SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

Page 65 of 81 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 73 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kimmel - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 65 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

Post by mercieme Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:29 pm

Are the family not going to show up at the celebration party in Dallas? I guess we wait and see before we know if they are or are not happy with her choice, they may be private folks that don't like blasting things on SM especially with the father being a federal judge. Rachel said if she is happy then her family are happy so i guess we stay tuned for now.

Last edited by mercieme on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Kimmel - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 65 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

Post by sfrank Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:30 pm

mercieme wrote:TBTB IMO is not to blame for what went down at the AFTR which caused the SM uproar to escalate IMO.....at some point cast members need to start taking responsibilities for their actions. If one does not give TPTB material they can't use it. I may be in the minority but other than Lee appearing on the show, nothing else was outta the norm this Bette season for me. We have had an ex show up on other seasons before a la Ali and Des. We have had a lead cry over someone that left the show before a la Ashley, Ali and Des. TPTB are not the most creative IMO so different season, same stuff....all jmho.

I agree! I'm a big Bryan and Rachel fan and I don't think he was her "default" choice. I believe her 100% when she says it was him that she was in love and told him that in the FS BUT TPTB could not edit the ending that way without Rachel giving them SO much to work with laugh out loud. She's the one to blame she should have just ended it with Peter and gotten out there quickly IMO.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Dessler wrote:I am sorry but I don't think Rachel and Bryan should stay in Dallas, they will be better off staying Miami at this point IMO. Since the finale, none of her family member(sister, cousin, auntie) have posted, liked anything indicating that they are happy for her and Bryan. Only her bffs outside of the show have shown support. On other hand Bryan's friends and family have openly shown their excitement/happiness on their SM, left comments  like "welcome to the family", "we can't wait to meet you", "we love you" on her posts e.t.c. I hope to see changes with Rachel's family after the engagement party in dallas.

They have time to figure it out. They have plenty of time. That's the great thing about being young and in love.
It might be easier to stay there(Dallas) regardless, if her job is supportive and she wants to stay with her job.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnTa Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:35 pm

coolangel wrote:
Murakamee wrote:The following is JMO and while I know it may come off as internalizing, I feel this season was a tad bit, personal:

In some ways this whole season is very frustrating. The franchise set Rachel up for failure. From her makeup to hair to her selection of suitors. I've come to accept that it's their Modus Operandi to build their next leads up and tear them down. They take the most vulnerable aspects of the person and uses it against them. With Rachel they had a wealth of societal baggage and personal insecurities to poke and prod. And I get that, they're making a television show. In the end, TPTB were the real winners. They got people talking, again. Made tons of money, and their franchise has survived and thrived. Charges of racial bias in their casting officially dismissed. As unsavory as that is to write, it's true.

Though the shenanigans seem par for the course with them, this time it felt almost personal. Their answer to Sarah Gertrude Shapiro's outing of them and the practices they engage in behind the scenes. I found so many parallels to UnReal this season. It was stark! No even clandestine. Almost like a parody of itself. So, yes, they gave us this woman of color, but they weren't going to make it a fairytale they know their audience prefers. Almost like an F U to those of us that were calling for more diversity. Instead of it being about Tianna finding her Prince Naveen. It's Prince Naveen finding out that Tianna is not for him, and therefore off to his next adventure to find THE ONE.

If this were a documentary on a marriage minded woman finding love among 30 eligible Bachelors, Peter and several others would have never been cast. But this is The Bachelorette and they were cast. With the intention to wrought the damage they have and humiliate the lead. Good job, I guess.  

I'm just so exhausted by it all. It wasn't entertaining and far from romantic. The majority fan reaction, the cast, the whole vibe of this season felt off.

I hope I didn't offend anyone with this comment. My intentions were not to, just having a brain purge.

@Murakamee, I totally understand where your frustration is coming from and I can't say that I disagree with any of it. But the truth is that many of us saw this happening right when Rachel was announced. TPTB are not your friends - It doesn't matter who you are, you are still just a number on the spreadsheet for them IMO. I remember writing posts here that Rachel needs to binge-watch UnReal pronto. I think the fans expected her to be treated differently coz of this being the first black 'ette season but TPTB have always shown that they can go lower than your imagination IMO.

