SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 65 of 75 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 70 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

neillane - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 65 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Duke702 Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:02 pm

I think it's fine if he isn't into Rachel or if he isn't ready to commit to her after a short time. BUT he should then just go on his way, and not be the Bachelor, because that's what this show is all about. imo.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

neillane - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 65 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Aria Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Duke702 wrote:How in the world are they going to swing Peter as the Bachelor? Are fans even still liking him. He isn't seeming likeable anymore to me at all. A guy who cries because HE DUMPED his girlfriend? A guy who makes Rachel cry because he just wants to date her? He's basically screaming that he's not into her imo. I'm not sympathetic to that. I like the Bachelor/ette to be someone to root for. Peter just seems like he doesn't want a commitment at all. I can't get behind a guy who just wants to "date" someone as the lead. Peter can go back home and do that IRL. Ugh I can't stand him. yea maybe IRL he is "realistic" but also at the same time, I just can't see him actually falling for any of the potential girls at all. So it will just all seem fake if he is suddenly cool with the time frame if he gets his own season. To me he is every good looking guy on tinder/bumble etc, who has tons of girls to choose from and doesn't call them after a date. Blah. JMO.

I think they'll have him say at the AFR "Because I didn't let my walls down and I didn't commit, I lost the woman that I loved. I've learned from my mistake and I'm going to fight for love now". I mean, they were able to convince us that Ben F and Juan Pablo were looking for a wife. They can make people believe that Peter is. I do think that his hesitation came from not seeing Rachel as a future wife, but I also agree that he doesn't seem to want commitment, in general. I predict that he'll propose to his F1 and then promptly break up 6 months later and he'll be a Graham/Kiptyn type that never get married. I went from loving him pre-season to being neutral on him to just being so annoyed by his whole act. He seems so fake and calculated to me and I can't stand how cold he is to Rachel. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:38 pm

Aria wrote:
Duke702 wrote:How in the world are they going to swing Peter as the Bachelor? Are fans even still liking him. He isn't seeming likeable anymore to me at all. A guy who cries because HE DUMPED his girlfriend? A guy who makes Rachel cry because he just wants to date her? He's basically screaming that he's not into her imo. I'm not sympathetic to that. I like the Bachelor/ette to be someone to root for. Peter just seems like he doesn't want a commitment at all. I can't get behind a guy who just wants to "date" someone as the lead. Peter can go back home and do that IRL. Ugh I can't stand him. yea maybe IRL he is "realistic" but also at the same time, I just can't see him actually falling for any of the potential girls at all. So it will just all seem fake if he is suddenly cool with the time frame if he gets his own season. To me he is every good looking guy on tinder/bumble etc, who has tons of girls to choose from and doesn't call them after a date. Blah. JMO.

I think they'll have him say at the AFR "Because I didn't let my walls down and I didn't commit, I lost the woman that I loved. I've learned from my mistake and I'm going to fight for love now". I mean, they were able to convince us that Ben F and Juan Pablo were looking for a wife. They can make people believe that Peter is. I do think that his hesitation came from not seeing Rachel as a future wife, but I also agree that he doesn't seem to want commitment, in general. I predict that he'll propose to his F1 and then promptly break up 6 months later and he'll be a Graham/Kiptyn type that never get married. I went from loving him pre-season to being neutral on him to just being so annoyed by his whole act. He seems so fake and calculated to me and I can't stand how cold he is to Rachel. IMO.

I have to confess to watching this season unspoiled until about a week or so ago. I will do that on rare occasions. I haven't been reading about sm or any of the stuff that has been circulating until as I said about a week or two ago. So now I am trying to wrap my mind around everything. I wasn't sure that I was going to watch this season. Nothing against Rachel at all, just fatigue with this franchise. Sometimes I have needed a break in the past. But after not seeing the first few episodes in their entirety, I did start watching all of the rest of the season. I focused in on Peter early on as someone who Rachel really liked. Even being unspoiled, I figured he might be there at the end or near the end. I have been playing catch up on all the info and now am not sure what to make of Peter. Is he someone who has walls up because he's cautious or reserved? Is he playing with Rachel? Is he a commitment-phobe who doesn't really want to be in a committed relationship? Or is this just too much, too soon?

I think there are definitely things he could say at that ATFR show to make him seem more believable as the next Bach. We have seen some doozies and they managed to pull it off. I believe that Ben F. and Juan Carlos were already mentioned! He could go on there and pick someone and then break up six months later. We've seen it happen a lot on this show!

