SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Page 69 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

foundation - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 69 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by Nibbles22 Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:10 pm

Nick's life is his own, and he should do with it as he pleases.  He should pursue any dreams and goals he has yet to achieve.
That's what we all do with our lives, or what we should do.  JMO

I wish him all the best in all of his endeavors.  blowkiss
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

foundation - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 69 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:15 pm

Nibbles22 wrote:Nick's life is his own, and he should do with it as he pleases.  He should pursue any dreams and goals he has yet to achieve.
That's what we all do with our lives, or what we should do.  JMO

I wish him all the best in all of his endeavors.  blowkiss

Well said! yes  ITA and would add that I truly hope Nick does pursue any dreams or goals he has and lives his life to the fullest. A life half lived without trying for fear of failure is no life at all. 

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:29 pm

happydays wrote:I understand making the most of your 'platform', but honestly, there's a point where you have to get serious and stop. Nick is definitely in that boat.

Running a charity and starting up a business* is not a sure source of $$$$. Vanessa's shilling is the only $$ stream that is visible to us as an audience so far.

* = Nick is not actively promoting this (compare to Vanessa promoting her foundation), it is almost forgotten amongst its 'bachelor' audience by now, business model is likely to lead people to unsubscribe (same products each month & pricey) and business model is not sustainable (it's selling point is the 'Nick' look essentially, it has nothing else going for it....this is not a long-term strategy).

I studied business and actively watch shark tank. IMO this business will fail. I will not bore you all with the further cost details that I have gathered about it that has led me to this conclusion.

I agree about his business. I wish him all the success, but the first time I looked at the Polished Gent site, I could've listed 10 things that are wrong with it IMO and I haven't even studied business. It just doesn't seem very thought through especially considering how long they've been working on it. JMO. I hope I'm wrong though.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:22 am

what happened to the business he was working on? any updates?
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:32 am

bleuberry wrote:Is this his midlife crisis? Oh Nick. He seems so... blah and unhappy lately.

LOL seriously @bleuberry get out of my head! giggling I feel like I should just go around and echo everything you say...cos this is exactly what I've thought about Nick since right after BIP. He seemed unhappy even when announcing his engagement imo I sincerely hope I'm wrong and/or he figures things out if this really is a mid-life crisis. There are a lot of tech software companies in California even if he starts picking things up part time. imo I do get the sense tho that he thinks he's now some sort of "star" and above a traditional job (again I hope I'm wrong). imo He seems to have had fame mess with his head...and I really thought he was the last person that would allow that. Wishing him and Vanessa the best. all imo
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:36 am

emusha wrote:what happened to the business he was working on? any updates?

Still there far as I can see. Couldn't tell you about it's success or failure thus far because it's not my company so not really my job to know. Regarding the acting thing, the story says this is a 3-6 week course. Now I'm not saying Nick may not have some delusions of being the next Ryan Reynolds since he is after all sometimes called a bootleg Ryan Reynolds based on their slightly similar looks. That said, there are many reasons a person can take an acting class that doesn't include actually wanting to become some star and a full time actor.

Acting classes help a person improve their communication skills, diction (and how much does Nick get criticized for his mumbling), public speaking abilities, ease on camera, ability to emote on camera, etc. All of these things are tools that can be used even if a person's not an actor. Nick may want to host something or do appearances to promote his business since he is a salesman after all. Cameron Mathison who was actually an actor on a soap opera, after it was cancelled, moved to being a full time entertainment reporter on Entertainment Tonight. Maybe Nick wants to purse something in that avenue.

All I'm saying is that it's not an absolute that just because someone takes acting classes that it means they think they can be some legitimate actor. JMO

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia620 Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:50 am

^ I agree with what you are saying, but the article mentioned comedy training. Why would he need comedy training?

Viall has enrolled in a 4-6 week intensive acting course, with a class once a week to learn the basics of acting before moving into comedy training.
Stacia620
Stacia620

Female Posts : 1221

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:05 am

It sounds like after the acting course, a person moves into comedy training. Almost like the acting course is a prerequisite for the comedy training, but I might have read it wrong. Still, even if includes comedy training, my point still stands because comedy training for example teaches someone to think well on their feet because it often includes improv. Just to be clear,

I'm not saying Nick isn't looking to do something in entertainment and I think that is exactly why he would take a course like this. I'm just saying I don't think it means he necessarily wants to be an actor or actually believes he can be an actor. But even hosting a show or I don't know doing something like Entertainment Tonight, you'd be surprised how an acting class would help considerably.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:07 am

emusha wrote:what happened to the business he was working on? any updates?
The website is still up but the Instagram account for it hasn't posted a picture since June 7th. He has still been tagging it in recent photos though. I was looking at the account and he has a few photos of various big name celebrities up on it. However, they havent promoted his company. I hope he got permission to use their photos to market his business, because if not, that is a major no no. Michael Jordan, one of the celebrities, once sued a grocery store for using him in a store ad for a steak and was awarded almost 10 million.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:34 am

Nick as an actor, comedian or entertainment host is totally laughable IMO.  But then again, Stallone mumbled his way to millions and Mario Lopez starred as a comedy actor and has cheesed his way hosting, so anything's possible.  

There are tons of bad successful actors, comedians and TV hosts in L.A.  Go for it Nicky boy.  We know you did it all for luvvvve.   laugh out loud  

I wouldn't give him one thin dime for that business though. No, just no.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane781 Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:05 am

Unless he is lying, and IMO honesty is something I've always seen from Nick, I think there's more to the business than we see. On the podcast with Millsy and Julia Cunningham a month or so back it sounded like they had some things lined up and he indicated on the podcast with Juliet Litman a couple days ago that things are going well and they have been on backorder but that they keep a small inventory. Our definition of the company being a success and his may be two different things. Just my opinion.

I honestly see the classes as more of a general training for anything that may come his way. I would assume it's something that could benefit people in a lot of different ways. Nick said on the podcast with Juliet Litman that he's not closing the door on anything except being the subject of reality tv dealing with his love life. He also said that he's okay with never being on tv again and he is not just going to do something for the sake of being on tv. I think that goes along with what nick had always said, which is that he's open to/will take advantage of the opportunities that come his way if he decides they make sense, are worth the risk, etc.

Re: him being above working a "normal" job, IMO very few people would choose to work a 9-5 job if they didn't have to, so I see nothing wrong with that. I don't think he is hurting for money. I don't see him and Vanessa as big spenders, so I'd assume dancing alone gives them a sizable cushion considering he was clearly supporting himself in LA before the bachelor or DWTS.

Jane781

Back to top Go down

Post by happydays Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:00 am

IMO I think he thinks he is funnier than he actually is

happydays

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

+82
KB_Mom
Lennoxcolinrolland
jen689
Kristina V
Jane781