SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - FRC - ATFR - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #4

Page 46 of 69 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 57 ... 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BacheloretteCA - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - FRC - ATFR - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #4 - Page 46 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - FRC - ATFR - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #4

Post by djogbenyuie Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:50 pm

The extended version of the ET AFTR extract:

It shows more of what we expected to se at that AFTR.
Give me even more hope for them.

I just realize they cut all that to show us a Kevin only talking. again edit mess in my eyes.
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

BacheloretteCA - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - FRC - ATFR - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #4 - Page 46 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - FRC - ATFR - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #4

Post by Joy15 Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:56 pm

djogbenyuie wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:Actually IMO the edit showed us exactly what we got. They showed Kevin's behaviour, they made a point of revealing what happened in the FS, they left in the chemistry between them, and they showed how much Jasmine lit up around him. All IMHO

I'm curious to know what was wrong with the edit? TYIA

I was talking about the narration in particular. Not just the scenes they showed us.

The narration angle was Jasmine wants a different type, she is growing as a person and she is discovering that she wants stable vs gypsie, long lasting vs short etc.

At the same time, they highlighted everything she is looking for in Mike and Mikhel more than in Kevin.
Up until the end. The only thing they gave Kevin is He loves her and they have chemistry.

For me, they could have also highlighted those qualities she was looking for in him by:

- showing us an intro video where his family loving side is shown, and his job (show reliability and safety)
- Show us the resolution of their most important arguments (shows he will work with her through any difficulty)
- Show us KW protecting her against Drew (I'm sure he probably calm down Drew once or twice or something like that). It can just be an ITM also.
- Cut more of the parts were he was being too confident, dismissing the others relationship for example.
- Have her discussing her mother opinion on him and even tell us directly that since he loves her, her mother would be happy....

I can go on and on...

After all, it is their beoved first bachette and the maiden season. They could have done a better job at presenting the choice. Not just wanting their damn surprise at the end.

JMO

tyvm.couldnt have said it better. :yes: on the bolded. IMO her media round and what she was looking for on episode 1 , implying the qualities she was looking for in Mike and Mikhel more than Kevin. Since i have paid attention to details of edit play , these are the examples :

- willing to go extra mile : VO over Mikhel 
- desire to make relationship work: VO over Mikhel
- communication: Mikhel's narration on FD stage (that catamaran scene, being resolved)
- long term: all over edit plays for Mikhel during MTP : her fam's PI, VOs, the QnA with Laurelly, etc.
- Future : over Mike and Mikhel
- stablity, connection, safe: part of Mike's narration

while Kevin got the 'red flags' of jealousy and threatening to leave (her fear) , along with, yes, chemistry and that he loves her and believe she was the one for him. In all fairness, he did get the 'connection'  and 'safe' edit too, along with Mike.

All of the edit plays in main episodes were also emphasized more in production-related media. Weirdly enough they did label Kevin as overconfident, and potentially having read flags...Jill described as "monster"..etc. The whole thing just seems so OTT weird to me.  I finally think they put more weight in misdirections (who knows for what....shocking value??)  than the effort to deliver a good narration for the J-KW story. JMO. 

i guess since i get used to the US version edit (and AU, since it seems follow the US path), the way i see it Kevin got more of a cookie cutter pattern of F2/F3...he  even get the "parallel edit" as buddy with the villain Drew with such shot implying they hang together, laugh at the same time, etc.While Mike and Mikhel got the F1-ish/hero edit in the preview implying VS Drew. (Mike 's PI : Drew is bully...Mikhel: i want to smack him...) .

Well..i have learned my lesson that there is always a first time for everything. 

IA with upthread poster saying...it seems they wanted to portray the "realness"...the rollercoaster ride it is: 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bacheloretteca"I'm in love with her. This rollercoaster I'm on, it's big ups and downs everyday, but that's never changed that. I know she's meant for me." --- What a rollercoaster, indeed! It's hard to believe that the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]journey is over - but it's clear to see that the love is real. ❤️

I  hope the ride leading to HEA for all parties involved. 

