SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins -  Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 41 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by Duke702 Wed May 31, 2017 12:08 pm

Ben as the Bachelor a second time would be ridiculous, he's no where near ready to be engaged again. No No No. People should only be the lead once. Brad Womack was twice was fail...never again.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins -  Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 41 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by hannah.e. Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 pm

IMO, Ben doesn't even want to be the Bachelor again. In his latest podcast with Ashley they briefly mentioned (no spoilers) depending on how far Dean makes it, they could see him as the next Bachelor. Ben also liked a tweet that said Jared should be the Bachelor. Not to mention he said it's very unlikely that he'd do any Bachelor show. IMO, if anything he'd host After Paradise or something like that. IMO, Ben's match won't be found from the Bachelor. The types they're casting the last couple seasons are pretty alike IMO - say they're there for love but the fame is what drives them post-show.

hannah.e.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed May 31, 2017 2:48 pm

^
That to me sounds a lot like what Ben is doing. He's enjoying his single life without restrictions and restraints, and loving the fame part of the show. Imo his words and actions back this up. He begged fans to not forget him, he's doing a podcast with a huge pr tour. Jmo

What's the difference between every other fame ho from this show, and Ben? Nothing, IMO.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by sweeti810 Wed May 31, 2017 2:55 pm

Cocoasneeze wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:I honestly just can't with this guy. His (imo) sanctimonious and pious "humility" is so fake to me. As is him giving advice and talking about representing Christ and and I just can't even with his whole "the last few months have not gone the way I preferred" statement. Seriously dude. Take some responsibility and ownership for your OWN actions instead of looking at things not going your way. So selfish and self-absorbed IMO and totally lacking accountability or any real self-reflection or growth other than Ben still thinking his stuff don't stink, again IMO. It's like he just took some inspirational quotes and threw them together in his little statement. And again, if there is only a "small" minority criticizing then no need to worry about making statements. The fact that this guy who literally had the media talking about him being the Bachelor AGAIN right after his breakup is all bent out of shape because some people don't care for him that he posts about it? Talk about totally losing grip with reality and having too high of an opinion of himself IMO. This dude has had it the easiest of any recent contestant IMO and yet he still whines  Rolling Eyes

I completely agree. I HATE when these contestants bring out the religion card in the Instagram. What on earth does him being a Christian have to with anything? It comes across as self righteous, 'better than', humble brag.

All Ben said was, "Personally, my basis for judging myself is simple, if I do something that doesn’t represent Christ then I will listen to the opinions and words from family and friends who know me best and love me. I do desire (by the direction of family and peers) to become a better person daily. I know some will not agree with my intentions but in all things my pursuit is to represent Christ better."

IMO, this isn't bragging at all. He's just saying that he lives for Christ and he wants to do his best to represent him. IMO, Ben being Christian has everything to do with who he is. IMO, that's how it is for most people who believe and practice their faith. There's nothing wrong with him talking about it. If it makes him who he is, why should he have to hide it?

sweeti810

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Wed May 31, 2017 4:38 pm

Honestly I really think the attention and fame gets in your head and screws with you ...the smartest ppl keep a safe distance from it after being a part of this show....those who are sucked in with the allure might be changed forthwith.... case in point: Chris S, Nick V, Sean etc. **IMO** the ego stroking that comes with the attention imo can be unhealthy if not handled well and Ben has ended up making the stupidest mistakes like calling his wedding on-off-on-off on TV because of it imo
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed May 31, 2017 8:57 pm

sweeti810 wrote:
Cocoasneeze wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:I honestly just can't with this guy. His (imo) sanctimonious and pious "humility" is so fake to me. As is him giving advice and talking about representing Christ and and I just can't even with his whole "the last few months have not gone the way I preferred" statement. Seriously dude. Take some responsibility and ownership for your OWN actions instead of looking at things not going your way. So selfish and self-absorbed IMO and totally lacking accountability or any real self-reflection or growth other than Ben still thinking his stuff don't stink, again IMO. It's like he just took some inspirational quotes and threw them together in his little statement. And again, if there is only a "small" minority criticizing then no need to worry about making statements. The fact that this guy who literally had the media talking about him being the Bachelor AGAIN right after his breakup is all bent out of shape because some people don't care for him that he posts about it? Talk about totally losing grip with reality and having too high of an opinion of himself IMO. This dude has had it the easiest of any recent contestant IMO and yet he still whines  Rolling Eyes

I completely agree. I HATE when these contestants bring out the religion card in the Instagram. What on earth does him being a Christian have to with anything? It comes across as self righteous, 'better than', humble brag.

All Ben said was, "Personally, my basis for judging myself is simple, if I do something that doesn’t represent Christ then I will listen to the opinions and words from family and friends who know me best and love me. I do desire (by the direction of family and peers) to become a better person daily. I know some will not agree with my intentions but in all things my pursuit is to represent Christ better."

IMO, this isn't bragging at all. He's just saying that he lives for Christ and he wants to do his best to represent him. IMO, Ben being Christian has everything to do with who he is. IMO, that's how it is for most people who believe and practice their faith. There's nothing wrong with him talking about it. If it makes him who he is, why should he have to hide it?

Imo it came off to me as self praising in the post where he posted it. It made no sense, IMO in that post. He's talking about the negativity he receives, and brings on his religion. To me it made no sense at all.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:09 am

IMO Ben seems to really worry about being seen as having a "regular" job and just doing these "fame" things on the "side" -- on the "side" meaning: 2 TV shows where he is a lead, another where he is the bach-lead edit contestant, some more TV appearances on various other shows, a cameo on FIL show, hosting another show, and countless other stuff including his now podcast with Ashley I.

It's so ridiculous to me how Ben tries to justify his motives for everything he does and he judges himself by his MOTIVES (because jmo but of course his motives to himself are always as pure as the driven snow  Rolling Eyes )

Seriously Ben, I couldn't care less what job you have or don't have or whether it's a "regular" one or "fame" one... it's what I see as your smug, sanctimonious, self-absorbed, self-entitled, whiny attitude that I can't stand.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:25 am

rofl cantstopl at Ben writing an essay the first time he saw some negative comments directed at him. If only he had cared about someone other than himself and stood by 'his person' and been a supportive partner when she was getting trashed online, maybe they would still be together and the chain of events which led to this negativity would have never happened IMO.

Lauren deserves better IMO so I am glad she is out. You will find your person in due time, Lauren. Ben's person is Ben and unless he grows up, that'll remain IMO.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweeti810 Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:13 pm

I enjoyed this article from E! News...

"Bachelor Nation Take Note: How Ben Higgins Is Handling a Public Breakup the Right Way"
http://m.eonline.com/news/858295/bachelor-nation-take-note-how-ben-higgins-is-handling-a-public-breakup-the-right-way

sweeti810

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:58 pm

sweeti810 wrote:I enjoyed this article from E! News...

"Bachelor Nation Take Note: How Ben Higgins Is Handling a Public Breakup the Right Way"
http://m.eonline.com/news/858295/bachelor-nation-take-note-how-ben-higgins-is-handling-a-public-breakup-the-right-way

I just eye rolled so hard that now I have a headache.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:03 pm

The media needs to stop trying to make Ben happen. So over it!
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:10 pm

At least they acknowledge he's been very public since the break up laugh out loud. Quote after quote after quote. dizzy

Ben Higgins -  Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 41 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

+80
Babescake
Chgohighlife
LoveDovez
mysthelma
Murakamee