SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Page 22 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 11:58 am

bleuberry wrote:Wut?!  hissyfit

RealitySteve @RealitySteve
Here's one note about the first episode I didn't share today: none of Rachel's final 4 have intro videos. Don't think that's ever happened.

That is interesting. Very interesting.

Back to top Go down

LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by TLTF Thu May 18, 2017 12:02 pm

Yes I posted this on Peter thread! I was so looking forward for his intro sad

#TeamPeter LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 22 1f495
#TeamRachel LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 22 1f495
TLTF
TLTF

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Thu May 18, 2017 12:04 pm

Lol. She is soooo happy. That must be extra irritating for the people who don't like her. The criticism will be extra, but those people do not matter.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Thu May 18, 2017 12:07 pm

julychild wrote:Lol. She is soooo happy. That must be extra irritating for the people who don't like her. The criticism will be extra, but those people do not matter.

:yes: :yes:

ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 12:14 pm

BachelorBabe512 wrote:@ReneeM IA Rachel won't be able to please everyone.  If she had answered the question by saying I don't know, plenty of people would find fault with that too considering she's the first.  It's a hard line to toe, trying to represent yourself as an individual while people are seeing you as a representative for an entire group.  JMO

I totally agree. I don't love her answer because it lets the producers off the hook, but at the same time, they're also the ones putting her in this position so she can't exactly call them out for not casting a POC sooner.

And I'm glad Rachel knows her worth and is genuine about it. I appreciate her confidence and sincerity so much more than Nick's carefully crafted PR statements about how he had to think really hard about doing the Bachelor before agreeing to it when it is clear that he would have dropped everything to do the Bachelor, imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by TLTF Thu May 18, 2017 12:15 pm

An other one ! EDIT : Oops this one were already posted right?

Ps: He calls her Rach awwwww

And another one

Last edited by TLTF on Thu May 18, 2017 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

#TeamPeter LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 22 1f495
#TeamRachel LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 22 1f495
TLTF
TLTF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 12:17 pm

BachelorBabe512 wrote:At least 100 if not more.  She was an upperclassmen when I was a freshman.  UT is a huge school, 50k students; but the black student population is small.  Most of us tend to know each other.

I love this! Much like Peter, I've seen people who have known her in the past say only nothing but nice things about her. It's funny because the same definitely can not be said for past leads of the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 18, 2017 12:18 pm

julychild wrote:Lol. She is soooo happy. That must be extra irritating for the people who don't like her. The criticism will be extra, but those people do not matter.

Re the bold. Of course. This should be the same for all contestants leads and F1 IMHO. It has always been my POV I don't understand why they care about the negative comments from people they don't know.

For me, it's not irritating at all, that she appears happy. I always want to see a happy lead, whether I care for them or not. If someone begrudges someone else because of their happiness that to me is plain wrong. Just like Rachel not wishing Vanessa and Nick best wishes, but only specifically Nick.

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Thu May 18, 2017 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Siah Thu May 18, 2017 12:18 pm

moviechicka wrote:I don't like Andi and I like Rachel, but in their jobs women often have to be seen as strong in order to be taken seriously. Andi's turned into arrogance, but Rachel seems like a genuinely confident person. I don't think her answer made her appear "above it all." I think she honestly believes that because of the way the show is historically cast they had to wait for the right person. Could she have just said "I don't know?" Maybe. But she does know just as everyone who was interviewing her knows, but they also know that she can't give the real answer.

Also, there's this very really saying among black women, particularly professional black women, that we have to work twice as hard for half as much. What some see as arrogance is actually confidence. She is bad azz in the best possible way.

And when you are the first at anything, particularly when race is at issue, you often have to be significantly better than anyone else. Nick was an unemployed guy who had been on 3 different versions of The Bachelor. Rachel's a lawyer, daughter of a federal judge, and has a pretty lovely personality.

As a black woman in the IT field. I cannot agree more. :claphands
Siah
Siah

Female Posts : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 12:21 pm

I love those interviews.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 12:24 pm

I liked how Chris Harrison contextualized Rachel's personality by grounding it in her being in a profession that demands control and confidence. He always seems to enjoy doing the Bachelorette more than the Bachelor. And you can tell he has a real fondness for Rachel, just like he had for Jojo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 12:25 pm

Is CH not from Dallas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

+57
kimberlyg
sweeti810
gurlbrit
Mia_Leoni
SueSt
maya213
Bullwinkle
Rosepetal
Hotmomma
AllAboutLove
nutty1