Last edited by Joy15 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:00 pm

After watching the extended clip can I just say that Roz is such a jackrabbit imo.  True DJ he really only showed the pieces that would make them look bad as a couple.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:02 pm

iamreal2u wrote:Sorry to post so close to each other but Jasmine is not blameless.  This is the argument they had on the couch.  Sigh

K: you told me not to put my arms around you.
J: and
K : I dunno if...
J: Yeah so..
K: ok.

This is some really petty crap..But yet note they are sitting so close nothing can get between them.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My screen cap from the ET video posted here.
I don't get it. What is the argument? She didn't want him to put his arms around her? I'm sorry, what?

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:05 pm

She needs big time space to figure things out. Time out. I think she needs to date both of them in real life, but I don't think they'd go for it. Too bad. She needs that kind of clarity.

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:07 pm

avoice wrote:She needs big time space to figure things out. Time out. I think she needs to date both of them in real life, but I don't think they'd go for it. Too bad. She needs that kind of clarity.

It could get messy though. too many feelings involved from each party.

I wonder what the outcome would be if she had had two more weeks\episodes in her season.
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:10 pm

She behaves as someone who is having a buyers remorse. She made a mistake the way she normally does. If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got. She has the sadness of someone trapped in bad choices.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:14 pm

djogbenyuie wrote:
reason wrote:
djogbenyuie wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now we know why they have been promoting Mike as next bachelor all season.

He = Mikhel

Also another extract:

Is ET Canada that reliable?

I consider them very, very reliable here in Canada.

Oh well, good on Mikhel for not wanting to be on TV. You could tell he wasn't completely at ease in front of the camera. Makes sense to me he wants to be done with being on TV.

As for the mothers, it breaks my heart. So many unhappy people all around that couple. Geez!!!

i friggin love Mike..but i really think he is suited more for a non-engagement version, since he is an analytical, rational, more guarded guy...the terrific choice ala Sam Wood, Tim R of Aussie. .So..pls someone ship him to AU/NZ to be Bachie there giggling

Mikhel OTOH is a hopeless romantic (ala Nick ) who will be so endearing to watch. Oh well, so unfortunate he is not wanting to be on TV again. hopefully time can mend a broken heart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:19 pm

I haven't watched this season because Jasmine looks/feels too much like Kaitlyn who I see as one of the worst b'ette, also none of the guys in this season catch my eyes so I just gave it a pass.

I just keep reading here during the season and knew some of the background and the result. And then I just watched the ET extended ATFR clip, IMO, they don't seem like they are in love. I feel distance between them and Jasmine seems so nervous that she would say something triggering Kevin's temper.

I'm not invested at all and I think I'm objective about this couple, but the way they talk doesn't look promising.

Last edited by peggy0221 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I could kiss you.  I wanted to say what you said but was afraid to say it.  Bless your heart.

Can anyone say buyer's remorse????????

I believe Mikhel mom's words are ringing in Jasmine ears and her mother's thoughtful words of how Mikhel seems more loving.

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:27 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Actually IMO the edit showed us exactly what we got. They showed Kevin's behaviour, they made a point of revealing what happened in the FS, they left in the chemistry between them, and they showed how much Jasmine lit up around him. All IMHO

I'm curious to know what was wrong with the edit? TYIA

I wholeheartdly agree with what you said about the edit and have said much the same pretty much every season. In HINDSIGHT the edit always makes sense and their journey is usually quite acurately chronicled while producing the season. While watching the season, the things that dont make any "sense" about the F1 edit, becomes quite clear as the months pass post filmimg. I think the producers get a good read on the lead and their chosen and the edit is them sort of predicting what they think the outcome will be, based on what they know...which is a heck of lot more than we'll ever be privvy too Hugesmile

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:27 pm

Yes, said it (buyers remorse) a couple posts back. LOL.

I really wish that Jasmine could back out and try with Mickhel. It will take a lot of humility, and grace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 69 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 57 ... 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - FRC - ATFR - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #4

+55
ukglasgowkiiss
aglaea
misshappy
Bzen
nikikass
Newto
Spoil Me Again
Joy15
lapcoffee
AllAboutLove
Cetamy