SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 78 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:45 pm

@gurlbrit This is actually an interesting discussion.
Per your quote
Not insinuating at all that we should blame the victim. But it appears both were victims of TPTB machinations. Both were drunk; both were told to hook up. Until either settle or this goes to court, we should give both of them the benefit of the doubt.
Playing devil's advocate-from my understanding the contracts signed indicate TPTB will and can show cast in any manner including those of humiliation(paraphrasing from past contracts show on this site). If the cast were given a storyline to take part in and were acting upon that, and then took it upon themselves to get drunk and act on their storyline were they being manipulated by production?
This is where seeing the unedited film will be interesting. It will show production saying things such as are you ok, if they think they are not perhaps. Etc...

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by coolangel Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:46 pm

I don't think TPTB would settle this out of court assuming it goes to court in the first place, Currently, it is just a WB internal investigation and even though Corinne and DeMario have both hired lawyers, no case has been filed (Source).

I was thinking about the Tonya Cooley/Real World settlement case and one of the primary things to be noted there was that the tapes proved that Tonya was telling the truth and was passed out when the incident happened. Even though the show initially tried to make it seem that she had it coming (classic victim-blaming), they knew they didn't stand a chance if it went to trial and hence opted for the out-of-court settlement. In this case, the show is basically claiming through their sources that Corinne was lucid and agreed that it was consensual in the ITM's. If the tapes of the incident and the ITM's prove that, Corinne won't really have a case IMO.  

I agree with @Seabear that victim blaming and false accusations are both equally damaging. Hopefully the tapes will bring the truth to light.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:00 pm

Initially I didn't know what I wanted to be true or not, but after Corinne's statement, I really hope she's telling the truth. I think false accusations of sexual assualt/impropriety is one of the worst things you can do as a woman, it makes life so much harder for real victims and with all the publicity this is getting, it would be so harmful to the cause if she's lying. It's already hard enough to get people to believe victims, so I really hope this isn't a stunt. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:08 pm

who knows what happened.. he said. she said. they said. IMO they were too drunk and everyone is at fault. Them to drink to this point. Prods to have no limits. Corinne and DeMario knew perfectly well how they react to alcohol. That was certainly not the first party or the first time they were drunk. It just happened that it was taped on TV with witnesses around who just pushed until the drama.

This prods reminds me of paparazzi. They want drama. They want crazy. They want sex. They want to see jealousy and tears. They want the worse of each BIP contestant. They do not want love and flowers. Boring for them. No audience. Nobody would want to watch after episode 2 if they did not bring the worse of those contestants.

So for me, they are all guilty. Guilty to accept and sign a contract with no self protection obviously. Guilty to drink all day long. Guilty for knowing perfectly the effect of the alcohol but still decide to get drunk.

If DeMario was sober and Corinne drunk. That would be a complete other story. And this remind me this piece of trash guy who r*ped this unconscious drunk girl and was released by this judge because he did not want to destroy the boy's life for a little mistake... remember this?

But it seems that DeMario was as drunk as Corrine. So why blaming one and not the other? Did he really do it? He said he was too drunk to do it which when someone is drunk... lets just say that it may have the same effect as a cold water on a guy.

I blame the crew. I blame the prods. Those are responsible.

I watched BIP only 3 or 4 episodes to see the nick/amanda/josh and the cray cray cute couple who is getting married june 17. (Carly and ?). But not a fan. When I saw that camera was everywhere, including next to the bed of Josh and Amanda.............. that was crossing my line of fun TV.

So I hope, really really hope, that Fleiss will loose in court. Yes I find both Corinne and DeMario guilty, mostly guilty of being the dumbest of all but more because this will put the line once and for all for what is acceptable in TV reality. I do not care if they signed a contract. If people go on a party, there is always one who should not drink so he can drive safe home the individuals and also be the protector of the group. This was obviously not the case and in my book it is a  big fat nono.

all is JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:38 pm

ReneeM wrote:Initially I didn't know what I wanted to be true or not, but after Corinne's statement, I really hope she's telling the truth. I think false accusations of sexual assualt/impropriety is one of the worst things you can do as a woman, it makes life so much harder for real victims and with all the publicity this is getting, it would be so harmful to the cause if she's lying. It's already hard enough to get people to believe victims, so I really hope this isn't a stunt. All JMO.

So funny, I totally get what you are saying here but I'm on the opposite side. I'm really hoping that Corrine is just being a fame whore and will be exposed as such. I'd rather her be exposed/humiliated as a liar than to learn that the other side of the story is true and that kind of sexual assault happened on camera while crew and cast let it.

