SELECT CONTENT

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6  - Page 13 Empty Re: Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

Post by Cocoasneeze Sat May 20, 2017 12:42 pm

People are reading too much to her sm, dragged her for 'shading' Ben, when it wasn't her intention, and she feels bad about it **IMO**. Of course she deleted the caption after that. The girl is not cruel, and her post turned to a 'Shady post'. She simply cannot win, her every sm post is going to be torn apart, just because she dared to break up (imo) with perfect Ben. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6  - Page 13 Empty Re: Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

Post by Mommyof2 Sat May 20, 2017 1:13 pm

Lauren, you signed up for this public scrutiny, so now you have to deal with it. IMO, she should let the trolls say what they want (free speech) and ignore them. She is reminding me a bit of Becca calling out her those who are not fans. It makes you look even more foolish, so my advice would be to just shhhhh....
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat May 20, 2017 1:29 pm

I get tired of the "she/they/whoever signed up for this, so deal" argument. It ignores the bigger picture here - the horrible SM society and the assery that exists there. Relatively new phenomena for our society and culture. Its bullying. It's easier said than done to say - "just deal with it." It's a problem.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Sat May 20, 2017 1:33 pm

Well IMO it was expected that Lauren would get a lot of hate once the breakup was official. After all, Ben is the “perfect” one.  Rolling Eyes

I don’t think it is possible to ignore this amount of negativity. What she should do IMO is to hire a friend as “troll exterminator”, to go on her IG account and quietly block all accounts with hateful comments (and just remove the more benign negativity). After doing that daily for a week or so I think that some boundaries would be established.
The trolls can go elsewhere and practice their free speech. All JMO.

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat May 20, 2017 1:39 pm

That is one of the downsides of SM. Another negative would be countless hours sitting and staring at a screen instead of doing something more productive. Anyway, my point is anyone who is in the public eye is going to have to deal with trolls and negative comments. The best thing to do is to let it slide or she is just giving the trolls more ammo. Jmho.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Sat May 20, 2017 1:42 pm

Ben has received a fair share of hate on his Instagram as well. It definitely hasn't been one sided Imo.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat May 20, 2017 1:43 pm

Fwiw, I'm not a fan of Ben either. laugh out loud
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by simon1781 Sat May 20, 2017 1:49 pm

I feel really bad for Lauren . IMO She definitely can't ever win . If she ignores the hate comments and fan vs trolls start fighting , then it's her job to butt in and stop it . When she replies back to bullies , it is because it's affecting her and instead she should turn off her comments section. And when she turns off her comment section than ppl are like Oh, if you want to be in spotlight should take everything with pinch of salt and should accept both good and bad. How could she turn it off ?? Blah blah. Wow, it stuns me .

simon1781

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Sat May 20, 2017 1:55 pm

I just hate the idea that being bullied is something anyone should quietly accept. That’s why I think she should discretely fight back. For the principle if nothing else.

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Sat May 20, 2017 2:05 pm

sosleepy wrote:I get tired of the "she/they/whoever signed up for this, so deal" argument. It ignores the bigger picture here - the horrible SM society and the assery that exists there. Relatively new phenomena for our society and culture. Its bullying. It's easier said than done to say - "just deal with it." It's a problem.

It is a dangerous and slippery slope in my opinion. The same thing happened when Tyler Oakley competed on The Amazing Race. All he did was block some twitter followers who were saying borderline homophobic and hateful things and so many acted like since he made a career on social media, starting with a You Tube channel and chose to go on another reality show with TAR, then he needed to just accept that hate came with the fans and that he, Tyler was being entitled for blocking and being offended by these people.

I just think for me, where does the line get drawn? Because by that token you can say anyone who chose a career that put them in the public eye should just accept that. But then you have a situation like Leslie Jones where she was full on harassed by a racist and his equally hateful minions and twitter did nothing. Take away the anonymity and hiding behind a computer/mobile screen and say someone was saying these things to Lauren's or anyone's face as they walked down a street and saying it repeatedly. Would people say, "well you chose to go on a reality show so whatever?" Or would that be seen as harassment?

Of course they wouldn't because these are are sad and pathetic people with way too much time on their hands and who hide behind these screens because they're pathetic cowards. There are many people from this franchise that I don't care for or plain have zero interest in and I can tell you for a fact that I have never followed any of them much less god forbid, comment on their pages. Like who has that much time? And yeah, I don't suggest any of the Bachelor Nation people obsess about it or give it too much power but I do think it's a bit harsh I guess to basically act like anyone who chooses to go on a reality show needs to just shut up and accept the most hateful comments because well they asked for it, I guess. I am just uncomfortable with that increasing level of normalizing hate and essentially bullying, IMO.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat May 20, 2017 2:58 pm

People in Hollywood deal with this on a daily basis. A good example is "Celebrity Mean Tweets" on JKL. These "real" celebrities have learned the art of dealing with the rude comments. They laugh. They ignore them. They take the high road. They know this is part of being in the public eye. In the end, they end up looking way more mature than the trolls that are constantly hurling insults. Jmo.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat May 20, 2017 3:02 pm

hae1001 wrote:Ben has received a fair share of hate on his Instagram as well. It definitely hasn't been one sided Imo.

Of course. The Lo fans are out in full force defending someone they have never even met.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

+77
Aria
chrissy1295
wizzy_mom
nikikass
makeover