SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

Page 15 of 54 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 - Page 15 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

Post by pavalygurl Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:23 pm

I was/am a fan of Nick. I squirmed a bit as he went on 4 shows, but at last he found his love. Vanessa is so impressive IMO. I rarely chose/rooted for the chosen F1 but I was happy to see them together at the end. They both appear to me to be "good people". I wish them all the best.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 - Page 15 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

Post by happydays Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:52 pm

MonicaJM2001 wrote:

Totally agree and Nick has as much as said he wants to protect their relationship as much as possible regarding the tabloids, gossip and baseless fodder. I've seen several candid photos over the past few weeks (not posing, not trying to hide from papparazzi, not hamming it up) where both Nissa have huge grins and smiles all over their faces whether it be NBY a couple weeks ago, just walking around town w friends (Kyle SM) or playing ping pong at Dodger Stadium for charity. I have not seen any glaring sign that either one is unhappy with life. Nick's skeptical and what some label paranoid behavior is not coming out of nowhere, all you have to do is look at SM and magazine articles literally trying to dissect how Nissa sit together while traveling to determine that status of their whole relationship. It's so silly IMO.

Can you show us this please?

happydays

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:04 pm

@happydays I'm pretty sure the video/instagram with Kyle paling around with  Nick and V at Old Town (I think that is what others here called it) is in fan thread. There were also the papparazi pics by Daily Mail which featured just the two of them out shopping with big smiles, also in fan thread, I think.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:24 pm

^^^ yup. i saw them via IG story and SC about a week ago or so. I think some of it made it into the fan thread.

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:42 am

Alanna wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:Why fake it though? It's not like th
ey are shilling up the ying yang making tons of money. They are hardly in the media compared to other former contestants.

What benefit is to either one of them to fake it?
I don't follow them but I'm guessing they do shill some, she has her charity where he guest stars and probs brings in people; other than the $ aspect, there's also the embrassement of failing, reluctance to change the status quo, inertia, etc. I don't think they are right now but I can see any of these people faking for awhile for many reasons, and easily too.

-  IMO  -   Honestly, if Nick and Vanessa are to separate even right after ATFR, I think, they could still work independently on their shillings or work on any project separately and still be able to achieve great success or great outcomes...they don't really need to pretend to be a couple to achieve fame...I really can't see the logic behind this...and, I feel like they are also the type of people who wouldn't give a damn on what people would say...so why would they put themselves into such difficult positions as to fake their relationships then...I believe that they have felt the sparks right from the start, they complement each other in every way thus, they are compatible to each other...they love each other thus, they are also willing to do everything to make their relationships work...it is a leap of faith as Nick has said...nobody knows if they'll be able to stay permanently together but, regardless they are 100% into this for it to work...the same as every other couple who would encounter some problems in their relationships, they are also sorting out things as they go...they are also trying their best and they are willing to make sacrifices to make their relationships work...   -  JMO  -

-  IMO  -   I don't think it is easy to pretend and fake things...people maybe able to get away with them for a few times, but they'll eventually get caught one day...pretending will never work on long term basis...any kind of emotions such as love and compassion can be felt through body language. I have seen how they can be so emotional with each other...thus, I can also feel the intensity of their love for each other...to say that they are pretending...I will never believe that...not ever...I know I am right because when it comes to emotion I am always on the right track...You have to be an Oscar winner to be able to pretend and make everybody believes that you are not faking it...and, as far as I can see with Vanessa and Nick, they still need a lot of training and practice to be able to achieve that level since they are too happy, honest and real to fake anything...Lol!!   -  JMO  -
Skates
Skates

