks he's Jesus, is supposed to be a red flag against Sophie or a red herring for her (that is, to fool viewers in to thinking she won't win when she does). Again, Jeff loves Coach. Enough said.

Remember that shot they emphasized a second time with Ozzy kicking the wall in angry defeat? Imagine Jeff Probst doing the same if this season didn't end the way HE wanted it to. Jeff is a really complicated host to figure out. Both he and Chris Harrison have huge egos, but Chris comes off as a micro-manager who covers up and fibs stuff for the public when a show doesn't go a certain way, but I can't help but think Jeff tries to FORCE things to happen his way. A running joke online that may or may not be true is that Christine gave him the finger rather than Rick (as edited for TV and insinuated by Rick himself) and that is why she was kept on Redemption until Ozzy defeated her.

Hopefully, I am just misreading Jeff's personality, but the way he talks down to fans with their questions on tout does bother me a bit. Again, I also think too many people were thrown under the bus in last night's show for my comfort... as if they didn't Follow Jeff's Directions and Jeff gave the editors meat cleavers. He is the new executive producer, you know.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:45 pm

Twitter Tales: Survivor Pre-show
November 30th

A few things I learned this week…

Keith now has his twitter up, after being booted to the jury. Oh… did you folks know that paw tattoo on Keith is in honor of his dog Clark, who recently passed away?

I am surprised that “egghead” Sophie talks like a truck driver. I’m talking major F-bombs here. She is the opposite of her “brother” Albert who talks more like Barbara Walters.

Brandon needs spellcheck. Just as he spelled Dawn as “Don” on the show, it is difficult to read his tweets at times… “U see russell I'm tired of being quite to u and when I emberrass u remember u started. It!”

Pre-show Twitters for today…

Hands down, the strangest tweet came from Ozzy to Entertainment Weeklky interviewer Dalton Ross, who speaks to each contestant after they get booted out…

@OzzyLusth
You better rest up! Be there in a few days!

The funniest exchange with a viewer who must think folks are at Ponderosa already… and still are there!

@DragonFan96:
@whitneyduncan how can u be tweeting while your at a motel near an island for survivor

@whitneyduncan (trying hard to keep a straight face)
Haha...thats a joke, right;) RT

@KeithTollefson
Hope everyone watches #survivor tonight big episode for @ozzylusth @whitneyduncan and @meehand! What will my facial expressions be tonight?

@maryann2980
do yall get to watch it after its been edited before its played on tv

@KeithTollefson
We have no idea what's going to be shown! RT

usual silly small small talk

@meehand (Dawn Meehan)
Off to teach at #byu and then I've got a dual to catch! #survivor

@sweatgarage
@BareEase (Edna Ma) You are rocking class Edna! SG’s favorite Survivor

@BareEase (Edna Ma)
@sweatgarage Still have the reunion show! Can’t be skinny fat!

Cochran is occupied with his female admirers

@SingingTara
@SurvivorCochran was in my dream last night- I didn’t know why –but then I remembered I tweeted him last night. LOL #subconscious

@SurvivorCochran
Was I charming in the dream?

@JenaiEllen
Okay your animal loving self was cute on the recap ep. Can we be friends again?

@SurvivorCochran
We really have an abusive relationship, you know that?
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:39 pm

The Bosses… during broadcast.
Just doing the most important tweets. Kinda bland responses here

@JeffProbst (88 total… yawn! I am really picking the best of the best here)

Did ya miss me?
Drinking game who said it? “I’m gonna be given the poisoned Kool Aid”
I LOVE Cochran stories… do you believ them?
I wonder if Sophie doesn’t like Cochran because he may be as smart or smarter than her?
(over Dawn scene) Pretty emotional watching people who have played so long and so hard have to go home. It’s a big let down to finally be out.
Cochran gut check. Personally I root for him but how do you guys feel?
(about the camp criticisms) Oh oh Albert gonna get it…
Cochran is pushing it – lying about bdays – and the other contestants are finding out TONIGHT as they watch along with you
(massage scene) Oh man the shot of Cochran’s body… a bit much even for me.
Bound in shadows and misery… you have to admit – coach has th greatest quotes ready at all times
I’d probably stay with my original alliance. Hard to say when you’re not there
You have to think about jury votes. How you handle Cochran could win or cost you the game
I cannot take my eyes off the screen when Brandon talks. He’s dangerous in such a compelling way
GREAT line by Cochran. He’s very fast.
Man this season is really good.
That was a damn good tribal if I say so myself… and I do.
Ah baby… there ya go. He’s gone
Next week the imploding continues. Edna fighting to stay in, Brandon edging himself out – Coach, Sophie, Albert and…
Oh yeah, Rick! All fighting to stay alive. Plus Ozzy v COCHRAN at RI. David and Goliath?

