SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 68 of 75 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 71 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thebacheloretteabc - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 68 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Alanna Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:00 am

@makeover, these are so interesting!! I'm not a tin foil hat wearer normally laugh out loud but these are great observations I never would have picked up on. I wonder if it's conscious.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

thebacheloretteabc - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 68 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mindless Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:23 am

nd4reality wrote:What amazes me is that Frank got virtual stones thrown at him, Brooks got raked through the coals and Graham has forever been side eyed because of not being willing and able to commit. Yet Peter gets a pass and is praised. Its an upside down season. IMO.

I never had a problem with anyone leaving because they weren't feeling it, and always found it utterly baffling when they were vilified. What are the chances that 25-30 people all fall in love with the same one person they're presented with? There's bound to be those who don't and sometimes they make it far because the lead crushes on them. What are they supposed to do, fake it until the end because fans want them with the lead? dizzy That's why I don't think Peter needs to leave on his own, because knowing what happened to the others, he'll be hated for it. Rachel isn't choosing him anyway, so no need to self-sacrifice IMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:29 am

@Alanna I have no idea if he was doing that to her on purpose or that's just his normal MO. And I think if you are *in* the situation like Rachel, it's hard to see at first. It's very push and pull as Rachel described in her blog.

Reminded me of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend's "Love Kernels".  thebacheloretteabc - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 68 3806527698

I'm exaggerating of course laugh out loud. Thankfully, Rachel Lindsay is not like Rachel Bloom Rebecca Bunch.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:34 am

nd4reality wrote:What amazes me is that Frank got virtual stones thrown at him, Brooks got raked through the coals and Graham has forever been side eyed because of not being willing and able to commit. Yet Peter gets a pass and is praised. Its an upside down season. IMO.

IA I don't see what the difference is. They weren't feeling it, Peter wasn't IMO feeling it, according to body language and his own comments on how he feels. IMO it's worse to stick around if you're not into the lead. Why is it ok for Peter to stick around and be honest, but it wasn't ok for the others to be honest. He is praised for not being forced into a proposal, and clearly indicated he's not going to bend, what's he still doing there then?

I have more respect for Graham Frank and Brooks who were man enough to stand up to TPTB and say I need to leave as opposed to Peter who needs to stay for his own selfish reasons IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:09 pm

My impressions:

Bryan -- I found it really validating that Rachel's family had the same concerns and red flags about Bryan that I've had all season. Granted, they did their homework on him ahead of time, but the "[he has] an answer for everything" comment told me that they were also relying heavily on personal observation. And unlike us, they were seeing the unedited version. When Bryan stated that his mom was the most important woman in his life, I howled, "Noooooo! You did NOT just say that!" It was so obviously the wrong thing to say *in that particular situation and moment* that I thought Rachel's mom was perfectly justified in grilling him afterward. Also, her family could not have failed to note the matching watches. IMO Rachel was sending them a clear signal that Bryan was her pick, and they were not slow on the uptake.

Eric -- Eric is such a sweetie pie. I think that Rachel has a great friendship with him and enjoys showing him new and exciting things. I was watching Rachel's mom's face carefully when Eric was talking about his background. I saw nothing but compassion. Nice family visit.

Peter --- Ahhh, Peter. I'm going to state up front that I still like Peter and support him as the next Bachelor (with one caveat that I'll mention below.) Like Eric, he had a very good visit with the family. At this point I'm not all that concerned about whether he can commit to a woman in general. I think he can, but I'm not going to pour over the tea leaves. What I think is happening is that he likes Rachel a great deal, and is caught up in the bubble, and is therefore "falling in love." What I saw when they were picking out baby clothes together was a great comfort level and companionability with each other. They truly enjoy each other's company.  But even so, I don't think there's a match there, and I'm not going to fault him for that. I do think that Rachel has been making it *very* clear ever since Geneva that Bryan is her F1. So I'm not going to rag on Peter for withdrawing from her to whatever degree or being reluctant to commit under the circumstances.

