SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4

Page 78 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 78 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4

Post by Cila51290 Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:57 am

Am I the only one that feels like they should've never sticked with living in Ben's Bachelor pad? I know it's now decorated to Lauren's taste but that home feels so incredibly small to me. The planning is also very weird. I think they should've bought a cheap home and just started from scratch. I think it would've definitely felt like OUR home instead of let's redecorate Ben's Bachelor Pad.(But we all know the hissy fit Ben would've done if they moved to another home) JMO

Does anyone know how much these two make? HEA show & some ads aside from their normal jobs
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 78 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:51 am

He already had a house. She was lucky enough to move into it IMO. I think her redecorating it made it feel more homey and not just a single person living in who didn't put decorating touches.

I've seen in the past, specifically 2nd marriages, where the new wife is lucky enough to move into a 2500 sq foot newer home, all the bells and whistles, she doesn't work, and she wants to sell and buy a home together so it could be "their's. IMO the past is the past. If your partner, husband whatever, owns a house, has been paying all mortgage payments bills and everything else that goes along with it, IMO they should just be grateful and enjoy. Later on depending on what plans they have, marriage kids etc, if the house is too small then I can see a couple buying a new one. It would be nice if the other person forked over some cash too.

The fact that they are living in this house, and I've never seen anywhere Lauren complaining, tells me she was happy to move in and make the changes she made.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71468

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:01 pm

I always got the feeling they aren't necessarily tied to Denver permanently. Plus, they travel A LOT. I think Ben's space in Denver is just fine for their needs right now and it would be financially stupid to buy larger property in Denver for just the two of them if they aren't necessarily even going to be there long term. Real Estate is very expensive in Denver also. I think they made the right decision. They are really young. They have plenty of time to buy/build the house of their dreams down the line. I don't see any huge fire here making them rush into all these huge life decisions all at once.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:27 pm

Had Ben been renting the house they live at, it would've been different, they could've easily found another place to rent together. But he owns the house, it made no sense to sell that place and buy a new place together. I also think it would've been too much added stress for their new relationship.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:36 pm

^^ Agreed. The more I think about it, Ben is a lot like my husband. He thinks and stresses over every life decision. We dated almost 3 years before we got engaged. I had to wait a while for him to be ready for children as well. This doesn't make him a bad guy, it's just his makeup and his personality. I personally think adding a house purchase to their already stressful circumstance could have put Ben over the edge. Just too much at once. We already see him struggling with all these life changes without adding home purchasing or more financial stress to the mix. Personally, and maybe this is old fashioned, but they should wait until there is a ring on that (Ben's ring finger) before they think about getting entangled into home purchasing and property together. One thing at a time. I think that's how Ben needs to handle things to keep his sanity.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:37 pm

Yeah, it really made no sense to move IMO. The only real problem with their current house is their bedroom is wayyy too small IMO, there's not even a closet in there. Like I said yesterday, Ben originally moved to Denver because he and his friends from Warsaw made a "pack" to move there after college. He seems to really love the mountains, cold weather, and being near his friends. If he and Lauren decide to move, I see them moving to Portland (cause I just don't think Lauren would want to live in Warsaw IMO), because her family is there or some place warm all year round (since she loves the beach so much.) I don't really see them needing to move until after they're married/when they start having kids IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:44 pm

There are not many guys I know that age that own a home. He already owned it when he was on K's season. I give him credit for taking that initiative of buying.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71468

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:10 pm

@Cila51290 I agree. But BEN probably didn't wanna move. laugh out loud I also agree that they're just 2 people so I can see the incentive to wait. I think Ben mentioned in the HEA show that Lauren wanted to move to a bigger place.

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 78 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:24 pm

Yeah, Lauren wanted to move on HEA but who knows how much truth there was to that. It seemed like just another scripted storyline with Lace in the mix. I personally think that house is more than adequate for two young people who are in love. It's small, but not tiny, and has a nice yard. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:38 pm

mindless wrote:Yeah, Lauren wanted to move on HEA but who knows how much truth there was to that. It seemed like just another scripted storyline with Lace in the mix. I personally think that house is more than adequate for two young people who are in love. It's small, but not tiny, and has a nice yard. JMO.
Seriously. What kind of house does she want? One where she doesn't have to interact with him so they can be in different wings??? Imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:18 pm

I don't think Lauren should call the shots or demand a big house. But she's presumably his equal and if this is going to last then IMO they need to hear each other out and compromise sometimes (perfectly possible Lauren changed her mind or agreed to wait idk, just using this as an example. Is there anything she suggested/wanted that he hasn't shot down?!

I think it's tiny and I've been the Lauren who wanted to move to a bigger place asap but financially made sense to wait.

Anyone know the exact size?

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 78 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:43 pm

Lauren said it's 800 square feet on her blog. That is not tiny to me. For a family maybe, a young couple no.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4

+55
Miyala
notarose
sbolduc
Anon1234
George1218