SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 5 - SM - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 5 - SM - Media  - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 13 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 5 - SM - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by suzq Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:01 pm

Thanks for recapping! I am really glad that MAFS Chicago was such a success! It is great to see the couples all still together and happy! I wish that the show would have not tried to spin it and edit it so much for extra drama, though. I think there is enough to document with the couples just getting to know each other and the change of adjusting to marriage without adding more confusion and conflict to the mix.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 5 - SM - Media  - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 13 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 5 - SM - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Ali_R Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:39 am

I wonder what changed with with Season 5? Was it their selection process that contributed to the 3/3 success? (Source: bach & bachette fans' sleuthing -Thank you!!!) Season 1 had a 2/3 success rate, perhaps because participants had faith in the experts considering there was no track record of failure and the motivation (I hope) was purely to find a life partner vs 15 min of fame.

How come Seasons 2, 3 & 4 were such failures? Perhaps 2 was a fluke - just bad luck? Davina seemed truly commited, Sean, not so much, Sean didn't seem to start actually trying to make it work until Devina gave up on him... but that is a common trait, some people just aren't interested unless they have that chase. I'm going to give Jessica the benefit of the doubt (although I felt she was a little petty but in light of who she was matched with....), Ryan D. was clearly poison from the get go. Ryan R. seemed like h just couldn't be tamed.

Season 2 then caused a domino effect, a self fulfilling prophecy: Made it seem it was Season 1 that was the fluke, and it was all a big game - the couples would participate, but not fully, they seemed determined to emerge with their egos intact by never truly baring themselves (except of course Sam), I think after the honeymoon even Neil was only going through the motions. Don't get me wrong! There was a chance with Neil, he really appears to be a good guy (from his continued positive, upstanding SM) but I could be wrong, he could be a jerk. We know know what a jerk David is and Trey... yet another player.

Then Season 4... I chalk that up to it being in Miami coupled with two straight years of zero success - no genuine person is jumping on that one! Look at their jobs? Half are independent contractors, one was a social worker (and we all know how messed up social workers and psychologists are), and they paired up the flight attendant with a stoner? I guess he was the only guy with a real job.

I dunno what they did... I'm certainly happy they did something! Cody & Danielle, and Sheila were not at all comfortable with the cameras - clearly they weren't seeking their 15 min of fame. Ashley & Anthony, and Nate, while comfortable (it seemed) in front of the camera appeared to be genuine.

I've not heard yet about a Season 6. Perhaps they'll stop now while they're ahead?

Ali_R

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:00 am

Season 6 is featuring Boston couples and the wedding should be occurring right about now.

The single difference between season 5 and all seasons prior is 'the experiment' lasted 8 weeks instead of 6.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:05 pm

@Ali_R I think the difference, after listening to Cody's podcast is the process was somewhat gruelling.

He mentioned the questionnaire took hours to complete, 19hrs? skyping interviews, plus FBI background checks. I think they learned their lessons from the previous seasons and did their due diligence in a much more thorough manner. It paid off!

@Amberish thanks for the info. We have come across tidbits of info from Boston but I'm not sure if there has been an official announcement, I haven't really checked into it. Do you have a link for that? I'll start a new category for Season 6.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:12 pm

I saw on Twitter that the podcast that Cody was interviewed on was taken down at least temporarily -- not sure why. I also found out on twitter that Rachel Dealto will not be on the next season, Season 6 in Boston. She is being replaced by "expert", Dr. Jessica Griffin (was on Seven Year Switch?).

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:22 am

It looks like a server problem with the host. This is the message that shows when I go to the podcast link.

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Brought this thread up from archives and moved this post over from the viewing links thread.

suzq wrote:I just saw a Chicago Tribune article from today on another message board that they are finally going to have that MAFS Season 5 reunion episode with Pastor Cal and his wife with the couples.  It is supposed to air Dec. 26 on Lifetime.  I will watch, but why would they show this episode when 2 of the 3 couples have announced splits since then?  I am happy for Anthony/Ashley, but not Nate/Sheila or Cody/Danielle.  It feels almost like false advertising.  Is it to get people excited to watch Season 6, Boston?

Here is the article. I find this network confusing and disorganized. It makes no sense to air this unless they meet again for a current update on their situations. I'm sure they all just want to move on.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chicagoinc/ct-ent-married-at-first-sight-chicago-reunion-20171110-story.html

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:55 pm

Thanks GA for bringing this over! I don't know why they are billing this as a holiday reunion special when it was filmed in July. Do they think viewers are stupid?

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:59 pm

I am sure they all want to move on, too. If they want to promote how successful the show works--it would be best to never air this episode and leave the already aired reunion episode that was taped 3 weeks after the "experiment" ended that showed all 3 couples still together.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:04 pm

@suzq I moved your post here. There is a thread for Season 6.

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f130-married-at-first-sight

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:27 am

Thanks, @GuardianAngel! I appreciate it!

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:00 pm

MAFS Season 5 Holiday Game Night Special is this coming Tuesday, Dec. 26 at 9 pm. ET/ 8 pm. CST on Lifetime Channel.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 5 - SM - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+27
avacaroline
Seabear
umngirl
Mustang19
clhouse