What is more curious to me is why Rachel brought him into the F3. Bryan's ardent wooing appears to be right up her alley. Even Eric is following her around with puppy-dog eyes that would give Copper pause. But why did she carry the reluctant Peter quite so far? My guess is that there was enough there *for her* to keep Peter going deep into the dating process. She certainly had no compunction in IMO ruthlessly cutting men loose who were not working for her on whatever level. So at this point I'm going to give Peter a free pass in terms of commitment to her because Rachel has made it abundantly clear that she is in charge, and this is her choice. There were men that were more apparently into her that she could have kept around instead, but she didn't.

Years ago, I was over the moon in love with a "Peter" -- tall, ridiculously good looking, sharp, athletic, accomplished, the whole package. But he wasn't feeling it with me, and it took me a long time to see that. There is a book called, "He's Just Not That Into You," and I wish to God that I had been able to read it at the time. Basically what the book is saying is, a guy can be 90% of the way there with you, but it's that final 10% that will make or break you. And if that last 10% is not there, the wise thing to do is to cut your losses, because it will *never* be there. And IMO that is where Peter is at. He's just not that into her.

But Peter, being a red-blooded male, and only human, is not going to like male competition. So I will allow him his little "cheeks" snark on Bryan with a warning to try to clean up his act from now on out. Try to keep it classy, Peter.

My caveat on him being the next Bachelor is that I also supported Juan Pablo long ago, so I learned my lesson after that. The producers see a lot more than I do, so in some ways I have to trust their judgment. But as far as I'm concerned, Peter's good to go for the role. I hope that he gets the kind of women that Chris S. got -- now *that* would be a season! Lots of cat fights! laugh out loud
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:18 pm

furthermore..... he said clearly to her mom that he did not feel the need to ask permission to her or her dad... meaning no matter what would happen next, he would NOT propose.

I am okay with that. Cannot torn his arm to do something he did not want. But what did he expect? That she bent like she said? Someone has to bend... and he expected to be her?

I understand the stuck situation here but he cannot pretend that a proposal was NOT excepted at the end!!!!!

And this is why I think many of viewers are upset. It looks very much like he played with her feelings.........

while on the other hand, Bryan from day1 never changed, always said the same thing, that basically he fell in love at first sight (fairytale), that for him she was "IT". With times his attraction increase to the point that he told her he was in love at his hometown after she met his family.

Where is the play in that i wonder?

Is it because he is Columbian? Is it because he is intense and his focus is on Rachel not on petty dramas, not on badmouthing in PI behind anyone's back... because all I saw from him was  rolling his eyes when he saw the lee/eric drama, told rachel he was not part of the kenny/drama too...

So I wonder AGAIN, here is the player? because he used cheesy romantic lines?

What can we say about extreme fans who were almost fainting in front of their TV since  episode 1... a simple HELLO from him and he was already the hero on their favorite Harlequin Romance

Bryan made a mistake at Ellen. Yes it was not appropriate. he apologize to rachel and ellen. seems that nobody is perfect except Peter....

It is not the fact he does not care Rachel. It is not the fact he never wanted to propose her. It is the fact that he is put on a pedestal when everything show the contrary in my eyes that irks me.

How people can excuse him is out of this world to me. I do not get it. And by the way, I believe that 99% are players on this show. But there are players and players. To play interested to stay but remaining friendly with the lead, no big deal..... but to say I am falling in love and all the right things to be kept as long as possible... THAT is for me the WORSE kind of PLAYER.