This show is never going to be the fairytale, romantic love story no matter who the lead is. I don't think it was about Rachel anymore than it was about the 11 leads prior to her. In the end, they treated her journey the same way they have treated all the others before her - ratings before people. Rachel is happy and that is all that matters at the end of it. I am sorry if I am stepping my bounds by saying this but please don't take it personally. Don't let TPTB and their shenanigans occupy that space in your mind. They are just not worth it IMO. bestbud!

All JMO

@Murakamee , @Coolangel, I totally agree with what you said. It's exactly how I feel -- Well said :claphands

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:35 pm

I am just glad none of you know me in real life because, I think I am as petty as Rachel and I remember things from wayyyy back! Lol
I watched almost all interviews yesterday and I think Rachel didn't reveal anything new regarding Peter that many of posters haven't expressed regarding Peter.

Anyway, I agree it's just a day or two after ATFR, so lots of old wounds reopened, emotions reawaken. I am going to see how Rachel reacts a week from now and make my own judgement on her.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:36 pm

mercieme wrote:Are the family not going to show up at the celebration party in Dallas? I guess we wait and see before we know if they are or are not happy with her choice, they may be private folks that don't like blasting things on SM especially with the father being a federal judge. Rachel said is she is happy then her family are happy so i guess we stay tuned for now.
I think Constance will probably post a pic of them from the engagement party and wish them well...maybe. Or maybe she's wished them well in private (you know because she actually knows them in real life and can use a cellphone or see them in person) because she doesn't want the Bryan/Rachel fans on her page. She has gotten annoyed with them previously. As for the rest of Rachel's family being silent, I think only the two Connie's (her sister and her aunt) are really that active on SM to begin with so there's not gonna be that outpouring of SM support from them.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:37 pm

Dessler wrote:I am sorry but I don't think Rachel and Bryan should stay in Dallas, they will be better off staying Miami at this point IMO. Since the finale, none of her family member(sister, cousin, auntie) have posted, liked anything indicating that they are happy for her and Bryan. Only her bffs outside of the show have shown support. On other hand Bryan's friends and family have openly shown their excitement/happiness on their SM, left comments  like "welcome to the family", "we can't wait to meet you", "we love you" on her posts e.t.c. I hope to see changes with Rachel's family after the engagement party in dallas.

I would agree with this but for the fact that they were not particularly vocal during Nick season, once she was announced as The Bachelorette, and during the season. I think they are skeptical of the entire process. Her cousin does follow Bryan on IG and Constance, well, she's Constance. She didn't want people talking about the show on her IG. They are obviously private folks.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:40 pm

Kashathediva wrote:

They have time to figure it out. They have plenty of time. That's the great thing about being young and in love.
It might be easier to stay there(Dallas) regardless, if her job is supportive and she wants to stay with her job.

Not to be ageist or anything but Bryan's 37 and rach is 32. She said she wanted kids soon and what not. Medically speaking, the sooner the better for such things.
dang, the family situation...hopefully they're on board dehind the scenes cause it's gotta be tough to have everyone critizing your choice when even your family is apprehensive
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:40 pm

mercieme wrote:Are the family not going to show up at the celebration party in Dallas? I guess we wait and see before we know if they are or are not happy with her choice, they may be private folks that don't like blasting things on SM especially with the father being a federal judge. Rachel said if she is happy then her family are happy so i guess we stay tuned for now.

In one of the interviews, Build? Not sure, Bryan said they will have dinner with her parents only, engagement party in Dallas, then another one with her extended family in Houston, and another with his family and friend in Miami.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:40 pm

ReneeM wrote:
mercieme wrote:Are the family not going to show up at the celebration party in Dallas? I guess we wait and see before we know if they are or are not happy with her choice, they may be private folks that don't like blasting things on SM especially with the father being a federal judge. Rachel said is she is happy then her family are happy so i guess we stay tuned for now.
I think Constance will probably post a pic of them from the engagement party and wish them well...maybe. Or maybe she's wished them well in private (you know because she actually knows them in real life and can use a cellphone or see them in person) because she doesn't want the Bryan/Rachel fans on her page. She has gotten annoyed with them previously. As for the rest of Rachel's family being silent, I think only the two Connie's (her sister and her aunt) are really that active on SM to begin with so there's not gonna be that outpouring of SM support from them.

