SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Fashion Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay &  Bryan Abasolo - Fashion Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Fashion Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Wed May 31, 2017 11:33 pm

I personally like the braids. The top bun was a bit high, but I doubt the bun stays permanently. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay &  Bryan Abasolo - Fashion Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Fashion Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:42 am

Bach/ette wrote:
provenceguy wrote:Oooooh, I do not like Rachel's "summer braids" & the big pile of  them on top of her head. Pic is on people.com
Braids are a very common protective summer style for black women. The bun should've been smaller, but it was probably just for one day. As a WOC, it does bother me when black hairstyles are put down in favor of eurocentric styles that require damaging chemicals or heat on the hair. I think she looks beautiful and braids will be way easier for her to maintain compared to straightening her hair every week and putting a weave in. IMO, she probably underwent a lot of damage from getting her hair styled everyday during filming, her hair probably needs a break.

My opinion has nothing to do with the colour of her skin and lets not make this all about that. I'm not putting her down, I'm posting my personal opinion on that style. I don't care what she or any other former leads did to their hair as far as damage, it's the style I'm talking about.  If anyone else had that style, I still wouldn't like it. It doesn't even look professional IMHO. I live in a very diverse community, all my life. I have seen some pretty awesome braids before they were even popular, her's doesn't look good at all IMHO.

ETA: what if this is a disguise for her summer travelling??

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:45 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
Bach/ette wrote:
provenceguy wrote:Oooooh, I do not like Rachel's "summer braids" & the big pile of  them on top of her head. Pic is on people.com
Braids are a very common protective summer style for black women. The bun should've been smaller, but it was probably just for one day. As a WOC, it does bother me when black hairstyles are put down in favor of eurocentric styles that require damaging chemicals or heat on the hair. I think she looks beautiful and braids will be way easier for her to maintain compared to straightening her hair every week and putting a weave in. IMO, she probably underwent a lot of damage from getting her hair styled everyday during filming, her hair probably needs a break.

My opinion has nothing to do with the colour of her skin and lets not make this all about that. I'm not putting her down, I'm posting my personal opinion on that style. I don't care what she or any other former leads did to their hair as far as damage, it's the style I'm talking about.  If anyone else had that style, I still wouldn't like it. It doesn't even look professional IMHO. I live in a very diverse community, all my life. I have seen some pretty awesome braids before they were even popular, her's doesn't look good at all IMHO.

Well I have been a hairstylist since the 60's and to me it doesn't look professionally done..almost to me it looks like a wig JMO!
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by jjjami Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:47 am

Bach/ette wrote:

Would love to see it without the bun too. Her braids are a nice change, it actually makes her look younger too. Which I didn't think could be possible because Rachel looks like she could be in her mid 20s.

#TeamBigRach
#TeamPeter

jjjami

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:58 am

I like the braids too. All she did was twist the braids in a bun, that part can be easily let down. Very pretty

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:59 am

I'm a fan of this new look too!
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:58 am

I would love to see her with some soft bang personally.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:27 am

I love the hair, and looking at the base of the extension braids and the parting pattern, it looks professionally done to me. Perhaps the bun is throwing the look off for some.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:34 am

I'm sure she got her hair done and didn't try to attempt it at home laugh out loud I like the look! It's fun and summery imo. And especially if she did it to protect her hair, I can totally get behind it! She's such an adorable lady Smiley

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:37 am

IMO in my experience those braids are totally professionally done. They look really well done. I agree that she needed a break from all the damage her hair likely underwent during filming with the weaves and the heat. I doubt she'll wear the bun everyday, braids are actually super versatile and I'm excited to see all the ways she rocks them.

Rachel Lindsay &  Bryan Abasolo - Fashion Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 5 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:49 am

Kashathediva wrote:I would love to see her with some soft bang personally.

Not everyone can achieve that look without serious effort and hair damage. Speaking as someone who was dying to have bangs growing up, but had no chance with naturally curly hair. I'm all for people working with their natural texture and focusing on making their hair as healthy as possible rather than trying to force it into an unnatural shape. I think Rachel looks really cute with braids!
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by TLTF Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:43 am

I love it too and it looks like it's made professionally to me! It's perfect for summer and it reminds me of Kelly Rowland who was rocking this protrective style not too long ago! Love it Rachel Lindsay &  Bryan Abasolo - Fashion Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 5 1f60d

#TeamPeter Rachel Lindsay &  Bryan Abasolo - Fashion Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 5 1f495
#TeamRachel Rachel Lindsay &  Bryan Abasolo - Fashion Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 5 1f495
TLTF
TLTF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Fashion Thread - Fan Forum - Discussion

+17
sosleepy
Hotmomma
stuckinsc
provenceguy
jjjami