SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 53 of 55 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 53 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 9:33 pm

I'm so confused. TPTB control editing and what is and isn't shown on the show, so we shouldn't take anything for granted. How exactly is Rachel supposed to control what gets shown on the show? Particularly when it concerns cross-network promotion? Puzzling, imo.

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 53 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 23, 2017 9:48 pm

Wait a minute. This is totally ridiculous reasoning. I will add an IMO for graciousness.
First, she was on Ellen to promote the show. Correct? How do we think she got on the show to begin with elves? A fairy god mother? It was through TPTB sanctioning it.
Secondly, a date was on the show? Correct? Was a date on the show or am I totally losing it? A date was on the show yes? So--MF and CO had a date go on the show (not a hostage of a 1 on 1 but a large group date too with a limo transport!) right?
So absolutely could that wine glass and that pr of shoes taken a spot on any table for any 5 sec spot on that first episode. I don't want to lose my rationale or sanity here. A true mountain is being made of a mole hill.  There is no reason in HE77 those shoes and wine glass could not made a cameo appearance IMO if Adam JR could make an appearance, a penguin could make an appearance, an wha boom could make multiple appearances. Shame on production and shame on the lead. no no
ETAI would be willing to bet it was NOT edited out.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue May 23, 2017 9:52 pm

I'm not gonna blame Rachel for something she probably had zero say in. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by missnana Tue May 23, 2017 9:52 pm

I was bored through out the episode.Not sure if it's the show getting uninteresting or just me getting older laugh out loud imo This season is not exciting for me personally, waiting for bip
missnana
missnana

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 23, 2017 9:53 pm

This has no say. All she had to do was place them on the table. Nothing had to be said. Nothing had to be said, mentioned etc. Nothing.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue May 23, 2017 9:56 pm

How do we even know she was in possession of the shoes? Perhaps some producer took them after the Ellen show and Rachel didn't even have them to put somewhere/wear/use? I'd like some interviewer to ask rachel about it before I assume the worst. JMO

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 53 87b72b10 Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 53 86669110 Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 53 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue May 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Kashathediva wrote:This has no say. All she had to do was place them on the table. Nothing had to be said. Nothing had to be said, mentioned etc. Nothing.

I doubt she even had them. I would bet her handlers took them somewhere after the Ellen appearance and she hasn't seen them since. Since when does the lead get to produce the show and bring their own props? Even if she did, they won't show anything they don't want to show. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Tue May 23, 2017 10:05 pm

The episode guide says the guys did the strip show on Ellen to raise money for charity. Perhaps since they couldn't permit Ellen branded items on the show, they met with Ellen producers and raised the money another way. Ellen gets her publicity and Rachel's charity gets their money.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue May 23, 2017 10:05 pm

This show micro manages and very little of it is spontaneous IMO. Rachel randomly placing Ellen merchandise around the house wouldn't fly IMO.

Also when I watched it at the time, I figured no way would it actually happen, but it was a fun idea laugh out loud.

Last edited by bleuberry on Tue May 23, 2017 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 53 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by jjjami Tue May 23, 2017 10:06 pm

mindless wrote:I'm not gonna blame Rachel for something she probably had zero say in. JMO.

:claphands :yes:

exactly.

@bleuberry that's exactly how I felt as well I was like: yeah legally, that can't happen. abc will not allow it. haha. I do agree it was a fun interview though. Smiley (imo)

If people haven't noticed it's pretty much why you never see contestants wearing items of clothing with logos on them. Or even see any form of merch with logos on them. imo

Last edited by jjjami on Tue May 23, 2017 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

#TeamBigRach
#TeamPeter

jjjami

Back to top Go down

Post by BachelorBabe512 Tue May 23, 2017 10:07 pm

As far as I'm concerned, I simply don't have enough information to determine if Rachel had the automony to make that decision nor the agency to carry it out. I don't know if those items were placed and then later cut on the editing floor. I don't know if those items weren't allowed to be placed due to broadcast network cross-promotion issues. There are a lot of other possible reasons as to why those items weren't shown on episode 1, including maybe Rachel just didn't want to. I really do not believe that's the reason and am aware my opinion may be in the minority. But I just don't feel I have enough evidence to rush to judgment on the matter. All JMO

BachelorBabe512

Female Posts : 272

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue May 23, 2017 10:09 pm

I am shook....I read all the time how TPTB controls the show's edit so even if Rachel wanted to do it, IMO the show would still have to approve it. I am not on SM but maybe someone can tweet Millsy to ask why the Ellen shoes and wine glass didn't make an appearance on the show....jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 55 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+52
BachelorBabe512
flojo031
LEMONADE
pavalygurl
Bee