SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 64 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 64 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:53 pm

dartbachfan27 wrote:What do yall make of @ustesdad's comment on RS' page? It said

Unfortunately, the alleged Corrine/DeMario situation happens every day at colleges across the country.
Girl and guy get drunk. There is no blatant “yes” for sexual contact, and no blatant “no” indicating either party wishes to stop. They have sexual contact. Once inebriation wears off, one party realizes things went further than they would have liked (for many different reasons: they found out the other was a scumbag, they have a BF/GF already, they simply regret it, etc). Charges for sexual assault are filed.
Many times it’s a simple he said, she said. Unfortunately in the court of public opinion, once a person is thought of as a rapist, it sticks and destroys their life.
Far too often men get permanently labeled as sex offenders, when in reality the woman simply later regretted letting it go that far.
Don’t get me wrong, sexual assault is a horrible, awful crime and men/women who force sexual contact with others are the scum of the earth. But situations like what has been described for Corrine/DeMario is not sexual assault. As much of a scumbag DeMario might be (going on Bachelorette with a GF back home), I hope he doesn’t get stuck with the label of a rapist.

Do you think that characterizes what happened in this situation?

Source: RS

I think this is a really awful generalizing comment. How often do college girls, who are in fact too drunk to give consent, get sexually assaulted. This is the attitude the girls have to deal with, and if they report the assault, they get so much hate and harassment thrown their way. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 64 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by wickedwitch Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:08 pm

People I personally don't trust to give accurate accounts:
-TPTB
-Reality Steve
-Corrine
-Demario
-the vast majority of cast members, including everyone at BiP
-Chris Harrison

So I'm just going to wait for actual video evidence -- which should exists -- to make judgments about what happened there.

wickedwitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:08 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
yana_bach wrote:One thing I find strange about RS' account is this part :"Producers asked both DeMario and Corinne after the fact if their hookup was consensual, and both reportedly said yes"

They don't usually ask that after a hookup

I wondered about that as well. And I also wonder what was the time frame of "after the fact" 10 minutes after, 24 hours after?

CH alluded to TPTB taking consent seriously and it made me wonder if they ask the engaging parties on film or in writing if they are indeed consensual in any given sexual situation. IMO that would be prudent. Perhaps they do.

JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:12 pm

The account given to RS sounds way too one sided/biased, and watered down. jmo.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:15 pm

RS has vested interest in downplaying the incident. He wants this to end well. This show is his bread and butter too.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:17 pm

@sosleepy That's true but I'm not sure RS is worried given that it is likely production will just create a spin-off show or bring back Bachelor Pad, which RS noted himself would be the case. So it's not like it wouldn't be replaced with another show all together & he would have cause for concern IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by North Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Cocoasneeze wrote:
dartbachfan27 wrote:What do yall make of @ustesdad's comment on RS' page? It said

Unfortunately, the alleged Corrine/DeMario situation happens every day at colleges across the country.
Girl and guy get drunk. There is no blatant “yes” for sexual contact, and no blatant “no” indicating either party wishes to stop. They have sexual contact. Once inebriation wears off, one party realizes things went further than they would have liked (for many different reasons: they found out the other was a scumbag, they have a BF/GF already, they simply regret it, etc). Charges for sexual assault are filed.
Many times it’s a simple he said, she said. Unfortunately in the court of public opinion, once a person is thought of as a rapist, it sticks and destroys their life.
Far too often men get permanently labeled as sex offenders, when in reality the woman simply later regretted letting it go that far.
Don’t get me wrong, sexual assault is a horrible, awful crime and men/women who force sexual contact with others are the scum of the earth. But situations like what has been described for Corrine/DeMario is not sexual assault. As much of a scumbag DeMario might be (going on Bachelorette with a GF back home), I hope he doesn’t get stuck with the label of a rapist.

Do you think that characterizes what happened in this situation?

Source: RS

I think this is a really awful generalizing comment. How often do college girls, who are in fact too drunk to give consent, get sexually assaulted. This is the attitude the girls have to deal with, and if they report the assault, they get so much hate and harassment thrown their way. Jmo

Mods - please delete if inappropriate - but wanted to share a book that I recently read about college date r*pe.

Jon Krakauer is the author of "Missoula" about this very subject - date/acquaintance r*pe. Missoula, MT is the setting for his four-year investigation into a series of rapes in the college town. Krakauer interviews several victims and documents their experiences starting with the r*pe, to the immediate aftermath (hospital, police, prosecutors, etc...), public fall-out and eventually their decisions to push forward and prosecute. He also interviews supporters of the rapists and alleged rapists.

The stories are heartbreaking and astonishing at the same time -- they clearly cut through the debate about acquaintance r*pe to show that it does NOT happen because women are "asking for it" or seeking attention. They are victims of a terrible crime and deserve justice.

The book is well researched, incredibly detailed and essentially a case study for r*pe on college campuses across America. Krakauer does bring up data on false r*pe allegations as well and the numbers are minuscule compared to unreported college r*pe.

Missoula by Jon Krakauer

Last edited by North on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

North

Back to top Go down

Post by sweeti810 Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:29 pm

I think it's interesting that Shelby Adams disabled her Instagram (@shelbybadams) account.

sweeti810

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:31 pm

This is so sad and messed up. no no

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:57 pm

@nd4reality It really is on so many, many levels.
I want to say you, not in the personal you sense but in the general you sense, don't even know what thread to pull apart first.
Each person involved, the male person, the female person, the handler, who is an assistant production person and friend by relation to the female person, and then other cast people and production people, all play their own separate roles. So where do you begin.
My gut tells me this will all be resolved off the record, out of court and sealed and we will never have another season of BIP. Something totally different will come back next year.
It's left me with a pit in my stomach. A sick, empty feeling. How do you sink to this level? How as camera person do you want to film something like this? How as a cast person do you want to observe something like this even in passing, as a male or female? It is beyond me. And really, this is not new. Things like this have been going on for seasons, the carousing, the wilding, it's just finally come to a head.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sweeti810 Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:13 pm

Kashathediva wrote:@nd4reality It really is on so many, many levels.
I want to say you, not in the personal you sense but in the general you sense, don't even know what thread to pull apart first.
Each person involved, the male person, the female person, the handler, who is an assistant production person and friend by relation to the female person, and then other cast people and production people, all play their own separate roles. So where do you begin.
My gut tells me this will all be resolved off the record, out of court and sealed and we will never have another season of BIP. Something totally different will come back next year.

At this point, I don't think it can be resolved off the record. If Reality Steve's version is true (and I hope it is bc it means no one was harmed), TPTB will want to make it known so that their show and DeMario aren't forever associated with sexual assault.

sweeti810

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Zaynab wrote:Listening to channel 33 on SoundCloud Bachelor Party recent episode reality steve said they brought Wells in as a bartender and he could go on dates and stuff and he said Wells is still down in Mexico. I think because Evan and Carly's wedding is supposed to be on sunday.
ETA the wedding is supposed to be on saturday the 17th actually

GuardianAngel wrote:Now there's another issue. Aren't bartenders suppose to stop when they feel the person had too much?

Not sure about the US/Mexico but in Australia bars and pubs must appoint a "Responsible Person" (Yes that is their actual title) and part of their job is to "not serve alcohol to anyone who shows signs of intoxication" and "discourage patrons from actions that can cause harm".  

When I read Wells was brought in as a bartender and is still there I wondered if perhaps he's been tied up in the legal investigation and possibly not been allowed to leave the "crime scene".  I expect he was more of a figurehead bartender than a Responsible Person-role, though.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+108
Mommyof2
LoveDovez
kmick0890
TheWrongReasons
North