SELECT CONTENT

Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 9 of 81 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 45 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by emusha Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:13 pm

@notarose @happygolucky fascinating! Look forward to learning more about Vanessa and potentially considering the cultural background/influence as we watch her behavior within this romantic context unfold. sounds like it might have been fun for you to witness the romantic expressions play out

Have we seen any contestant on this show that had a strong Italian culture and exhibited some of these traits?

Last edited by emusha on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:26 pm

Re Vanessa's melt down about Nick's decisions. I just took that as the same old script, if he wants someone like her than I can't be the one for him. I can certainly understand that. I've seen that so many times over the seasons, but in most cases IA. If he's interested in Corrine, from what we saw of her, there's no way Vanessa is like Corrine IMO, so far that we've seen.

@notarose thanks, I missed the lasagne part. When she said meatball in Italian, my first thought was Rome or Naples area by the very slight accent. I'm looking forward to hearing more of her Italian background especially since she said she is 100% Italian. She lives in Montreal, so I can understand why she choose the French route more so than the Italian for her limo intro.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71522

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:29 pm

Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 9 MkRjyaf
@vanessagrimaldi30
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:32 pm

emusha wrote:Agree @see2love she seems to feel she's the frontrunner already I wonder what nick said to her to give her that impression especially in context of Nick's current comments in the media that Rachel was miles and miles ahead of the other ladies on night one!

I'm sorry but I disagree. I don't get the impression that Vanessa feels she is the front runner. She is stating her opinion of their connection based on what she knows happened that night. Something we are not privy to because of editing and also something that Nick himself confirmed in his blog.

Nick has not said that Rachel was miles and miles ahead of the other ladies on night one. In fact, he admitted that he and Vanessa had a lot of chemistry, but ultimately gave Rachel the FIR because he felt very comfortable talking with her and he knew that because of her maturity and confidence, she could handle the target that she would become because of getting the FIR.

To me comfort and chemistry are two different things. They don't have to be mutually exclusive, but this is the first night and Vanessa clearly saw that they had the chemistry. Nothing wrong with her voicing that opinion and her disappointment at not getting the FIR which she thought she might. She didn't say she deserved it and she didn't have a cow when she didn't get it. She also didn't cut up Rachel because she got it. She was simply disappointed that it wasn't her. I didn't get the vibe that she was feeling entitled, just that she was disappointed and voiced that disappointment rather matter of factly.

For what it's worth, I also didn't see her calling dibs on Nick or being in love with him all ready. She just stated facts about their mutual connection and expressed interest in him and getting to know him better.

Last edited by Sprite on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:35 pm

What do we know about the photo book Vanessa showed Nick the first night?
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:38 pm

emusha wrote:@notarose @happygolucky fascinating! Look forward to learning more about Vanessa and potentially considering the cultural background/influence as we watch her behavior within this romantic context unfold. sounds like it might have been fun for you to witness the romantic expressions play out -- maybe a tad bit like watching a telenovela unfold giggling

Have we seen any contestant on this show that had a strong Italian culture and exhibited some of these traits?

Ashley I and Olivia C both have Italian surnames however neither gave me the home country "Italian" vibe.

@GuardianAngel I was working in English and suck at learning other languages. giggling  If Roman, all the better for fun!

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:41 pm

@Sprite Here's the interview where he said Rachel was "leaps and bounds" from the rest of the ladies - http://www.eonline.com/videos/255918/nick-viall-talks-first-impressions-frontrunners

I agree comfort and chemistry are not exactly the same nor are they mutually exclusive from each other.

To be clear my issue with Vanessa not that she said she was shocked she didn't get the FIR but the *way* she said she was shocked. I found her tone and expression overconfident, naive in context of her complete lack of knowledge about Nick's connection with the other women. It is literally night one and she just met the guy along with everyone else - what makes her shocked that he decided to go with a different girl? saying she's disappointed she didn't get it is different from saying she's "shocked" that she didn't get it
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:49 pm

@Rolly nothing at all that I know of. I was looking forward to seeing it air but no dice. I would think it's pictures of her students, family? Just guessing

@notarose I can understand and translate French to English to get by, but speaking is another issue. laugh out loud I always mix up French with Italian words.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:52 pm

emusha wrote:@Sprite Here's the interview where he said Rachel was "leaps and bounds" from the rest of the ladies - http://www.eonline.com/videos/255918/nick-viall-talks-first-impressions-frontrunners

I agree comfort and chemistry are not exactly the same nor are they mutually exclusive from each other.

To be clear my issue with Vanessa not that she said she was shocked she didn't get the FIR but the *way* she said she was shocked. I found her tone and expression overconfident, naive in context of her complete lack of knowledge about Nick's connection with the other women. It is literally night one and she just met the guy along with everyone else - what makes her shocked that he decided to go with a different girl? saying she's disappointed she didn't get it is different from saying she's "shocked" that she didn't get it

For some reason that video is not coming up for me. Could someone please embed it. TYIA

I guess it is up to our personal interpretation of the situation. I don't find her overconfident, I just find her matter of fact. I saw nothing wrong with the way she expressed herself. Naïve yes, overconfident no. I may change my mind later, but for now, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:11 pm

@Sprite here it is:

Source
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:33 pm

I could hardly hear this vid with my volume max'd. Thanks @Ladybug82 for posting. I did hear his comments about Rachel making him feel comfortable, I didn't hear that she was leaps and bounds above everyone, but what did he say about Vanessa?

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:35 pm

He started to fidget more when the interviewer brought up Vanessa's name. Watch the hands.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 81 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 45 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+85
George1218
Seabear
Eagle Eye
Maya
StationWagon