SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 3 Jan 16th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 46 of 48 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

repost - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 3 Jan 16th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 46 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 3 Jan 16th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by TheWrongReasons Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:36 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
TheWrongReasons wrote:I watched a few times and just thought Nick was being an awkward middle schooler slow dancing in front of everyone ... but I guess this was what he was actually doing with his hands laugh out loud (still awkward though haha).
snipped

I thought it was awkward when we were sleuthing and first got the pics. It looked very strange to have your arms around someone but hands were hanging there. Now seeing him snapping his fingers, it's even more awkward. Maybe he was nervous.
heck, even Danielle mentioned how awkward it was on IG a couple times laugh out loud

I found the interaction cute in a dorky way, but yeah, very awkward, especially the kiss in front of the other girls. repost - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 3 Jan 16th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 46 1f601

He did seem a bit nervous to me as well and I'm not sure why he would seem nervous this time and seemed actually more at ease (IMO) during the Corinne Topless & Bouncy House incidents.

Also, @Kashathediva made a good point re. Danielle's hands linking themselves and not really touching Nick too much as well. Maybe they were both nervous? (because IMO their interaction later on at the group date after party showed at the very least physical attraction).

Oh well, only a few more eps of them and I can move on to looking forward to DLo on BIP and seeing the rest of the journey with Nick play out (even if I'm not a huge fan of Vanessa, I do like Raven and Rachel, so there's that Smiley ).

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

repost - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 3 Jan 16th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 46 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 3 Jan 16th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:37 pm

OnePromise wrote:Vanessa said exactly what I wanted to say to Nick the last episode. What are you doing? Stop acting like a big kid.  Be a man worthy of our time and attention. Start leading in a way that would make the women happy to be your final one. Start acting in a way that your parents would be proud. Start empowering women to become their best selves. Start being the man that cares about others.  Start being the guy that I was excited about seeing on this "most dramatic season ever"!

yes  Nicely said but nothing I've seen from Nick makes me think all this will happen.  Jmo.  Definitely what Vanessa should expect though IMO.  She is a joy and what a together, self assured strong woman.  Love her, don't know if Nick's on her level though, Jmo.

Duke702 wrote:I think Vanessa (and others) were grossed out/annoyed and rightfully so, Nick looked ridiculous with his arms in the air with Corrine hanging on his jock. I'm sure Vanessa is thinking, WTH you were just crying to me last night and then today you're rolling/jumping around with Corrine. jmo. She has every right to question him.

ITA.  I love that she called him out for acting like a 36 year old frat boy and acting in a way that doesn't match his carefully chosen words IMO.  Actions speak JMO.  I hope she continues to hold him to her standards.  Jmo.  Go Vanessa! She's awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:45 am

sbolduc wrote: As the awkward laughter made me believe that the emotions took him by surprise and he himself didn't understand why he was so emotional. I actually thought the laugh situation was one of the more genuine Nick moments - he just didn't seem stilted or charming - it was more an awkward laugh as in why am crying and why can't I talk properly. (snipped)
:yes: , that's my take on it too.

Kashathediva wrote:There is an easy solution to that "pressure"--don't go on the show and be on tv. Simple. No pressure.
I have no pressure with this. I bet most of us reading here are in the same boat.
IA. That's one of many reasons why I would never do it. He "jokingly" says that he is a sucker for punishment. I don't know how to read that, whether there's any truth in the joke and what is he "compensating" for by seeking "the problem" (it's just me being nosey - any psychologist here who could enlighten me?).

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:45 am

happygolucky wrote:IA. That's one of many reasons why I would never do it. He "jokingly" says that he is a sucker for punishment. I don't know how to read that, whether there's any truth in the joke and what is he "compensating" for by seeking "the problem" (it's just me being nosey - any psychologist here who could enlighten me?).

I think some people with their biases against Nick would simply say it's a fame-seeking move. So I'm going to get that out of the way, because while I think it's a part of his reasons why he's back for a fourth time, I don't think it even scratches the surface. I think he says he believes he's a sucker for punishment because he has developed real feelings and fallen in love twice in this weird, crazy environment. And while, ultimately, those relationships didn't pan out, the risk was worth it for the reward. To be able to feel the highs of those relationships and to use those experiences as opportunities to discover more about himself -- it's clear Nick values that.

It reminds me of what Vanessa said this past episode about how what she was feeling in that moment made the possibility of heartbreak worth it. In that sense, they're kind of similar... Vanessa asking all these questions about Nick's thought process reminded me a lot of Nick's skepticism about the show. There's a degree of self-awareness and pragmatism to their approach; however, when it comes down to it, I think they're both suckers for love.

tl;dr: Nick is seeking "the problem" because he believes the risk of heartbreak and embarrassment is worth the possibility of finding something real, (which has happened 2 out of 3 times).
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:34 pm

crunchycheeto wrote:(snipped)  I think he says he believes he's a sucker for punishment because he has developed real feelings and fallen in love twice in this weird, crazy environment. And while, ultimately, those relationships didn't pan out, the risk was worth it for the reward.

