SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Page 50 of 52 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 - Page 50 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Post by Carine Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:46 am

Newto wrote:
LoveDovez wrote:
umngirl wrote:

I'd love to see the ratings since Nielsen is behind on releasing them and many of the ratings sites are pissed about it.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/tv-ratings-delayed-again-nielsen-the-bachelor-the-voice-deadline-advisory-1202042998/

IMHO MF should hope and pray he is right because I see the next season of the Ette being the last... As they say all good things must come to an end....

I disagree with you about this being the last season of 'ette.  The predominant audience is female, and they like to look at the eye candy.  JMHO.

I'm I missing something? Why would it be the last? I don't really follow ratings but thought the show does fairly well?

Carine

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 - Page 50 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:31 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:I just saw Vanessa's ring...

https://www.google.com/amp/people.com/style/bachelor-finale-nick-viall-engagement-ring-vanessa-grimaldi/amp/

And instantly recognized it...

https://www.google.com/amp/people.com/style/bachelorette-exclusive-robby-hayes-ring-for-jojo/amp/

Did anybody else notice this?

It's similar to what CS gave to Whitney and Ben to Laurnen, which I also liked, in comparison to most others that I don't care for. I'm not a fan of a halo rings and thin bands. I'll take a 3.75ct diamond engagement ring from anyone! laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:17 pm

LoveDovez wrote:
umngirl wrote:
Ladybug82 wrote:

I'd love to see the ratings since Nielsen is behind on releasing them and many of the ratings sites are pissed about it.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/tv-ratings-delayed-again-nielsen-the-bachelor-the-voice-deadline-advisory-1202042998/

IMHO MF should hope and pray he is right because I see the next season of the Ette being the last... As they say all good things must come to an end....

I respect your opinion & not questioning it at all but I am going to ask a provocative question. So the only thing changing in the next Ette season IMO is that the next lead is black. Are you implying that this change in having a black lead will be the reason for MF not being right & hence lead to this being the last Ette season as you posted?

IMHO I don't think it will matter as the show will still stick to its formula that is the show IMO is about the contestants vs the lead. However I am not naive to not think the general public (at least in America) has not thought about how race will be factored into this season or impact it. As Rachel herself has said in interviews she is not expecting much to be different but we shall see come May....all JMHO.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:53 pm

@lovedovez, I am with you on the show coming to an end, but I'm wondering if all bach shows are about done. It has nothing to do with the race of a lead.

It is all about how they have turned a dating experiment into the lowest form of scum. You can't have a dating experiment, which is what it started out as according to 'old-timers' in the know, and completely leave out all semblance of romance and downplay real attraction. Instead they force their idea of what will draw an audience upon the lead.

In short, the shows have become overly 'produced' and reality is left on the cutting room floor.

eta: I feel that most of America has moved beyond judging one another by the pigments in our skin. Maybe I'm the naive one, but that's how it looks in my everyday world.

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:05 pm

@Bkay...just to note in my earlier post that I didn't say America would judge based on race but that it's my opinion that the general American public will think about how race will be factored into the show or impact the show. There are postings that I have read on this forum to that effect already and it's all good conversation...all jmho.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:57 pm

BKay wrote:@lovedovez, I am with you on the show coming to an end, but I'm wondering if all bach shows are about done. It has nothing to do with the race of a lead.

It is all about how they have turned a dating experiment into the lowest form of scum. You can't have a dating experiment, which is what it started out as according to 'old-timers' in the know, and completely leave out all semblance of romance and downplay real attraction. Instead they force their idea of what will draw an audience upon the lead.

In short, the shows have become overly 'produced' and reality is left on the cutting room floor.

eta: I feel that most of America has moved beyond judging one another by the pigments in our skin. Maybe I'm the naive one, but that's how it looks in my everyday world.

ITA! :yes: But I see the show ending in it's essence and not literally. They still get good ratings so it'll be on for a while IMO but it won't be the dating experiment it started out as. Instead we'll be getting tons and tons of drama and more and more wacky contestants as the seasons progress IMO. It will become the show of the Chad's and the Corinne's and all BIP potentials aiming for screen time IMO. The lead and their love story will not be the focus anymore and I feel TPTB have already started down that path.

All JMO.

Last edited by coolangel on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:58 pm

There are a couple separate elements involved, IMO totally separate from viewer's perception.
First, the ratings of TB vs 'Ette due to time of year. Winter vs Summer. In winter people are nesting more vs on vacation or out. Are the ratings different or is it a non-issue?
Second, a male vs a female lead. Personally, I enjoy TB much more than 'ETTE. I always have. It's me. Does this effect ratings? I know a lot here enjoy the 'Ette more.
Third, the effect of social media. Rachel, herself, is not very involved in this. Does less involvement effect likability or ratings?
Fourth, the emphasis or goal of the show now vs then(first seasons). The show used to get cast for "the right reason" then it morphed into "right reason and maybe travel" now it seems its for branding and making a name to increase future profitability .
Fifth, the storyboard. If it's a good story(lots of drama) more people appear to tune in rather than if they are bored.
Sixth, the edit. If you piss off TPTB does the edit change? My opinion is yes.
I sporadically watched JPG after something, IMO happened prior to filming that indicated to me that TPTB were not his friend and were really out to make him look like a jack azz.
I'm sure JPG contributed being a jack on his own, but I am more certain TPTB pushed that card.
So, I guess what I am getting at is what is TPTB's own prejudice where any cast is concerned? Because that leads to the edit and the edit leads to what comes out in interviews with CH or other media outlets. Then that leads to how the viewers interpret that cast person. So it's very subjective and not always fair.
I do not think it's as simple as how American views a person. I think it's a lot more complicated than that complicated by what TPTB give us.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:25 pm

@Kashathediva The time of year has everything to do with how many 'Ette seasons I have watched. I think I've caught two in their entirety. I will not be watching Rachel's for that reason. I will however try to remember to keep up with the media posted here. Summer and TV just don't go together for me.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:46 pm

I personally like the Bachelorette the most. More likely the couple works out, something to watch in the summer surrounded by reruns, eye candy with the men and less drama IMO. The leads seem to take it more seriously too instead of just enjoying being playboys.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:11 pm

IMO, the American show could be more successful if they got rid of the Fantasy Suites and the pressure to propose. When there is an engagement, ATFR the focus is on when are they getting married - too much pressure. Also 4 months in secret is a long time. Just comparing to AUS - 3 (maybe 4?) out of 5 are still together - no weddings yet, although 1 coming up. It is all pretty damaging when you think about it so perhaps the show has run its course. JMO

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:21 pm

I was thinking today that perhaps nick and Vanessa might've had an easier ride without the engagement pressure. Though hopefully it will turn out to have been a blessing in disguise down the road?
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:29 pm

IMO they are not worried about pleasing anyone with wedding details. That's out of the question for now. Nick has said they have not even made a dinner reservation, they won't talk weddings. When asked in one of the countless interviews about a televised wedding, they never really discussed it but of course something to think about if asked. Nick said there's a long line of others who deserve it before them.

Although I agree there shouldn't be an engagement, I much prefer the engaged couples wait as long as they want, if in fact they want to get married at all. I wish media would stop asking those questions. If there were plans, they wouldn't divulge them anyway.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 52 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

+83
happygolucky
Seabear
Luvstruck
Dessler
Linds911