JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Page 7 of 44 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by Alanna Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:56 pm

I disagree that they have months left but I get it: they really screwed up here and it's fair that the onus is always on the Bach couple to prove themselves considering the track record imo. Luckily proving themselves is nothing new to these two laugh out loud I think (and of course, hope) they'll be just fine myself Smiley


Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Posts : 19669
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by Ash2214 Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:35 pm

@Alanna wrote:I disagree that they have months left but I get it: they really screwed up here and it's fair that the onus is always on the Bach couple to prove themselves considering the track record imo. Luckily proving themselves is nothing new to these two laugh out loud I think (and of course, hope) they'll be just fine myself Smiley

I'm with you. There have been couples from this show who have had months and months of very clear, visible issues. People still defended them and didn't see it, which is their right and it's great to have different opinions.
It makes the discussion good.

In terms of visible and clear issues, this is the first one for JoJo and Jordan. If in the coming months more pop up, I'll be changing my tune on these two, but I won't be right now. JMO

Ash2214

Posts : 7195
Join date : 2014-04-28

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by sosleepy Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:30 pm

J&J came out the gates, much like B&L, stating that they would get married in 2017. That doesn't look like it's happening, and also like B&L they seem to be talking back the wedding and stressing it less. All these couples set themselves up for this when they talk in declaritives and give timelines. Couples like Nick & Vanessa and Kaitlyn & Shawn have less pressure, and less scrutiny in regards to this, cause they set the bar low and came out the gate managing public expectations.

Of the couples that got married, by the year point wedding planning was realistic and ramping up. Not being down played. I think K&S are probs the exception here, just cause they are doing their own thing and didn't come out all "we are getting married this year!" Like most of these couples idiotically do. IMO.. Basically, I do think downplaying the wedding right now isn't a great sign. JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Posts : 5828
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by Ash2214 Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:24 pm

@sosleepy it shouldn't be stated as fact that they came out of the gates stating they would get married in 2017 like Ben and Lauren did. These two did not sit on a couch and say they would marry each other tomorrow. Their ATFR was very realistic. They did not do a reality show where they talked about wedding plans and getting married. They have not repeatedly talked about a wedding. That isn't the case and simply not fact.

What is fact is that they previously said, almost a year ago, that they would like for it to happen in 2017, but they weren't going to rush. It has been many months now where they've been singing the same tune. They're taking their time and when they're ready, they're ready. JMO

They might not have been as definitive as Kaitlyn and Shawn in their first couple of months in public in saying they weren't in a rush to get married, but they said the same thing for more than half a year. They were nowhere near the level of Ben and Lauren declaring they were getting married asap. Not even close. JMO

Ash2214

Posts : 7195
Join date : 2014-04-28

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:37 pm

@sosleepy wrote:J&J came out the gates, much like B&L, stating that they would get married in 2017. That doesn't look like it's happening, and also like B&L they seem to be talking back the wedding and stressing it less. All these couples set themselves up for this when they talk in declaritives and give timelines. Couples like Nick & Vanessa and Kaitlyn & Shawn have less pressure, and less scrutiny in regards to this, cause they set the bar low and came out the gate managing public expectations.

Of the couples that got married, by the year point wedding planning was realistic and ramping up. Not being down played. I think K&S are probs the exception here, just cause they are doing their own thing and didn't come out all "we are getting married this year!" Like most of these couples idiotically do. IMO.. Basically, I do think downplaying the wedding right now isn't a great sign. JMO.
Well on these terms they've been down playing the wedding for almost a year, because only the interviews from the day after their ATFR is when they said "sometime in 2017/we're shooting for 2017." After that, they've been saying what they're currently saying. And the proof is in the pudding in both their fan threads and general discussion threads, because I link and quote from the sources ALL THE TIME. Not to mention the general discussion thread has been having this convo since late last year, in which I have been saying the same thing laugh out loud

All IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Posts : 5210
Join date : 2016-05-09

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Another point to add, they may be downplaying the wedding (which they actually really aren't, because Jordan has said he'd elope a few times), because they haven't been offered a wedding laugh out loud That's basically what Kaitlyn and Shawn say, they're just more direct, in saying when ABC is ready..call them, until then they're just going to continue doing their own thing.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Posts : 5210
Join date : 2016-05-09

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by sosleepy Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:44 pm

Well, I don't follow their every move, I'm just going off their initial media tour (which I did follow), and at that time, they were in my perceived opinion not that far off from Ben and Lauren and many others talking about how they wanted to get married this year. JoJo was talking a lot about starting wedding planning and her excitement. I don't know the ins and outs and when they started to back that down (like the majority do), but to me their Extra interview seemed like a step back. This is my perception.

Regardless of the details, I think my point about the successful couples ramping up wedding planning talk instead of downplaying it by the year point holds strong. J&J don't seem to be following the (up til now) "successful" formula for wedding timeline. JMO.

Also, of the successful relationships, I can't see any of them blocking their partners publicly like that or having leaked shady snaps surface. I just don't see Ryan Sutter, Jason, JP, Sean, Chris, or even Shawn ever finding themselves in that kind of situation. Josh? Yeah, been there. Ed? Sure, that could've happened. Jef? Definitely. There is a pattern.

It's just my opinion. I don't see them lasting forever. It's been a really good try though.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Posts : 5828
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by ReneeM Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:52 pm

Outside of the initial press tour, they've been noncommittal about when they'd get married. Both Jojo and Jordan have said for MONTHS that they're not in a rush to get married. The most detail either of them have gone into was when Jo was in Toronto a while back and she said when they first got engaged they were both really gung-ho about wedding planning etc, but now they've settled into their life and they're really enjoying the way things are, enjoying being engaged and they're not in any rush. This might be new if you don't follow them, but it isn't a new development, and they've been very consistent with their answer to that question for close to a year now.
ReneeM
ReneeM
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 6497
Join date : 2014-09-06

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by Ash2214 Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:54 pm

well yeah, that's what we've said. In August they referenced that they would like for it to be in 2017 and she was looking forward to planning.

There are interviews dating back to the early fall where they talked about how they're still furniture shopping for their house let alone wedding planning. They've been very straight forward for almost a year now in terms of a wedding. It's not happening until they're ready. No comparison to B&L in my opinion.

Not everyone has still see them lasting forever. I just like facts.

Ash2214

Posts : 7195
Join date : 2014-04-28

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:55 pm

I'm not invested in whether they last or not, I just base everything off facts. So when facts are being challenged, I bring them back in. Other than that, if they don't last, they'll find someone else to date/marry/whatever like essentially every single person in the world that didn't end up with their first love/highschool sweetheart/etc. All IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Posts : 5210
Join date : 2016-05-09

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by sosleepy Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:55 pm

@ReneeM wrote:Outside of the initial press tour, they've been noncommittal about when they'd get married. Both Jojo and Jordan have said for MONTHS that they're not in a rush to get married. The most detail either of them have gone into was when Jo was in Toronto a while back and she said when they first got engaged they were both really gung-ho about wedding planning etc, but now they've settled into their life and they're really enjoying the way things are, enjoying being engaged and they're not in any rush. This might be new if you don't follow them, but it isn't a new development, and they've been very consistent with their answer to that question for close to a year now.

Sounds like typical Bachelor couple speak. When it doesn't end up working out. JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Posts : 5828
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by elena.shayk Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:59 pm

Now I can't wait for the actual day they'll get married laugh out loud. And next someone will say "Oh we give them 6 months until divorce" and it will go on and on.


Fight for the fairytale, it does exist. beatingheart
elena.shayk
elena.shayk

Posts : 930
Join date : 2016-11-03

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 44 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

JoJo Fletcher & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum