SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - Potential Contestants - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 43 of 54 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 48 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - Potential Contestants - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - Potential Contestants - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:41 am

MaxWilder wrote:
Bobette wrote:
albean99 wrote:
I just don't see why they'd care about international viewers. I wouldn't think that would count in the ratings.
IMO it would be less about bringing in international viewers and more about creating drama and introducing fresh eye candy, which in turn would (presumably) increase ratings.
There are countless people already in LA--no need to fly in some Australians. We're not able to watch their shows, so trying to get us interested in the AU version is pointless. Is all this speculation based on that one guy's Instagram photo in LA?

Actually quite a few of us have watched the Bachelor AU and NZ as well as the Bachelorette AU. We use online links, just like lots of our non-North American posers use links to watch the US version.

I personally would be no less interested in them than these contestants who left in week one. Not a huge difference to me. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - Potential Contestants - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - Potential Contestants - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:10 am

MaxWilder wrote:
Bobette wrote:
albean99 wrote:
I just don't see why they'd care about international viewers. I wouldn't think that would count in the ratings.
IMO it would be less about bringing in international viewers and more about creating drama and introducing fresh eye candy, which in turn would (presumably) increase ratings.
There are countless people already in LA--no need to fly in some Australians. We're not able to watch their shows, so trying to get us interested in the AU version is pointless. Is all this speculation based on that one guy's Instagram photo in LA?

Speculation that AU contestants auditioned for the show came from multiple media reports that AU contestants auditioned for the show.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4551110/Keira-Sam-Courtney-audition-Bachelor.html
https://www.newidea.com.au/article/celebrityroyals/keira-sam-and-courtney-return-to-reality-tv-in-bachelor-in-paradise
http://wstale.com/celebrities/keira-sam-courtney-audition-us-bachelor/

QED.

The Instagram post just lent weight.

ETA: As previously mentioned I don't think the motivation is to get people interested in the international shows - it's more about drawing on the pool of Bachelor franchise alums to flesh out the otherwise-insipid BiP cast, IMO.

Last edited by Bobette on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:12 am

So I think it's weird how Astrid and Alexis boyfriend both go quiet on IG once BIP started filming

Alexis bf( profile not private) has been posting about his Mexico trip all weekend but now hasn't for 2 days

Update: never mind they both updated their story, ironically after I made this comment.

Last edited by Petalfan on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ygritte Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:02 am

stuckinsc wrote:
MaxWilder wrote:
Bobette wrote:

Actually quite a few of us have watched the Bachelor AU and NZ as well as the Bachelorette AU. We use online links, just like lots of our non-North American posers use links to watch the US version.

I personally would be no less interested in them than these contestants who left in week one. Not a huge difference to me. JMO.

ITA. I also think that it's a safer bet to pull previous contestants from an international pool, as they already know their edit, rather than recruit newbies/"superfans" (as in Bachelor Pad). The last couple of AU series were produced by the US team IIRC, so this doesn't feel like a huge stretch.

ygritte

Female Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:30 am

stuckinsc wrote:
MaxWilder wrote:There are countless people already in LA--no need to fly in some Australians. We're not able to watch their shows, so trying to get us interested in the AU version is pointless.
I didn't mean literally not able to watch. I meant that the international versions aren't shown on American television, cable or broadcast, so ratings aren't measured. A million Americans could watch via these 'unofficial' links, but the Australian version of Nielsen doesn't tally these numbers, and the show can't provide these numbers to potential advertisers. Especially since people usually cut out the ads before posting online.
ygritte wrote:ITA. I also think that it's a safer bet to pull previous contestants from an international pool, as they already know their edit, rather than recruit newbies/"superfans" (as in Bachelor Pad). The last couple of AU series were produced by the US team IIRC, so this doesn't feel like a huge stretch.
Do you mean that US producers flew to Australia and participated in filming and editing? They must have been hands-off, in-name-only executive producers. I truly can't imagine someone like Elan even knowing who these international contestants are. I have a feeling those articles are wishful thinking.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:36 am

MaxWilder wrote:snipped..
Do you mean that US producers flew to Australia and participated in filming and editing? They must have been hands-off, in-name-only executive producers. I truly can't imagine someone like Elan even knowing who these international contestants are. I have a feeling those articles are wishful thinking. **IMO**.

MF is the creator. Warner took over production for the Season 4 of the Aussie Bachelor. Prior to that it was produced by Shrine Australia, they've been cut out of the picture. There appears to be more involvement control what ever you want to call it from the US side of it. So yes, I can see them stirring up the drama with the Aussie cast. Personally I hope they do. Maybe they are testing the waters to see if they should have their own BIP. They are currently on Season 5 of TB and Season 3 of the ette. Elan IMO isn't going to Australia to be part of the show, when they have other teams who probably all discuss and review storyboards with the US counterparts.

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:31 pm

I hadn't even thought of that @GuardianAngel. I wouldn't mind seeing an Aussie version of BIP. It would be interesting what they could come up with.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:30 pm

I'd be okay with it but don't really see it happening. It would be difficult for any "mixed" couples if someone from here fell for someone from there.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15357

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:51 pm

I want to see the girls reaction when they see a female stranger walking down the beach towards them, then says hello in an Aussie accent. Even better, I want to see the guys reaction to her as well. laugh out loud

I'm pretty sure they have already matched up couples on their storyboard and if they do have "intruders" laugh out loud I just thought of that (term used in the Aussie franchise) it would shake things up.

I've been told in the past that so and so is matched up on paper with so and so for a possible connection. I don't think they care about a connection, if it happens it happens IMHO.

We already know some of the squad have been putting their bids on some of these guys.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:51 pm

IA that they don't care about any possible couple, GA. I'm just saying my opinion although realize that it's not likely to work out in any case.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15357

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:52 pm

albean99 wrote:IA that they don't care about any possible couple, GA. I'm just saying my opinion although realize that it's not likely to work out in any case.

It could be hard, but since the success rate is low anyway I just want to be entertained. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:38 am

Moved from a General Discussion thread. Is this a fact, where is this info coming from?

summerdayze wrote:Apparently she's @ BIP now (as expected). There was word that two females from the original line-up left early on - so she's part of the first round of 'replacement' (new) girls to the island.

Certainly her noting her disappointment on having to miss the LA Pride event(s) this week and being MIA on social media as of late, would suggest she is away and filming for BIP.

I'd imagine that she'd be one of the more popular girls / conquests for the guys there, so I anticipate she will stick around for a while.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 54 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 48 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - Potential Contestants - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+84
Acrunch
nd4reality
suzq
pikake
Emayem