SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 64 of 75 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 69 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

neillane - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 64 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by coolangel Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Peter signed up for the show knowing what it entails - He was nominated once, he applied again himself a year later. Sharleen pointed it out that in 12 seasons of the Bachelorette, there has never been a non-proposal at the end (Source). I don't see why Rachel should get hate for something that has been the norm on this show. Should she aim to be the first Bachelorette who doesn't get a proposal from her F1? Rolling Eyes

As realistic as Peter's thoughts may be about an engagement after a few weeks, this is the format of the show IMO and he is not the lead yet. He can chose to forgo the engagement when he is the lead but this was Rachel's season and if he couldn't give her what she wanted or even try for a compromise, he should have done the right thing and walked away like Brooks IMO. This whole season seems like an audition for his Bachelor gig.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

neillane - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 64 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:20 pm

FashionLover wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:There have been plenty of F2's that were down on one knee only to be told no thanks, you're not the one. If Peter is the F2, he's no special snowflake, get down on that knee. Since you got this far faking your way through, one more epi isn't going to kill you.

I think this time round it will be different cause he was clear about not wanting to get down on one knee and rachel seems to insist on it.So for her to turn around and say no will NOT be a good look for her. It will be best for both parties if they just said adios before that point. Rachel may say she doesn't care but In the court of public opinion right now, she has way more to loose than peter. producers have her between a rock and a hard place.
And BTW, I think to some level rachel cares about how this is playing out, otherwise she wouldn't be on twitter playing defense. She's only human.

The only opinion I have is it's too bad Rachel didn't eliminate him sooner, but I understand she probably had no choice. TPTB know who their top 3-4 guys will be and what their storyboards are. The guy can't act, he can't even try to make me believe he cares for Rachel one iota. TPTB can't get anything out of him, and IMO this is the reason why I can't see him as the next Bachelor. Rachel playing on twitter is defending Bryan, she doesn't appear to give a crap about Peter, with the exception of the shade tweet, which I'm surprised it took her that long after all the SM games Peter played. We have seen in the past, the couple are so over all the post filming drama, they just want to move on. I'm pretty sure we'll see that with Rachel and Bryan. The only thing I'm wondering is how much shade will there be in media interviews when she's asked about Peter. We already know she has not promoted anyone from her season to be TB. Instead of saying all of the remaining guys would be good bachelors, she said no one.

timfan wrote:I think Peter already  new by fs that she was picking Bryan so at this point he is probably over it jmo

Peter IMO knew before he got out of the limo that he wasn't going to be the F1. As per s/caps and body language sleuthing, he got the first 1:1 and it was clear to me then, that the spoiler was incorrect. The most annoying thing about Peter for me is when they are talking, he doesn't have the decency to sit facing her. He faces away from her, and only turns his head when he needs to speak. That might have been trumped when he said he was falling in love with her, again, not facing her, not touching her, not making it sweet and memorable, more like, there I did it are you happy now. He's an insensitive jerk. JPG got reamed over the coals for not saying ILY and for not proposing, and that was to someone he cared for and was together with for a year.

Somehow this time around, it's justified by Peter is just being honest, it's ok not to say ILY or propose when it's been expected for 12 seasons and 22 seasons. The difference between the two is JPG really liked Nikki. Peter couldn't care less about Rachel. He avoids any contact with her as much as possible.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:29 pm

coolangel wrote:Peter signed up for the show knowing what it entails - He was nominated once, he applied again himself a year later. Sharleen pointed it out that in 12 seasons of the Bachelorette, there has never been a non-proposal at the end (Source). I don't see why Rachel should get hate for something that has been the norm on this show. Should she aim to be the first Bachelorette who doesn't get a proposal from her F1? Rolling Eyes

As realistic as Peter's thoughts may be about an engagement after a few weeks, this is the format of the show IMO and he is not the lead yet. He can chose to forgo the engagement when he is the lead but this was Rachel's season and if he couldn't give her what she wanted or even try for a compromise, he should have done the right thing and walked away like Brooks IMO. This whole season seems like an audition for his Bachelor gig.

All JMO

Exactly this.
^ this is the format of the show.
This is why Brad 1.0 got slapped from Chantal "from all of America". This is why TPTB changed the contract following Brad l.0 .
This is why JPG got treated as he did by TPTB.
The show ends with a proposal.
Survivor ends with a survivor.
This show ends with a proposal.
It may not makes sense.
It does not have to.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by kerriway Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:35 pm

5 out of the last 12 Bachelorettes are still with their picks. 3 of those 12 are married. If the guy proposes the relationship may or may not work out but a Bach relationship has NEVER worked out when the guy wasn't willing to propose.

Even if Rachel had agreed to Peter's no proposal stance, the odds show that they never would have made it as a couple.

If I could truly embrace mediocrity, I wouldn't have to make any decisions because fear would make all my decisions for me. ~Nurberxo
kerriway
kerriway

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:11 pm

FashionLover wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:There have been plenty of F2's that were down on one knee only to be told no thanks, you're not the one. If Peter is the F2, he's no special snowflake, get down on that knee. Since you got this far faking your way through, one more epi isn't going to kill you.

