SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7

Page 15 of 79 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7 - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:31 pm

stuckinsc wrote:The thing to remember is we only see the part of the interactions they show us. Perhaps she had great conversation with Bryan. Why weren't we shown any of the massage? That stuff is usually MF's gravy, maybe possibly they had a real conversation that went against him just being a * lover? I don't know. Just like we only got a small piece of the Peter dinner conversation. We are seeing highly edited, very choppy scenes.

I like Rachel, I think she is intelligent and so far seems a pretty good judge of the guys. She likes Bryan, so I am assuming there is something there they are not showing us.

This is all JMO.

I dont disagree with this at all. Yes edit plays a part, but he helps them because he always seem to lead with the passion et kiss. Literally starts with a few words then its tongue in her mouth! That is not an edit call. My gripe is that he leads with passion.

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7 - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:38 pm

see2love wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:The thing to remember is we only see the part of the interactions they show us. Perhaps she had great conversation with Bryan. Why weren't we shown any of the massage? That stuff is usually MF's gravy, maybe possibly they had a real conversation that went against him just being a * lover? I don't know. Just like we only got a small piece of the Peter dinner conversation. We are seeing highly edited, very choppy scenes.

I like Rachel, I think she is intelligent and so far seems a pretty good judge of the guys. She likes Bryan, so I am assuming there is something there they are not showing us.

This is all JMO.

I dont disagree with this at all. Yes edit plays a part, but he helps them because he always seem to lead with the passion et kiss. Literally starts with a few words then its tongue in her mouth! That is not an edit call. My gripe is that he leads with passion.

How do you know this is not an edit call? Is this your opinion?
TPTB have a storyline. Sleuthers have actually seen cases where the storyboard has been photo'ed showing this. I have seen photos for 2 different seasons myself, so am aware this is done. Cast have come forth and stated such, also.
So unless someone here is with production, no one is aware of what is storyboarded or what is not. No one is aware of how many takes are being done before a scene is complete either. It's not free filming. Takes are done. Cue cards are used.
Also, in the past what has appeared to be strings of passionate kisses during seasons were actually loops of one or two kisses. Editing can do lots of things.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:46 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
see2love wrote:

This is all JMO.

TPTB have a storyline.  Sleuthers have actually seen cases where the storyboard has been photo'ed showing this.  I have seen photos for 2 different seasons myself, so am aware this is done. Cast have come forth and stated such, also.
So unless someone here is with production, no one is aware of what is storyboarded or what is not.  No one is aware of how many takes are being done before a scene  is complete either. It's not free filming. Takes are done. Cue cards are used.
Also, in the past what has appeared to be strings of passionate kisses during seasons were actually loops of one or two kisses. Editing can do lots of things.

Transcript of their 1-1 time:

B: I just wanna start off by saying I have missed you so much

R: I know, it's so great to see you--

B:  --Oh my god; It's crazy, crazy, first of all--

And then he kisses her.

That was all one shot. I can't speak to if it was reshot or not, but that's how their interaction began.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:48 pm

I guess what I am trying to say is if this is what he is supposed to be doing this is what he is supposed to be doing. This is why he was shown doing this vs discussing quantum physics with Rachel. His edit will be a hot, sizzling edit vs the big, bang theory of attraction.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:49 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
see2love wrote:

This is all JMO.

TPTB have a storyline.  Sleuthers have actually seen cases where the storyboard has been photo'ed showing this.  I have seen photos for 2 different seasons myself, so am aware this is done. Cast have come forth and stated such, also.
So unless someone here is with production, no one is aware of what is storyboarded or what is not.  No one is aware of how many takes are being done before a scene  is complete either. It's not free filming. Takes are done. Cue cards are used.

What I am saying is that Bryan from what has been on the screen so far has kissed her after a few words. Just so I am not misunderstood and in light of what you have written above, I should have said IMO because it is purely my opinion. apologies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Bach/ette wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
see2love wrote:

Transcript of their 1-1 time:

B: I just wanna start off by saying I have missed you so much

R: I know, it's so great to see you--

B:  --Oh my god; It's crazy, crazy, first of all--

And then he kisses her.

That was all one shot. I can't speak to if it was reshot or not, but that's how their interaction began.

and so were his other scenes...all one shots before he kisses her. Even though we see it like this it may very well be opinions is what I now understand

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:57 pm

see2love wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
see2love wrote:

What I am saying is that Bryan from what has been on the screen so far has kissed her after a few words.  Just so I am not misunderstood and in light of what you have written above, I should have said IMO because it is purely my opinion. apologies

Yes, understood. Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7 - Page 15 4256136633
It is unfortunate, IMO, that TPTB have chosen to equate a sexual, physical edit with an attractive male that is latino.
I think it's far too easy to get sucked into stereotypical associations regardless of race, religion, culture and it's no more correct for me to think it's ok for Bryan being Latino than is it for Rachel being a woman of color or anyone else of a minority and stereotypes/double standards.
I feel in their own way MF&CO are subtly manipulating the audience into another ugliness.
With that being said, I would like to step back.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:00 pm

@Kashathediva ITA. IMO, they may be looking to redeem themselves for the debate that was Juan Pablo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:04 pm

Bach/ette wrote:@Kashathediva ITA. IMO, they may be looking to redeem themselves for the debate that was Juan Pablo.

I have followed the machinations of this circus for a long time. They are not trying to redeem themselves for anything imo. All they are interested in is ratings/money. These people they are crazy. no no no no I just find it's interesting while trying to make one statement racially making themselves look good(right) they are backhandedly making another. Kind of skewed.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:06 pm

Personally I think every cast member on every season is clearly an edited "character" created from what they give TPTB to work with, how open they are to direction or manipulation from TPTB and their true personality, temperament and actions.  JMO.

Do I know that in real life they are probably more complex, nuanced, multidimensional people?  Sure IMO.  But I don't know any of them personally and how much is edit, vs their true characteristics.  That goes for every single one JIMO.

So for me personally, I watch a hopefully great story full of interesting characters and base my opinions and discussions on what I see.  But that's just how I like to watch personally. JMO. I have no illusions that it's not a produced entertainment product. IMO. And personally I just hope each season that the product will entertain me, it usually does Smiley JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:18 pm

@see2love and Bach/ette I hear you.

Kashathediva wrote:
Yes, understood. Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7 - Page 15 4256136633
It is unfortunate, IMO, that TPTB have chosen to equate a sexual, physical edit with an attractive male that is latino.
I think it's far too easy to get sucked into stereotypical associations regardless of race, religion, culture and it's no more correct for me to think it's ok for Bryan being Latino than is it for Rachel being a woman of color or anyone else of a minority and stereotypes/double standards.
I feel in their own way MF&CO are subtly manipulating the audience into another ugliness.
With that being said, I would like to step back.

I'm not even sure it's subtle. When they played that Spanish guitar/ flamenco music (meanwhile the guy is Colombian-American) in the background as he was coming out of the limo, the producers pretty much set the stage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:21 pm

IMO it's racist.
We aren't going to have a double standard.
So the forum needs to tread carefully.
I am glad others recognize it. I was feeling very, very uncomfortable.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 79 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7

+67
BacheloretteFan425
loveisallweneed
composer53
mercieme
gramercypark10
Lawkid
Luvstruck
Zaynab
flojo031
Santaluces92
2observe