Exactly ReneeM! You beat me to it!
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:44 pm

sdmom wrote:I am just glad none of you know me in real life because, I think I am as petty as Rachel and I remember things from wayyyy back! Lol
I watched almost all interviews yesterday and I think Rachel didn't reveal anything new regarding Peter that many of posters haven't expressed regarding Peter.

Anyway, I agree it's just a day or two after ATFR, so lots of old wounds reopened, emotions reawaken. I am going to see how Rachel reacts  a week from now and make my own judgement on her.

IA I didn't watch all of them, but what I did watch, and how Rachel explained where she was coming from, is exactly how I saw it play out all season long. Nothing new for me either. No huge surprises. No one plays push and pull if you really love someone. IMO You don't make maybe promises, and give me time to get there promises, if you're feeling it in your bones, that you want that person. How ridiculous is it for someone to say, give me time to get there as if that's some sort of guarantee that he will fall in love, he just needs time. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. I didn't buy Peter's BS one bit.

Millsy confirmed it in a podcast, Peter was not into Rachel. They had to go with that storyboard, they had no choice. The brokenhearted F2 wasn't panning out but the last ditch effort helped that brokenhearted F2 position that they so desperately needed IMHO. 6 days later he's beebooping in his IG stories in his car. Three months later he's so distraught back stage. IMO it was the unknown of what would happen on that stage, since he had zero control. Controlling people don't like to be in that position.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:49 pm

Longhornfan wrote:
Dessler wrote:Looks like Rachel is still going to be working in her firm for the meantime. Her boss said he is excited to meet Bryan and cross-examine him. He noted that she is still with them in Dallas and he hopes that remains the case. I think she has the best boss in the world laugh out loud . Her firm has been incredibly gracious in accommodating her needs. They must really love her!

http://www.texaslawyer.com/id=1202794999730?slreturn=20170709094730

IMO the best thing that Rachel could do for her relationship with Bryan would be to stay in Dallas, at least for a while, in order to get her "head" in the right place.  That is, if she truly loves Bryan and wants to build a life with him.  I believe that it was mentioned a while back that Rachel attends (or attended) church at the Potter's House in Dallas.  If that is true, I would highly recommend that they stay put in Dallas for a while and that she and Bryan seek out Bishop Jakes for some counseling as a couple.  Despite the appearance that everything has been put in the rearview mirror for Rachel, and everything is perfectly okay in her world, it does not appear that way to me.

Honestly, I was slightly embarrassed for Rachel just watching that brutal breakup with Peter, especially since she was not given the courtesy of being able to see it beforehand prior to the airing of the show.  I think that if she had had a little time to process things, she might have been more composed, and she might not have come across so angry and defensive.  And I truly doubt that she remembered things the way that they actually occurred during that breakup with Peter.  So, she was experiencing a lot of different feelings while watching it play out in front of her.  I suspect she felt some anger at herself, at the producers of the show - and at Peter.

Even though I can understand where she was at in that moment - to a certain degree - I still don't understand why this supposedly strong woman (keeping it 100) refused to accept that Peter was showing her exactly WHO HE WAS.  He was not openly affectionate with her, she always had to make the first move, and he showed very little emotion up until the very end.  I do get that it he was the kind of guy that she was usually drawn to, but this is where I again think that counseling would be a good idea for Rachel, maybe individually as well as them as a couple.

At the very least I would hope that they put off any big life decisions until they have had time to decompress and get to know each other better.

Insightful, well-stated and so true. I am just heartbroken for Bryan. Rachel....I just want to slap. I just don't understand what that whole Peter interrogation was about and why she didn't send him home instead of et tu Eric. I had chosen to believe the show wouldn't let her but, now I don't know. Yes, I know she had a twisted attraction, that's what men like Peter are for. Their issues always have the potential to become yours but, eye on the prize. I was praying she would not do anything to embarrass Bryan on camera and it's not ok that she totally did.
Chris Harrison is awful. I know it's his job but, I don't have to like it. I know I'm rambling. I'm sad and I hate this outcome. I'm really dreading when he returns home to his family and friends and I'm sure he is too. I guess this is what happens when you over-invest in people you don't even know. :shootme: I would appreciate other perspectives.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 81 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 73 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

+88
Longhornfan
everly
George1218
summerdayze
pbmax
quietpal
umngirl
julychild
Rolly
mercieme
BlackHalo