SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 71 of 75 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thebacheloretteabc - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Amethyst Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:45 pm

sdmom wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:There shouldn't have to be a choice IMO as long as it's a healthy relationship. They are putting Rachel in the same position that they are accusing Bryan of. Rachel can never say her Dad is the most important man in her life?

The love for your husband and the love for you parents are two different types of love IMO and neither one makes it better than the other.

Rachel, on Fater's day, posted a pic to the "#1 man in my life". If we want to be fair, should we be concerned too? And that's a post after she's engaged.

I think she's mirroring what Bryan said. She's validating it. She didn't forget what happened at her parents' dinner table. She knew the fans would pick up on it.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

thebacheloretteabc - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Alanna Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:46 pm

Amethyst wrote:IMO Bryan could easily have gotten away with, "My mom and I are very close. She is very important to me." That would have passed without comment and even been admired. But Bryan always deals in extremes -- his mom is the MOST important woman. He is in LOVE with Rachel, he loved her from the night he met her! He LOVES her family. That's just how he rolls. When he's in, he's all in.
Totally, which is why I feel okay speculating that this is all some intense bubble love for him still and he's more obsessed about the extremes here of the ring and proposal and being the winner and this fairytale and doesn't realize the real life components here and that Rachel is a real human girl who he's stuck with for life laugh out loud I'm excited for their post show to better understand him and their dynamic.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnTa Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:50 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:There shouldn't have to be a choice IMO as long as it's a healthy relationship. They are putting Rachel in the same position that they are accusing Bryan of. Rachel can never say her Dad is the most important man in her life?

The love for your husband and the love for you parents are two different types of love IMO and neither one makes it better than the other.

ITA with you @GA! That's what I think too. I don't understand why these LOVES should be compared. These are two different relationships each equally important but not comparable. A parent's love is very different from spousal love . Both have a different but important role in one's life. Why some find it important to CHOOSE one -I don't get it! His MOTHER can't be his WIFE and his WIFE can't be his MOM and same goes for Rachel-- Her DAD Isn't her Husband. She said she is a daddy's girl --her Dad loves her and I think She thinks the world of her Dad and is very important to her but its obviously a different kind love and there is no reason for her to choose between him and Bryan. AJMO

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnTa Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:56 pm

If we are going to be literal about it --When a girl is growing up --isn't it that DAD is the 1st man her life ? --and that goes for a boy too--MOM is the 1st woman in his life thebacheloretteabc - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 71 2498057887

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:59 pm

Given that the lead will almost never pick whom I would pick anyway, this is what I look for --

1. That the lead picks a good, decent person. Given my reservations about Bryan, in this case I just hope that Rachel is seeing lots of good qualities in him that have somehow eluded me as a viewer.

2. That there is a love story. I think we have seen that here, give or take. I am going to hope for Rachel's sake that Bryan has been completely sincere with her.

3. And mostly, that I understand WHY the lead chose as s/he did, especially for the F4, and most especially for the F1. Sometimes I totally get it (i.e. Ben H.'s picks) and sometimes not. While I haven't always understood her decisions, Rachel, I think, has made it very clear about what she finds attractive in Bryan. She likes his looks, and finds him sexy. They are very companionable. They have fun together. She *loves* that fact that he is very ardent and assertive in his approach to her. She loves the fact that he very much wants her and is all in.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:12 pm

She loves his confidence, his good heart, the fact that he is focused on their relationship and accept her with her flaws. The fact that he is strong for both of them in the process....
The second 1o1 is full of why she is invested in Bryan, plus the convo with his mother
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:15 pm

summerdayze wrote:Potentially an unpopular opinion - but I'm not hot on the final 3 choices. They all have red flags IMO. I feel that the decisions up to now have been driven more by infatuation/lust and her desire to get engaged at the end of this.

And the awkward pat that Peter gave when Rachel was crying - just no. He was keeping her at arms length and not what you would expect from someone who is supposedly 'falling in love'. It was painful to watch.

Bryan I feel is genuinely attracted to Rachel, but he is smarmy and a bit too smooth. Says a lot of things you want to hear - but does he actually mean it? The mom issue may also be a problem somewhere down the track. For Rachel's sake I do hope he is being totally genuine/real with her, sticks by his woman like he said and that she blends in well with him family (and vice versa).

Eric - seems like a sweet/decent guy, but has apparently never been in love before. Does she want to take a chance with someone supposedly so inexperienced? I feel that they are at different stages/points in their lives. Eric seems to be taken with the notion of falling in love, just as much as Rachel is with getting engaged.

Overall I'm feeling a bit 'meh' tbh.

@summerdayze, If I didn't feel obligated to stick up for Bryan coz of the hate he gets, I would totally agree with you on everything you said about all three guys. :yes: I think you are totally spot on that all three of them have red flags in their own ways and IMO it's just about who we tend to see through our rose colored glasses. I like both Bryan and Eric but I would be lying if I said that I don't think there are genuine concerns with both of them in relationships (knowing what we know now - Bryan's mom and Eric's zero serious relationships). I am just hoping for the best for everyone at this point esp. Eric - He needs to date more IMO before even considering being engaged.

All JMO

Last edited by coolangel on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnTa Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Yes, she listed Bryan's qualities to his mother and Handsome wasn't even on it! She sees a lot more in him !

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 pm

Yes, I have had concerns about all of Rachel's top three as well (as opposed to say, Ben H., where I had zero concerns about his top three. He could have picked any of them as far as I was concerned.) Each of Rachel's men has one or more flags.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:31 pm

I agree that the love for a spouse is not comparable to the love for one's parents but I understand where some of the concerns come from esp. if the parent is over-invested in his/her adult children's life. I personally think Rachel and Bryan have a much better shot at working out if they move somewhere away from both Miami and Dallas atleast for the immediate future.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:41 pm

djogbenyuie wrote:She loves his confidence, his good heart, the fact that he is focused on their relationship and accept her with her flaws. The fact that he is strong for both of them in the process....
The second 1o1 is full of why she is invested in Bryan, plus the convo with his mother

I hope (for Rachel's sake) that he has a good heart, but I'm not convinced of it as you are. Time will tell.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:20 pm

Personally I think Rachel's family might be a bit OTT invested too. Imo Bryan's mother came across as passionate, caring and full on on board with everything her son does, supporting him 100‰, sometimes maybe even a bit too eagerly. Rachel's family Imo might be OTT invested in a way, that they want a say and think they have a say in her life and doings. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 75 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+83
Amethyst
summerdayze
pavalygurl
sparkler
Duke702