@RussellHantz (pretty filthy in the mind tonight... also sexist, homophobic, ruthless... well, there's a reason he was a "villian" and not a "hero")

@SurvivorCochran Don’t want to get taken out as 7? Get one of your Harvard friends to build you a time machine, bitch!
@SurvivorCochran Trade sperm??... you almost did that with @brandonhantz eating cupcakes!
Hmmmm I wonder who will win this!! Ozzy bitches
@JeffProbst You would have been a great manager at Applebees.
Nothing going on in Ozzy’s head besides empty dishes.
Anything is possible for Dwan… except winning Survivor.
“Put it in?”- Dawn
That’s being focused!! That’s why I voted him in the hall of fame !!!! Good job dawn.
@SurvivorCochran Hold the f***ing fish!
Albert’s social game is to do nothing?
I’m so glad Rick’s is growing his beard out so his moustache won’t be lonely.
@SurvivorCoach found one guy more clueless than him to mentor. @SurvivorCochran
@strobelightx that’s not a game it’s going to church (responding to the question of “Are you proud of your nephew’s game so far?”)
“A bush shower.” – Jeff Probst
@sophieGclarke Kicking some ASS
Screw you, Albert! At least when Rick doesn’t do anything he doesn’t do it with a mustache.
@SurvivorCoach… Shakespeare? If Survivor was about being a pompous douchebag, you would win!
@brandonhantz SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
@brandonhantz wow…
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:33 pm

After watching tonight's show, one thing is obvious... Cochran made a point on screen about Albert getting his jury vote. Two episodes back, Coach was furious that he thought Albert was getting jury votes. Sophie said she was doing just that in a cbs.com outtake, but we are clueless of Savaii opinion of her, apart from Whitney's negative one and her hostility toward Cochran.

Soooo...

If ANY of these people make final 3, the following will likely support them:

Ozzy (if he beats Cochran and makes it to F3):
Whitney
Keith
Jim
Dawn
maybe somebody else if they don't like who he is against

Sophie
Albert
Coach
Edna (if Coach is not up against her)
maybe Jim (except that he has mentioned Albert's name 3X and Sophie's only "with Albert")
longshot Dawn (a "go girl!" voter, although Sophie stopped Albert when he decided to spare her over Jim)

Coach
Edna (BOTH Albert and Coach stated on screen that Edna would vote for him. Key question: is that the truth or false assumption?)
Sophie
Albert
Rick
Cochran??? (was pretty upset at him but still MIGHT... as his little warrior)
Jim??? (called him a cult leader although he MIGHT vote for him)
(Dawn called him the "head of a snake", Whitney says he thinks he's Jesus, very much doubt an Ozzy vote and no clue with Keith)

Albert
Ozzy ("If Coach is smart, he’ll vote Albert out soon" ep #5 quote that got his beloved Elyse out but might be foreshadowing by the editors)
Cochran (not happy being voted out but can't accuse him for being dishonest)
Dawn ("seems very nice", ep #10; Albert wanted her out earlier but after saying she is the strongest woman at a tribal, the editors inserted a shot of Albert when she told Brandon "I understand"... these "little things" we Bachelor(ette) Edit Gurus take note of. Also, when she criticized the bakery feast when competing with Jim and Whitney, Albert was strategically cropped from the frame.)
Whitney ("he cares", ep #10)
Jim (compared himself and Keith to him, ep #5; went to Albert first when he was on the bubble)
Keith (if Jim or Whitney influence him)
Sophie
Coach (hasn't shown Ozzy he's smart yet)
Brandon (since Al was less critical of him than Coach and Sophie were, one stating he might put a bullet through his head if necessary, the other calling him an ex-gangsta)
Rick? (I really think he would vote for Coach instead... but if Coach doesn't make it to F3? Well... Albert says he's as brainy as a bowling ball. Rick says Albert snores, when asked to criticize by Jeff, and called him Prince Albert for being useless at camp. They are even.)

Brandon
Albert
Cochran
maybe Coach (as a man of God)

Edna
Coach
Rick
maybe Sophie?
(much depends on who she is against)

Rick
Coach
Edna
Sophie
(much depends on who he is against)

Cochran (if he beats Ozzy)
Albert (tried twice to push him up and failed... chess/checker buddy)
Brandon
Coach (if Sophie doesn't stop him)
Edna
Jeff Probst

Corrections anybody? I am just speculating here. I may have overlooked something here. All of this depends on who makes final 3, whether or not that person does something at tribal that makes the jury mad or what we see happen in upcoming episodes.

According to the SURVIVOR SUCKS forum, Coach is the pegged winner per the "edgic" thread, with Sophie the Under The Radar alternative and Ozzy the longshot. We shall see if they are right. Much depends on how fast somebody above gets booted before he starts winning a cluster of immunities.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:45 pm

When is the Survivor finale?
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:52 am

Sunday, December 18 (also a Wednesday show preceding it that week). However it may take through New Years for its lingering effects to subside. A lot of posters on Survivor Sucks, FORT and other forums may need aspirin to get over it, since I've had this funny itchy feeling all season long that a great many are being hoodwinked by the producers that Coach is going to win... or Sophie will win by default...

Um... maybe... um maybe not. No, I am not 100% certain... I could be wrong. Who was it who said nothing is 100% certain, just that he knew found "IT"? This just may be a good year for dudes who shave their heads close.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:43 am

JBF, who is your guess? Loyalities die hard.....still wishing Ozzie would win. I haven't "bonded" with any contestants from this season. I did like Dawn, but she's history.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:04 am

i am pulling for Ozzy i do like him as a competitor
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by deedreamer Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:10 am

OK folks the scoreboard and recap is up. In the preview for next week it shows Cochrane asking Ozzy if there is a chance that he can beat him in a duel and Ozzy assures Cochrance that there is always a chance but he says in a PM to the camera that there is no chance that Cochrance can beat him. This would be terrific and a major upset if it is a for shadowing of things to come. I love Ozzy but I think it would actually make the game more exciting to see Cochrane beat him at the duel.

deedreamer
deedreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Survivor - South Pacific - Discussion - Spoilers

+6
Peppermom
deedreamer
Kashathediva
GrahamGal
nutty1