SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8

Page 60 of 66 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8 - Page 60 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8

Post by sosleepy Sat May 20, 2017 6:56 pm

All I know is that every relationship - it takes two to tango. The deamonizing of Lauren to prop up Saint Ben as the holy one who can do no wrong - that's what I take issues with. JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8 - Page 60 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8

Post by Cocoasneeze Sat May 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Lauren agreed to do HEA, IMO to get to marry Ben, and document their wedding journey. Imo Ben was absolutely in the wrong publicly cancelling the wedding, and then in tens of interviews saying how they're closer to getting married than ever, even when they were actually broken up. Imo I would actually call that cruel, rubbing salt to the wound. Seriously, when she was packing up her stuff, he was giving interviews how they were closer than ever and ready to get married. Lauren gets called Shady for her 'girls' caption, but Imo that was very passive aggressive from Ben. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat May 20, 2017 7:10 pm

sosleepy wrote:All I know is that every relationship - it takes two to tango. The deamonizing of Lauren to prop up Saint Ben as the holy one who can do no wrong - that's what I take issues with. JMO.

I have not done that. I do think it is entirely possible that Ben was excited about the marriage at the beginning of filming HEA and as they filmed and learned more and more he began to fear.

And Lauren and Ben both said he apologized about the two ILYs. If once was not enough then too bad. It was Ben's process. He was in love with two women, to me refusing to minimize it was showing some integrity at that time he did love both. But then he chose Lauren. Chris supported and loved Des through hearing Des tell Brooks she loved him and wanting to leave without him. Chris accepted that once Des chose him they moved forward. This is why I say the choice to accept and move on was Lauren's and not Ben's. IMO, Des's actions and words to Brooks were much worse than what Ben did with JoJo. The love and commitment in Chris's heart helped them to move on.

Just my opinion, but I think Lauren enjoyed playing the victim. IMO, she does this a lot.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat May 20, 2017 7:17 pm

I haven't heard anything about Ben apologising. That's been my biggest gripe with him since his season, so I think I would've noticed if it had been mentioned. IIRC he's never even acknowledged that it was a stupid thing to do, just said he doesn't regret it because it led him to Lauren or whatever, which is just selfish to me. I don't care if he felt it and meant it, he shouldn't have said it two people knowing he can only pick one, because it's highly misleading. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by ukglasgowkiiss Sat May 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Oh lord I hope tptb don't have more plans in store for Ben. Cripes. I just think they were both as immature as each other in their own ways. Perhaps this might alert them both to the realities of making a relationship work. Imo as someone who was simply watching from afar- the one doing the most selling of the whole relationship seemed to be Ben.
The fact he wanted to keep their calling off the wedding quiet when they met CH during HEA & then when the stag party started off.  Doing things to please others, to maintain the golden couple facade despite their being deep cracks. Then the fact Lauren seemed to lose her identity & then get 'really' into her celebrity image and blogging. It doesnt really matter now - it's a sad thing when an engagement ends. I still think if they hadnt agreed to do HEA then they might hv had more of a chance to be a normal couple. But at the end of the day they just were not suited.
For me it highlighted how clever tb team are at constructing a fantasy as the people they came across as during tb bore little resemblance to the people they were during HEA.
'You are my person' is still a beautiful phrase. Lauren will find her person one day.
All jmho.

#TeamLove rose bud  peace  

'[b]For the open window for a bare forehead              
I said it to you for your thoughts for your words
Every caress every trust survives
.'   (Paul Elouard)1
ukglasgowkiiss
ukglasgowkiiss

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat May 20, 2017 7:28 pm

I am no fan of Lauren but to me the fact that media is already talking about Ben becoming the bachelor again says it all to me... Ben is just the vanilla/Disney/perfect Ben who will get chance after chance after chance because he's just a such a "good" guy who is just the victim of life and love and imo has to retweet his sanctimonious self-righteous quote to ensure that everyone knows just how humble he is with his suffering (but of course that suffering is for his ultimate gain as his tweet suggests imo *insert rolling eyes*). TBH I am just over him already and to me the only thing authentic about Ben IMO is his need to put on a facade.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Sat May 20, 2017 7:46 pm

I can already imagine the storyboard. Will Ben go for someone that's "too perfect" this time or someone that's totally different. Will he love them both? Will she say yes? Find out on the next season of The Bachelor. *rolls eyes
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Mgrissom Sat May 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Cila51290 wrote:I can already imagine the storyboard. Will Ben go for someone that's "too perfect" this time or someone that's totally different. Will he love them both? Will she say yes? Find out on the next season of The Bachelor.  *rolls eyes

Please NO!!! I think there should be a requirement that men must be at least 30 years old to go on this show.

Mgrissom

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat May 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Ugh, if they give boring Ben a second season I swear I will stop watching. Do. not. want!
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat May 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Ben 2.0 Help us all! giggling

Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Surely they can find other men to fill that slot. Enough of Ben already!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat May 20, 2017 8:09 pm

I pray they wouldn't ask him and I really pray he wouldn't agree if they did. There are plenty of other eligible candidate. Pick one.

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8 - Page 60 87b72b10 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8 - Page 60 86669110 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8 - Page 60 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 60 of 66 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8

+67
ukglasgowkiiss
beader
maya213
Stacia620
Lennoxcolinrolland