I suspect the truth is somewhere in the grey area though...but I'm crossing my fingers for once that what RS is reporting is actually the truth. What a strange day when I'm actually rooting for RS to be right!
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:42 pm

allykat wrote:
ReneeM wrote:Initially I didn't know what I wanted to be true or not, but after Corinne's statement, I really hope she's telling the truth. I think false accusations of sexual assualt/impropriety is one of the worst things you can do as a woman, it makes life so much harder for real victims and with all the publicity this is getting, it would be so harmful to the cause if she's lying. It's already hard enough to get people to believe victims, so I really hope this isn't a stunt. All JMO.

So funny, I totally get what you are saying here but I'm on the opposite side. I'm really hoping that Corrine is just being a fame whore and will be exposed as such. I'd rather her be exposed/humiliated as a liar than to learn that the other side of the story is true and that kind of sexual assault happened on camera while crew and cast let it.

I suspect the truth is somewhere in the grey area though...but I'm crossing my fingers for once that what RS is reporting is actually the truth. What a strange day when I'm actually rooting for RS to be right!

I truly go back and forth with this line of thinking too. It's such an ugly situation.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:47 pm

dartbachfan27 wrote:Drinking too much is going to leave one vulnerable so people should definitely drink responsibly. No one disagrees with that fact. However, should one happen to get drunk, it does not justify violating them primarily because s/he is vulnerable and is unable to protect him/herself, which happens quite a bit too.

Based on the reporting out there, however, I think Corinne understands the nature of the situation which is why she is suing/blaming production, not DeMario. Someone raised it up earlier but if someone were drunk and about to go hop into a car and drive out, shouldn't/wouldn't production stop them? Or if someone were drunk and started physically hitting another human being. Well, most likely. So why can't the same sentiment be applied here...?

Very good points you are raising here, IMO.

Alcohol is a foreign substance to our bodies, it is a CNS depressant, it does damage to several of our organs, in high enough quantities it is toxic and can cause death. Despite all of that, many in society drink to excess and are not alarmed when they see others do so. IMO, they are desensitized to it, ignorant, and foolish.

I am going to take a try at posing some possible answers to your questions (bolded): If someone is physically hitting another person the danger is very obvious, therefore, it makes for an easier judgment call to intervene. The dangers of drinking and driving are well known, and over the last several decades bystanders have been educated and encouraged to step up and take away keys. When it comes to observing a sexual encounter, I feel that it requires more of a judgment call to be made by the bystander. If there didn't appear to be a struggle (force used), limpness/unconsciousness, or cries of resistance, it may very well have been assumed by some that it was a consensual mutual thing. And even if the bystander's personal morals may not have allowed themselves to engage in such a behavior at such a time and in such a place, the moral relativism that exists in society today (Everyone can decide what to do with their own sexuality, sexual liberation and all that), makes a judgment call by an observer all the more difficult. This is purely my conjecture as to why nobody stepped in (barring any overt signs of foul play). IMO.

MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:50 pm

Completely agree with all of that ^ @MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheokaf Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:55 pm

I'm still stunned that Corrine took this show down. Is this poetic justice? I'm sure MF never thought a 25yo tart could bring his show to its knees. I'm lmao she hired top notch attorneys. This could be it! JMO

“I apologize for nothing. I’m sorry for being awesome.” Ryan, Bachelorette Season 11
Sheokaf
Sheokaf

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Sheokaf wrote:I'm still stunned that Corrine took this show down. Is this poetic justice? I'm sure MF never thought a 25yo tart could bring his show to its knees. I'm lmao she hired top notch attorneys. This could be it! JMO

It really would be poetic justice if Corrine does in fact take this show down. Seriously.
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheokaf Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:00 pm

^ I'm sure that's what MF thinks of her. I think she's smarter than she lets on.

“I apologize for nothing. I’m sorry for being awesome.” Ryan, Bachelorette Season 11
Sheokaf
Sheokaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:02 pm

from urban dictionary:

"tart
A tart is a female who is attractive and has the air of being promiscuous, even if she isn't.

A tart is a girl likey to get disapproving looks from old people.

In short, a tart is more of a tease and a flirt than, say, a whore, skank, or sl*t. All of those words imply putting out, wheras a tart may or may not have a lot of random sex."

if the shoe fits...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+108
Mommyof2
LoveDovez
kmick0890
TheWrongReasons
North