SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

Page 3 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

Post by Sprite Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:58 am

bleuberry wrote:I didn't like her outfit on Ellen, especially the fit of that jacket.

Yeah, that was not my favourite. She will need to up her fashion game from that. I was expecting something a little more stylish for this appearance since she rocked it on Kimmel. She could have come from court in that outfit.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:40 am

AllAboutLove wrote:

Thanks @AllAboutLove.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Carine Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:20 pm

I actually liked her Ellen outfit I thought it was cute and simple. Maybe she went with that outfit as the show is more laidback.
Does the Bachelorette get a stylist on/off the show?

Carine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:11 pm

Carine wrote:I actually liked her Ellen outfit I thought it was cute and simple. Maybe she went with that outfit as the show is more laidback.
Does the Bachelorette get a stylist on/off the show?

Yes, before the season, the lead has a stylist and they buy all the clothes for the season. Depending on the lead, they may get to keep some or all of the wardrobe.

Personally, I did not like the jacket. It seemed too big and boxy and didn't do anything for her. She could have still worn something cute and simple that was more fun/stylish without making it look like she just walked out of court.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:01 pm

Go to the link for a vid.

Rachel Lindsay knows what she wants!

ET's Lauren Zima caught up with the new Bachelorette at The Bachelor's "Women Tell All" taping on Friday, where she opened up about her upcoming journey to find love -- and revealed that we'll be seeing a cast that "reflects what America looks like."

"I mean, I'm not your typical Bachelorette, right? We've already talked about it," Lindsay shared candidly. "I'm the first black Bachelorette, I'm 31, so I'm an older Bachelorette… Then at the same time, I have a different type of job than the typical Bachelorettes have, so I think it's a little bit harder to cast someone for me."

The Dallas-based attorney is definitely ready to find love, and doesn't apologize for the unprecedented move of encouraging men to apply during her Bachelorette announcement on Jimmy Kimmel Live earlier this month.

"Being 31, like, I've been there. I've gone through my twenties, I've been through the journey, so I know exactly what it is that I'm looking for," she explained. "I just really want to take the time to find the right group of guys for me, and I can't complain."

As for what fans can expect on Lindsay's upcoming season, she said there'll be a "wider pool of African-American men."

I obviously expect to see a wider pool of African-American men just because that's me, but what I'm excited about is I'm hoping that my cast reflects what America looks like," she said. "I don't [exclusively] date African-American men, I've dated all races before, and so I'm hoping the cast reflects what America looks like and I'm excited that my season is hopefully the one that has the opportunity to do that."

Lindsay is clearly excited about the opportunity to break down barriers on the show as the first black lead in Bachelor franchise history, though she admits that she felt a lot of pressure at first.

"Originally I felt a lot of pressure, because who doesn't have pressure being the first at anything?" she revealed. "But at the same time… I'm so humbled and honored to be the one chosen to take on this role and this experience."

"I get the opportunity to find love, so how amazing is that?" she added. "I think that's such a beautiful thing and I have so much support from the cast members and Nick [Viall], as we heard tonight, and just having, you know, America rally behind me, it's such a beautiful thing that it outweighs the pressure."

The 31-year-old beauty said she's currently taking things "day by day" -- but said that from night one, we can expect to see a very "direct" Bachelorette.

"I feel like if I try to think about it too much, I'm going to get caught up in the whole moment of things, so I'm going to take it day by day. I'm just going to be true to myself, and as I told Nick throughout our whole season, I'm just going to keep it 100, and I'm going to keep it real," she promised. "That's all I know how to do."

"Nick was very sincere. It was one of the things I loved the most about him and in our relationship. He was very sincere, he was very open and I plan on being the exact same way. I don't want to hold back, which is something I tend to do, so I'm hoping to take that from him and what we had and carry that into the next part," she said.

And while Lindsay brings the sincerity to her season, she's hoping the guys will bring the laughs.

"Oh my gosh, I need a funny guy! I mean, you don't need to be a comedian. I don't need you to be Kevin Hart, but I need you to be funny," she revealed, before going into her checklist.

"I need you to be able to talk sports -- you don't have to play them, but be familiar with them. Bad breath is a deal breaker, and then I need a guy that knows exactly what he wants," she said. "I don't need you to be indecisive, I don't need you to be just a dreamer, I need you to be very self-aware and confident… and there's a fine line between that I can't stand a cocky guy. That is a deal breaker for me."

While Lindsay's clearly looking forward to her season of The Bachelorette, she's still in the running for Viall's heart on The Bachelor. Find out how the two call it quits in the video below.

The Bachelor airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/211646_exclusive_bachelorette_rachel_lindsay_expects_to_see_wider_pool_of_african_american_men_on_her_season/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:30 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Go to the link for a vid.

"I mean, I'm not your typical Bachelorette, right? We've already talked about it," Lindsay shared candidly. "I'm the first black Bachelorette, I'm 31, so I'm an older Bachelorette… Then at the same time, I have a different type of job than the typical Bachelorettes have, so I think it's a little bit harder to cast someone for me."

Did Rachel just job shame the other bachelorettes?  I agree with her about casting coz I kinda think the same. I just didn't expect her to say it like that. Not very polite IMO.

It also kinda falls flat coz Andi was a lawyer too even if she hadn't been practicing for very long. All JMO.
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:34 pm

She seems full of herself laugh out loud She's in for a rude awakening JMO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:46 pm

I don't see what was wrong with her statement. The typical bachelorette doesn't have have her job, Ashley's or Andi's. So, what exactly about that statement makes her full of herself . It will be interesting around here for her season, that's for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:48 pm

@lexforlife I second your statement.

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:50 pm

lexforlife wrote:I  don't  see what was wrong  with her statement. The typical  bachelorette doesn't  have  have her job, Ashley's or Andi's. So, what exactly about that statement makes her full of herself . It will  be interesting around here for her season, that's for sure.

IA. Re your last statement...she will get her share of criticisms similar to other leads IMO especially now that that supposedly there was drama between her & the projected F1 of the current Bachie season. It's just how the cookie crumbles  season after season IMO.

Last edited by mercieme on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:59 pm

I think she means she plans to stay practising in Texas. (Andi planned to go back too, I know!)

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 3 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:25 pm

I think she meant she's a Bachelorette who is very established in her career. Most don't have an actual career, are still students, or are in the very early stages of their career. She's the oldest Bachette correct?

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 3 87b72b10 Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 3 86669110 Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 3 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

+51
momoftrips
Beagle
Mia_Leoni
Duke702
Swiss Girl