I think this time round it will be different cause he was clear about not wanting to get down on one knee and rachel seems to insist on it.So for her to turn around and say no will NOT be a good look for her. It will be best for both parties if they just said adios before that point. Rachel may say she doesn't care but In the court of public opinion right now, she has way more to loose than peter. producers have her between a rock and a hard place.
And BTW, I think to some level rachel cares about how this is playing out, otherwise she wouldn't be on twitter playing defense. She's only human.

The thing is, Peter is not the lead. Rachel is. Rachel shouldn't be waiting and wondering if Peter is ready or no. According to him, he's not ready to be engaged, and imo his bl and actions don't tell Rachel, that he actually wants a relationship with her. That's what Rachel knows. She's been building other relationships with other men or man, and not waiting around for Peter, as she should have. Also, it's not up to her when she lets Peter go, TPBP decide that. How many times have been shaking our heads at the leads, when they let the F2 ramble on, and just don't stop it. That's all producer's doing, all leads would let go the F2 easily, without the humiliation. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:I have had platonic guy friends comfort me more than Peter just did for Rachel.  

I don't think Peter really liked Rachel for a long-term relationship. I think Peter was just shocked that Rachel fell for Byian and not him and that hurt his ego. Imo

Hell, literally arbitrary people on the subway would do a better job of comforting Rachel when she cried. His whole "I don't care what you need, this is all I'm offering so you better take it" attitude makes me want to pluck out his grey hairs with a blow torch. And Rachel, Stop crying right now and send this smug mannequin on a Wisconsin cheese run for the MTA whiners. :crazed

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:29 pm

If we didn't have that one screen cap with Peter and Rachel meeting with a clergy member, I would think the TBC would be Rachel needs to clear her head so she walks outside and then goes to his room to give him the heave-ho. Thus the crying on both their parts. But we know somehow this saga continues into a last chance date.

This season has dragged for me - ready for it to be over.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5328

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:12 pm

Kels0012 wrote:As a contestant, I couldn't imagine faking it and being intimate (i.e. kissing) someone I am not into just for notoriety and a chance to be the star of the show, where again you have to fake emotional and physical affections with others you don't like. It makes my skin crawl.

That's true. So I wonder how is it going to work out for Peter with the other 24 or 39 depending on how many he get, will he not show them any kind of affection.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by sopearl Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:26 pm

I don't mean to be rude, but with all his handsome face, there is something a little too goofy about Peter. Don't think he's going to be the next Bachelor, but can see him as an old bachelor one of these days.
sopearl
sopearl

Female Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:37 pm

neillane - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 64 20394144_1750184211662549_8773809628069756928_n
theyearofelan
ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to announce that your next bachelor is Copper
https://www.instagram.com/p/BW9IQohDzPq/?taken-by=theyearofelan
neillane - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 64 2498057887
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:56 pm

How in the world are they going to swing Peter as the Bachelor? Are fans even still liking him. He isn't seeming likeable anymore to me at all. A guy who cries because HE DUMPED his girlfriend? A guy who makes Rachel cry because he just wants to date her? He's basically screaming that he's not into her imo. I'm not sympathetic to that. I like the Bachelor/ette to be someone to root for. Peter just seems like he doesn't want a commitment at all. I can't get behind a guy who just wants to "date" someone as the lead. Peter can go back home and do that IRL. Ugh I can't stand him. yea maybe IRL he is "realistic" but also at the same time, I just can't see him actually falling for any of the potential girls at all. So it will just all seem fake if he is suddenly cool with the time frame if he gets his own season. To me he is every good looking guy on tinder/bumble etc, who has tons of girls to choose from and doesn't call them after a date. Blah. JMO.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:00 pm

FashionLover wrote:
nd4reality wrote:Peter would have had my complete admiration if he was true to himself and took himself out of the running, like a Brooks and others did.
He kept forcing himself to say the right things to Rachel and make it to the next round.
Very disgenous and conniving.

Each episode that passes confirms that he is the Player of this series.

He's the Bentley of Bentleys.

I've come to terms that anything peter does at this point will be somehow scrutinized and torn apart to pieces but Disingenuous and conniving? really? the guy who may as well have a poster held above his head saying "I'm not going to propose" is disingenuous?
I must have the wrong definition of that word, otherwise I'm confused as hell. All is my opinion

ETA: Bentley was a disrespectful person and I disagree with that comaprison 100% IMO

I don't get all of the endless Peter criticism either. I keep reading that he doesn't want to get engaged on a speed dating show about being engaged. Why should he get engaged if he doesn't feel it? I think that is completely genuine. I don't see the Bentley comparison either. Bentley wasn't into Ashley but he was also making rude comments that it should have been Emily and that he was going to make Ashely cry etc. I don't see Peter doing that. It's hard to read the endless comments that just throw Peter under the bus. I think this season is more brutal than the Jef vs Arie board wars.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 75 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 69 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+83
Amethyst
summerdayze
pavalygurl
sparkler
Duke702