It reminds me of what Vanessa said this past episode about how what she was feeling in that moment made the possibility of heartbreak worth it. In that sense, they're kind of similar...
yes very well said, thank you. :yes: , the risk-taking ... "all for love" ... for just feeling it ... seeking the situations (or people) that evoke strong emotions (good or bad). No bland "drinks" for Nick. That explains also "Corinne". I assume that it's the thrill of the challenge that gives him energy to move forward and walking on that line between black and white that gives him empathy/understanding of the grey, but ultimately the grey is not what fascinates him or keeps his attention. Edit that ... I'm inclined to believe the grey eventually "wins", IDK.
Save

Last edited by happygolucky on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm still debating about the last part, have no assured answer.)

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:55 pm

Nick with Vanessa was probably the most likeable he's ever been for me all season, and maybe in his whole franchise career laugh out loud.

repost - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 3 Jan 16th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 46 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:01 pm

^^ For me too!! I loathed him on Andi and Kaitlyn's seasons, started coming around to him on BiP when he told Ashley I to stop being such a delusional psycho and went toe-to-toe with Josh during that beach confrontation (Josh: You better hope everything's good with me and her. Nick: Or what?? cantstopl ), and now I can't believe that I'm fully invested and rooting for his happy ending. I may be biased because Vanessa's my girl, but I thought he was freaking adorable with her. Just very manly and take-charge but sweetly vulnerable. Of course it's early days yet and there's still lots of time left for him to disappoint me, but hopefully he'll keep it together. No pre-FS sex and no dual ILYs, please and thanks.
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:14 pm

Eagle Eye wrote:^^ For me too!! I loathed him on Andi and Kaitlyn's seasons, started coming around to him on BiP when he told Ashley I to stop being such a delusional psycho and went toe-to-toe with Josh during that beach confrontation (Josh: You better hope everything's good with me and her. Nick: Or what?? cantstopl ), and now I can't believe that I'm fully invested and rooting for his happy ending. I may be biased because Vanessa's my girl, but I thought he was freaking adorable with her. Just very manly and take-charge but sweetly vulnerable. Of course it's early days yet and there's still lots of time left for him to disappoint me, but hopefully he'll keep it together. No pre-FS sex and no dual ILYs, please and thanks.

According to Millsy, there's NO pre-FS sex. Keep my fingers crossed !

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:16 pm

@Eagle Eye YES. My opinion of him back then is, ummm, well documented... laugh out loud. I pretty much have never even remotely liked him though he did come across much better on BiP. (hides)

repost - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 3 Jan 16th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 46 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:42 pm

What is the most interesting for me is body language.  It is just my thing, as a Deaf person and has been for a long time.   I suppose that this is just a natural result of how I choose to live my life everyday, how I communicate through sign language, and how I 'read' other people constantly through expression and movement.  It just is...  

Something that I noticed from both Nick and Vanessa is how they communicate.     They both tend to talk and to communicate with their hands.  See the beginning of the zero G date when they are describing the plane movements and the results.  It's cool, because they both use their hands for clarity.

I get that some people are not seeing the connection.  I challenge those people (in a friendly way of course) to watch the zero G date in slo mo with no sound.  My take is that Nick is mirroring Vanessa.  Then they are both mirroring each other in almost every single frame. It is crazy!  The connection has not been this clear to me since JP and Ashley.  -She smiles huge, he smiles huge.  She lays out flat, he lays out flat.  She bounces, and then he bounces.   Vanessa even performed the very first upside-down jump up and straddle 'hug' in Bachelor-nation history!  It was seriously impressive.  

I love this couple.  I don't think that it is because I need to love them together in order root for a winner.   I just love them together because I see it so clearly. This is fun as a viewer, IMO.

Alley-vous, Vanessa!  You rock!
officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:40 pm

Welcome back @officerules, I always love when you post about the body language, now I hope you will stick around and post more from your perspective, please.

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:21 pm

officeRules wrote:What is the most interesting for me is body language.  It is just my thing, as a Deaf person and has been for a long time.   I suppose that this is just a natural result of how I choose to live my life everyday, how I communicate through sign language, and how I 'read' other people constantly through expression and movement.  It just is...  

Something that I noticed from both Nick and Vanessa is how they communicate.     They both tend to talk and to communicate with their hands.  See the beginning of the zero G date when they are describing the plane movements and the results.  It's cool, because they both use their hands for clarity.

I get that some people are not seeing the connection.  I challenge those people (in a friendly way of course) to watch the zero G date in slo mo with no sound.  My take is that Nick is mirroring Vanessa.  Then they are both mirroring each other in almost every single frame.  It is crazy!    The connection has not been this clear to me since JP and Ashley.  -She smiles huge, he smiles huge.  She lays out flat, he lays out flat.  She bounces, and then he bounces.   Vanessa even performed the very first upside-down jump up and straddle 'hug' in Bachelor-nation history!  It was seriously impressive.  

I love this couple.  I don't think that it is because I need to love them together in order root for a winner.   I just love them together because I see it so clearly.  This is fun as a viewer, IMO.  

Alley-vous, Vanessa!  You rock!

Its funny that you compared them to JP and Ashleigh, as thats who I compared them to the other day.  I totally see that real connection happening, as i did then.  I know its early in the process and we're  spoiled, but i think their interactions are sincere and their conversations have meaning as they truly are wanting to get to know the other now that they know the chemisrty is definitely there.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 48 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 3 Jan 16th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+63
Brill
emiusacska
Duke702
lightredemption
SueSt