Peter is BAD NEWS. He was the MEMEME PLAYER. period. (IMO)

Everything here is my opinion. ty

ETA: Rachel confirmed during recent interviews that her family had preconceived notions about Bryan because they saw him on Ellen and they heard about his play on TV. If they met him without te knowledge I have no doubt they would have been way nicer IMO

Last edited by HEA on Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:22 pm

One difference, IMO, is that Peter may not have left on his own. Viewers typically sympathize with someone getting rejected (esp if they're a crying mess which Peter appears to be). I don't care personally, I don't know who these 'people' are but I didn't vilify anyone for leaving. I also don't think Graham or Frank were really vilified. Brooks, yes, but then again RS made the season hard for him so that likely played a role too JMO.

90% of the time, I find examples like 'so and so was crucified but Peter...' not very comparable, apples to oranges IMO. People aren't the same. Opinions change. Relationships are different etc. JMO. Peter is a clear fan favourite - I imagine this 'helps' his public perception and how many will perceive his exit.

thebacheloretteabc - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 68 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:37 pm

Viewers were hyperventilating waiting for Brooks to appear out of the bushes, or they were convinced Chantel was the F1 because she had a Thanksgiving dinner with Brad. Same viewers then trashed Brad and were happy Chantal wasn't the F1, she deserves better, as if they know what better is and what the lead deserves.

I have emails telling me we will be the laughing stock when Peter proposes and he'll be the F1 or Bryan is the next bachelor, Peter is the F1, regardless of edit.

Same opinions, different season. I don't find it any different this season.

The lead is loved when it's speculated the F1 is a viewers favourite, until they aren't. I'm sure there will be those who feel that Rachel deserves what she gets. Even though it appears she's getting someone who is crazy about her, as she is about him.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerriway Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:38 pm

The visit between Rachel's family and Bryan was intense. A lot of people really don't like Bryan and lots of people are glad the family saw through his 'player ways'. I was scratching my head on why things were so tense with the family until I read Rachel's blog.

She said her family:
1. Didn't like the 'sloppy seconds' comment on Ellen
2. They'd done some 'snooping' (her word) online and saw some things they didn't like. (I'm guessing they saw the magic tea, the player TV clip, and perhaps a medical suit.)

I think the family made up their mind about Bryan and went in guns blazing, add this to the fact that the family is already skeptical about the show's timeframe and that they don't appear to idealize things the way Bryan does and I now see why their defenses were up.

If I could truly embrace mediocrity, I wouldn't have to make any decisions because fear would make all my decisions for me. ~Nurberxo
kerriway
kerriway

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:42 pm

@kerriway IA plus lets throw in the Mother's questions. How did they know he is close to his Mom?

Nothing on SM would have told them he is close to his Mother.

TPTB have a way with words. I can see them briefing the family. "The mother said she will kill Rachel if she breaks his heart"

If someone said this to me, for sure I'd be asking about the mother relationship.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:52 pm

kerriway wrote:The visit between Rachel's family and Bryan was intense. A lot of people really don't like Bryan and lots of people are glad the family saw through his 'player ways'. I was scratching my head on why things were so tense with the family until I read Rachel's blog.

She said her family:
1. Didn't like the 'sloppy seconds' comment on Ellen
2. They'd done some 'snooping' (her word) online and saw some things they didn't like. (I'm guessing they saw the magic tea, the player TV clip, and perhaps a medical suit.)

I think the family made up their mind about Bryan and went in guns blazing, add this to the fact that the family is already skeptical about the show's timeframe and that they don't appear to idealize things the way Bryan does and I now see why their defenses were up.

I agree. Add to that IMO her family doesn't like the show and probably wish she hadn't done it. Just makes for awkwardness.

@GuardianAngel didn't Bryan say his mom is the number one person/woman in his life? I thought Rachel's mom asked about it after he said that. Idk if I'm remembering it right.

thebacheloretteabc - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 68 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:54 pm

I have to admit, to me, the Lindsay's are intimidating! They are high achievers and IMO have high expectations of potential son in law. If Bryan is moving to Dallas, he needs to treat Rachel good. Very good. Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 75 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 71 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+83
Amethyst
summerdayze
pavalygurl
sparkler
Duke702