SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 9 Feb 27 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 47 of 48 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 9 Feb 27 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 47 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 9 Feb 27 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by whit90 Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:54 pm

Renee :
I agree with your statement but I think that MF and co. want to give  her this clean, strong, and professional edit. I highly doubt that Rachel would sleep with Nick she was at this time trying to get the ette position which she did. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 9 Feb 27 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 47 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 9 Feb 27 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Billysmom Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:57 pm

I'm wondering if the statement made by Vanessa in the hot tub about not compromising her core values or similar was in reference to the fs or to life choices in general?

If Vanessa actually had the first fs date, I hope somehow nick gave her some sort of reassurance so as to reduce her anxiety a bit in the days leading to the rc. I wonder if he explained the yellow bracelet to her?
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:58 pm

ReneeM wrote:
notarose wrote:Whatever happens or is edited to "appear like" in Rachel's FS will be setting the standard for her own FS rounds as Bette.  IMO
If the edit gives the appearance of sex having occurred I am curious about why so much time was allotted on the HTD to attending church. Her HTD was a full day and night portion yet the edit focused on 2 things - mixed race relations & religious practice.
It will be interesting to watch Rachel's FD.

I noticed that Raven was bare shouldered while Nick was being swallowed by his turtle neck and that Rachel is mummy wrapped in bedding while Nick appears topless.
Amusing contrast.
I think Nick and Vanessa should wear matching onesies as a shoutout to the 0 G date. rofl

Her having sex, doesn't negate her being a christian who goes to church.

The Bible does say that premarital sex is wrong....so it does stand to reason that the OP is curious to see how they edit the FD after going to church was something that stood out on HTD. Im curious too :yes:

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:08 pm

northernviewer wrote:
ReneeM wrote:
notarose wrote:Whatever happens or is edited to "appear like" in Rachel's FS will be setting the standard for her own FS rounds as Bette.  IMO
If the edit gives the appearance of sex having occurred I am curious about why so much time was allotted on the HTD to attending church. Her HTD was a full day and night portion yet the edit focused on 2 things - mixed race relations & religious practice.
It will be interesting to watch Rachel's FD.

I noticed that Raven was bare shouldered while Nick was being swallowed by his turtle neck and that Rachel is mummy wrapped in bedding while Nick appears topless.
Amusing contrast.
I think Nick and Vanessa should wear matching onesies as a shoutout to the 0 G date. rofl

The Bible does say that premarital sex is wrong....so it does stand to reason that the OP is curious to see how they edit the FD after going to church was something that stood out on HTD.   Im curious too :yes:

I don't want to get into talking about religion, but it's 2017, modern christians engage in premarital sex every day. Rachel went to a christian high school, she's said to attend service pretty frequently, so church is a part of her life, yet as far as we know, she's not a virgin. Ben's a christian, yet it's been said he had sex with all his F3. Sean Lowe was a 'born again' virgin, so he'd engaged in premarital sex at some point. IMO it's silly to look at sex in 2017 as some sort of religous gauge. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:20 pm

whit90 wrote:Renee :
I agree with your statement but I think that MF and co. want to give  her this clean, strong, and professional edit. I highly doubt that Rachel would sleep with Nick she was at this time trying to get the ette position which she did. JMO

IMO I don't think she was ever trying to get the 'ette while on the show and IF Nick did in fact tell her he's falling for her, she might've thought that she was it for him, making the decision to have sex would be a no brainer for her there IMO. If they don't have sex i think it would be Nick stopping it, not Rachel IMO. I think the edit will play up the sex angle because it'll emphasize her heartbreak & the storyline of her being 'shocked' and 'blindsided'. I don't think the GP are going to bring up her christianity at all in regards to the sex. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:32 pm

ReneeM wrote:
whit90 wrote:Renee :

IMO I don't think she was ever trying to get the 'ette while on the show and IF Nick did in fact tell her he's falling for her, she might've thought that she was it for him, making the decision to have sex would be a no brainer for her there IMO. If they don't have sex i think it would be Nick stopping it, not Rachel IMO. I think the edit will play up the sex angle because it'll emphasize her heartbreak & the storyline of her being 'shocked' and 'blindsided'. I don't think the GP are going to bring up her christianity at all in regards to the sex. All JMO.

I totally agree with this!

Although I liked them together and saw the chemistry. I'm glad he didn't pick her. It'll be interesting to see her carry her own show for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:48 pm

It wouldn't matter to me what year it is, what would matter is there are two other's that will be in FS with him. Like I said earlier, I'd tell him he could wait and talk to me later, at the FRC.
That's just my opinion.