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:47 am

I haven't been in this thread since the last time I posted so I'm completely out of the loop. I did read this page and the one prior and understand the debate is around real vs fake. Not exactly clear why that is on the table but...
One of the reasons why I liked Nick's podcast with Juliet is because he has FINALLY laid bare something that many of us long term Nick fans felt we knew for sometime, that "something" is the extent to which the aftermath of previous show experiences have cut him.  His brother Luke even mentioned how difficult it has been for Nick during the Vanessa visit with the Vialls in Finland. In the podcast Nick, for the first time, dumped a load.  He finally called out RS for his tactics, he spoke to the way in which bloggers, etc objectify people who go on the show, and set straight what "friend" means to him as it relates to franchise alumni. It wasn't all that pretty but I imagine it was cathartic, a kind of cleanse of the past, and IMO he had the strength to do that because Vanessa has his back. It doesn't matter if we agree or disagree with what he said.  What matters is that he has been ridiculed for his physical appearance, has been labelled villian/polarizing, has had his sexual prowess mocked, has been written up as being not really in love or "not good enough".  All this, truly damaging to anyone, before his season even started and even then some people wanted him to fail yet again because that would be entertaining to them. So... I loved it that he put himself out there and made sure people heard that his family was harmed, and that with Vanessa he isn't going let rag mags edit his real life because they have decided he's some character from reality tv rather than a person living & loving another person. 
And you know what, I'm fairly certain Vanessa is helping him over this hurdle of hurt. At the fundraiser, IMO they agreed that every Bach question would be his to answer.  It may have been the last necessary step because at the ping pong media time, Nick looked relax and unfazed answering everything. Not at all concerned with what he said, likely not concerned anymore with how it would be interpreted or misinterpreted because let's face it, the media is nuts to judge them regarding wedding plans when they just got engaged in November while 2 other couples are 1 and 2 years into engagements and have no plans. It's blatant bias. 
About Vanessa.  She is IMO as private as she claimed.  We know nothing about her past heartbreak except that it wounded her entire family along with herself. We know she may have dated but she said she hadn't been in a relationship for 3 years. Despite whatever happened to her in her past she wanted Nick beside her and so she packed up and left the security of all Montreal held for her and together with Nick weathered DWTS rag mag crap then they chose a home still in LA and furnished it. I don't think we will ever know how Nick was able to help her regain what she lost from her former heartbreak; things everyone loses like trust and confidence and inhibition. But here she is, confident to be apart while she is in Montreal, confident to bring to fruition a life long dream of advocacy, confident enough to withstand the ill wishes written in rag mags about her engagement. And she continues to be playful and cast her broad smile even though she left all that behind. She can uninhibitedly stick out her tongue and leap off the stage and dance around at her fundraiser and Nick just finds things to do until she finds her way back to him. She can be her uncensored self and still be loved. 
We will never know why, as Vanessa said, her family was supportive of her move in March even staying for a few days to spend time with the couple, why they continue to be behind N&V as a couple as are her long term friends. They all know something much more about Nick and how they are together that isn't likely to ever be public.  They aren't some random "source". They love Vanessa and many follow Nick on SM and sometimes comment on loving pic posts. I honestly cannot fathom a conspiracy of all these people which would have to be the case if things were amiss.  The Vaills and Nick's friends from WI would also have to be in on the ruse. No, nada, nonsensical giggling

I see an engaged couple that are temporarily in the spotlight because of a tv show. I see that spotlight partly being used to bring attention to No Better You. I see two people striving to better themselves for each other.  I see two people being human. 
I beatingheart heartbeat them.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:50 am

notarose wrote:I haven't been in this thread since the last time I posted so I'm completely out of the loop. I did read this page and the one prior and understand the debate is around real vs fake. Not exactly clear why that is on the table but...
One of the reasons why I liked Nick's podcast with Juliet is because he has FINALLY laid bare something that many of us long term Nick fans felt we knew for sometime, that "something" is the extent to which the aftermath of previous show experiences have cut him.  His brother Luke even mentioned how difficult it has been for Nick during the Vanessa visit with the Vialls in Finland. In the podcast Nick, for the first time, dumped a load.  He finally called out RS for his tactics, he spoke to the way in which bloggers, etc objectify people who go on the show, and set straight what "friend" means to him as it relates to franchise alumni. It wasn't all that pretty but I imagine it was cathartic, a kind of cleanse of the past, and IMO he had the strength to do that because Vanessa has his back. It doesn't matter if we agree or disagree with what he said.  What matters is that he has been ridiculed for his physical appearance, has been labelled villian/polarizing, has had us his sexual prowess mocked, has been written up as being not really in love or "not good enough".  All this, truly damaging to anyone, before his season even started and even then some people wanted him to fail yet again because that would be entertaining to them. So... I loved it that he put himself out there and made sure people heard that his family was harmed, and that with Vanessa he isn't going let rag mags edit his real life because they have decided he's some character from reality tv rather than a person living & loving another person. 
And you know what, I'm fairly certain Vanessa is helping him over this hurdle of hurt. At the fundraiser, IMO they agreed that every Bach question would be his to answer.  It may have been the last necessary step because at the ping pong media time, Nick looked relax and unfazed answering everything. Not at all concerned with what he said, likely not concerned anymore with how it would be interpreted or misinterpreted because let's face it, the media is nuts to judge them regarding wedding plans when they just got engaged in November while 2 other couples are 1 and 2 years into engagements and have no plans. It's blatant bias. 
About Vanessa.  She is IMO as private as she claimed.  We know nothing about her past heartbreak except that it wounded her entire family along with herself. We know she may have dated but she said she hadn't been in a relationship for 3 years. Despite whatever happened to her in her past she wanted Nick beside her and so she packed up and left the security of all Montreal held for her and together with Nick weathered DWTS rag mag crap then they chose a home still in LA and furnished it. I don't think we will ever know how Nick was able to help her regain what she lost from her former heartbreak; things everyone loses like trust and confidence and inhibition. But here she is, confident to be apart while she is in Montreal, confident to bring to fruition a life long dream of advocacy, confident enough to withstand the ill wishes written in rag mags about her engagement. And she continues to be playful and cast her broad smile even though she left all that behind. She can uninhibitedly stick out her tongue and leap off the stage and dance around at her fundraiser and Nick just finds things to do until she finds her way back to him. She can be her uncensored self and still be loved. 
We will never know why, as Vanessa said, her family was supportive of her move in March even staying for a few days to spend time with the couple, why they continue to be behind N&V as a couple as are her long term friends. They all know something much more about Nick and how they are together that isn't likely to ever be public.  They aren't some random "source". They love Vanessa and many follow Nick on SM and sometimes comment on loving pic posts. I honestly cannot fathom a conspiracy of all these people which would have to be the case if things were amiss.  The Vaills and Nick's friends from WI would also have to be in on the ruse. No, nada, nonsensical giggling