I am just not sure what to think about Peter now. I didn't think he was being cruel or manipulative or devious with Rachel. But after reading and playing catch up on here, now I just don't know what to think.
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:49 pm

^^^   I don't think he even wants a woman, fiancé, girlfriend, cramping his style for that 6 month duration.  I guess
 that depends on how he could parlay a relationship (temporary at that) into something profitable.   JMO, but then again
I don't have a high opinion of him! giggling
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:58 pm

Nibbles22 wrote:^^^   I don't think he even wants a woman, fiancé, girlfriend, cramping his style for that 6 month duration.  I guess
 that depends on how he could parlay a relationship (temporary at that) into something profitable.   JMO, but then again
I don't have a high opinion of him! giggling

Yanno--I hadn't even thought about that one. I guess if she takes him on as a trainer though it might work. IDK. Honestly, I don't think this situation with TPTB would work well in his favor. Not at all.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:58 pm

But what if he doesn't want a woman, fiance, or girlfriend? Why would that make him a bad person? Bryan is not being criticized for being 37 and single, so why must Peter want a woman in order to be a good person? I ask this in all seriousness. How do we extrapolate Peter is a bad person and doesn't want a relationship because of what we saw on Rachel's season? Or if he is in a relationship it is only for his personal profit? I don't see someone like that at all in Peter.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:06 pm

@sparkler Peter is allowed for this show to not be his thing. I would have preferred him to leave as Brooks did, instead of sticking around. Men have left before, Graham, Frank, Bentley, Constantine, and Brooks all left. It can be done.

Now if this pace of show doesn't work for him, then if he choses to become the bachelor, he is a royal hypocrite.

I also tend to find him a hypocrite, because he posts for people to be nice on SM, then he gossips and disrespects all of Miami on the show. Peter isn't too good at practicing what he preaches.

Personally, I have been in the relationship with the guy who gives you just enough to keep you around, but always lets you know you aren't really good enough. It sucks. So watching Peter pull that on Rachel has made me angry at him.

This is all JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by timfan Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:07 pm

I think if Peter met the right woman he would commit look if George Clooney who said he would never marry or have kids can change there mind when they meet the right woman jmo
timfan
timfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:56 pm

Peter with the nephew last night was Peter at his best. Too bad we don't see that joyfulness in him more often.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5320

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:06 pm

sparkler wrote:But what if he doesn't want a woman, fiance, or girlfriend? Why would that make him a bad person? Bryan is not being criticized for being 37 and single, so why must Peter want a woman in order to be a good person? I ask this in all seriousness. How do we extrapolate Peter is a bad person and doesn't want a relationship because of what we saw on Rachel's season? Or if he is in a relationship it is only for his personal profit? I don't see someone like that at all in Peter.

He wouldn't be a bad person at all. Not at all. There are tons--TONS of single people everywhere!
But then why go on the show. Why waste his time or TPTB. Why? No reason.
Don't go on the show.
S I M P L E.
Enjoy life doing something else.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:08 pm

I don't even care if Peter is the next bachelor but it's going to proof how fake he was to Rachel. IMO it was never about the time period but the fact he didn't like Rachel. I wish he would have been man enough to say that. jmo
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Seabear wrote:The show is called the Bachelorette. The premise of the show is a bunch of men are cast to come on the show looking for a HEA with the Bachelorette. That HEA culminates in the chosen man proposing at the FRC and the Bachelorette gets her NL ring and a chance to continue the relationship IRL. This is the how the show is designed and Rachel took the lead with expectations of this. That is normal and expected and Rachel has been very straight forward to her guys and the audience that this was her intent. Rachel is not and was not desperate in any way. She is a beautiful, intelligent woman and has lots to offer the right guy. Rachel took the Lead with an open heart and a desire to see if her HEA might be there. She is over the moon happy so clearly the right man was there for her.  Peter came on the show knowing the premise as he clearly is a student of the show. He has watched this show for years and years and wanted to be on the show for decades so proposing should not have been a surprise or issue for Peter if his intentions on the show were genuine which IMO they were not. Peter wants to be the Bachelor and he has paid the game for that purpose. His disinterest in wanting Rachel as anything more than friends and a vehicle to the end goal of becoming the Bachelor is painfully obvious. IMO the reason Peter did not leave is because Peter is very competitive and does not like Bryan. Therefore Peter wants to "win" the game and continue dating Rachel which still allows the door to stay open for his future Bachelor gig and allow him to also be the "winner" over Bryan. Peter is calculating and manipulative on the show and via his SM IMO. This season the show has become about Peter finding his happiness via his crazy SM fanatics. The show is supposed the be about the Bachelorette...Rachel. For her to be attacked as she is being by Peters crazy SM fanatics is flat out wrong. It is a bunch of wackos who have deified Peter and turned him into the cover model on a Harlequin Romance novel. They are putting their fantasies on Peter. Bizarre IMO.

Thankfully Rachel is a smart woman and she chose wisely. She chose a genuine man who shared her intentions and desire to make a future with her IRL. When Rachel is able she will be able to use her intellect to set the Player Peter straight and show him that she sees his game and will not be played IRL.
All JMO

bowdown rock mademyday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 75 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 70 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+83
Amethyst
summerdayze
pavalygurl
sparkler
Duke702