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Re: Christianity and sex. The Bible says a lot of things. It's also against the Bible to eat shellfish, for goodness sake. There is so much variation to religion, what people pick and choose out of the Bible, how literally people take it, etc. Rachel goes to church, yes. Established. I see no reason why this also means she's a virgin. I'd wager MOST Christians aren't, and don't wait for marriage, and if you do, that's the exception, not the norm.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:51 pm

ReneeM wrote:
northernviewer wrote:
ReneeM wrote:

The Bible does say that premarital sex is wrong....so it does stand to reason that the OP is curious to see how they edit the FD after going to church was something that stood out on HTD.   Im curious too :yes:

I don't want to get into talking about religion, but it's 2017, modern christians engage in premarital sex every day. Rachel went to a christian high school, she's said to attend service pretty frequently, so church is a part of her life, yet as far as we know, she's not a virgin. Ben's a christian, yet it's been said he had sex with all his F3. Sean Lowe was a 'born again' virgin, so he'd engaged in premarital sex at some point. IMO it's silly to look at sex in 2017 as some sort of religous gauge. All JMO.

Just because people who go to church do something ...doesnt mean God approves...and thats all I'll say ...subject closed for me.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:03 pm

Oops, I was the one who began the convo by pointing out the edit which included Rachel's HTD focus on her church and interracial relations - we know more things happened since he was with her for many hours however that is where the edit went.
To clarify, my interest in is tptb's choice of footage in shaping public perception of the new Bette. HTD and FS airing is after the public was made aware of her new role so IMO what is shown in each is the beginnings of her storyboard for next season.

Not intended by me as commentary on Rachel as a religious practitioner Smiley. More intrigued by the direction tptb may be heading in packaging Rachel.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by George1218 Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:10 pm

reason wrote:I dont think he slept with anyone other than Vanessa.

I don't either, but TPTB will do their best to make it seem like he did. Also, regarding the US Magazine, if they said "slept together" they could be right AND Nick still may not of had sex with Raven. I have "slept with" my sister in the same bed, but I sure didn't have sex with her! cantstopl giggling
George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1051

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:44 pm

notarose wrote:Oops, I was the one who began the convo by pointing out the edit which included Rachel's HTD focus on her church and interracial relations - we know more things happened since he was with her for many hours however that is where the edit went.
To clarify, my interest in is tptb's choice of footage in shaping public perception of the new Bette. HTD and FS airing is after the public was made aware of her new role so IMO what is shown in each is the beginnings of her storyboard for next season.

Not intended by me as commentary on Rachel as a religious practitioner Smiley. More intrigued by the direction tptb may be heading in packaging Rachel.

I think it is interesting that they highlighted Rachel's family and their acceptance of inter-racial couples, including the sister and BIL's marriage. I thought that this portion of her HTD was very well done, and showed honest and frank conversation about "the elephant in the room". I really enjoyed hearing her family's concerns and input on the subject. I think this showed that while  being open to all men who might enter Rachel's life, they are not unaware of the challenges that they might bring.  They touched upon the fact that while individuals in their family may not care about an inter-racial relationship, there still are others in society who may push back against it. Again, I really liked the conversations shown.

As to the footage of Nick and Rachel at her church, my take away wasn't so much that they were presenting Rachel as a church going Christian, somebody of a certain moral code, or someone who has a particular view of sex. None of those things came to my mind while I was watching. And, I think that each viewer, through their own personal lens would interpret this differently, perhaps. What entered my mind while watching that footage was seeing Nick being immersed into a different community of people, one predominantly of a race different than his. I think that they were contrasting the cultural differences between a black congregation's service with the type of service that Nick is accustomed to in his (assumedly) white/mixed congregation. There is absolutely no denying to me that there are stylistic differences  between services. Things like music, singing, sermons all vary from church to church, but there is a stylistic difference in black versus white/mixed congregations. One is not better than the other. They are just different. I think that by putting Nick into this unfamiliar setting for a familiar activity it was to see how he would react to it. Would he embrace it? Would he shy away from discomfort of being "the outsider"? I was focused on that aspect when I was watching that footage. I actually think that the church footage was a very good way to illustrate that while some of their foundations may be the same, the way in which those foundations have been expressed may be very different. JMHOAA.

Also, I really, really hope that going forward into Rachel's season that we are all able to maturely discuss topics without giving or taking insult. We all have our own thoughts, ideas, opinions, personal experiences and biases, but that shouldn't stop us from  being able to exchange them. Hopefully we can learn from one another. I guess I would just hope that we can be gentle with one another as we discuss difficult topics and use Rachel's family as a good example of that. JMHOAA.

Last edited by MiaHawk on Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 48 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 9 Feb 27 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+68
emusha
quietpal
Norcalgal
MiaHawk
pavalygurl