I see an engaged couple that are temporarily in the spotlight because of a tv show. I see that spotlight partly being used to bring attention to No Better You. I see two people striving to better themselves for each other.  I see two people being human. 
I beatingheart heartbeat them.

Well said @Notarose, N&V have a true advocate in you.  ITA that this couple is finding the balance between notoriety and privacy.  Like you I continue to wish them well.

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:25 pm

I think Nick and Vanessa are trying to make it in the real world, like any couple from this franchise or the real world. I do think Vanessa doesn't fake well, so if things go wrong she will show it.

Nick is hard to read, he doesn't show his emotion overtly usually and has a bit of a rest bored or apathetic countenance to me.

What I will say, and this is as a fan of Mary Viall and the rest of her family, any hurt that came to the Viall's because of Kaitlyn's or the seasons that followed are on Nick. I can buy that you don't understand until you live it, so Andi's season I will give a pass on. BUT, Nick went back to this franchise again and again, his choice. As a former fan, I could see on Kaitlyn's season his family didn't look to thrilled to be doing this again. So IMO, any harm that came to them is on him. He put his wants and needs before his family. I have no pity for him complaining how his family was affected. That was his choice, not theirs, he put them in that position.

I wish Vanessa and Nick the best. But you don't get to do five reality tv shows and complain, IMO. But on your big boy pants and admit that you did this to your loved ones because you cared more about yourself than them.

All JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:46 pm

@notarose thumbsup Well said!

I have to disagree that the hurt the Vial's went through because of RS is all on Nick. There are countless so called villains on this show, none of their families were apparently harassed by RS. I don't think anyone took on Chad's family, JJLane, or Justin Rego, or Kalon, the list goes on.  Nick was not popular, he was up against the viewer favourite,  and it was easy for the media, RS and anyone else to continuously degrade him in every way possible. He has always lived his life, making his own decisions taking chances and going for any opportunity he felt he wanted to give a shot. He's never complained about the edits, he very rarely mentions the SM trolls and the hate he received on that end.

IMO he's just a normal guy, who has been hated by many for several years from the moment the camera's started rolling.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71483

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:51 pm

@GuardianAngel I respect your opinion as I do all the posters here. I simply do not agree. I continue to follow Mary of FB, I find her to be an amazing woman. So I have my own opinion from what I see. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:57 pm

IMO, no one should have to refrain from doing what they want in life because of bullying or because scum like Reality Steve exist. When it comes to the family, I agree with GA that what RS did to Chris is extreme even for him, and Nick could not have foreseen it. RS is the one responsible, no one else.
The Vials are good people. I am sure that is what they have told Nick.
All JMO.

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Swiss Girl Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:12 pm

@notarose what a great post and I totally agree with you!

Swiss Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 54 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

+86
TrishB
Rachelsseason
Miyala
timfan
kerriway