SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 28 of 59 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 43 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ABC - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by BlackHalo Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:14 pm

sfrank wrote:
timfan wrote:I think Rachel saying that if Peter had proposed she would have said no I do not believe her I think she would have picked him if he was willing  to propose she is just covering up now so Bryan will not feel the default guy  jmo

Peter told Rachel he would propose for her..she told him not to do it. I think  a lot of people are missing that part. hehehe

The bottom line is that if Rachel wanted Peter she could have had him - its not like he left the show. She choose to end it.
He tried to reach out BEFORE the proposal and she said she had moved on.  She's dated "Peters" all her life. She picked Bryan this time. Good for her.
Lol. Yeah. Rachel was ready for it to be over just as much as he was but neither wanted to be the one to pull the trigger. cantstopl

As for Rachel not accepting Peter's apology, she just got a fresh look at his emotionally manipulative behavior on their last date. I'd be a little pissed too if I was foolish enough to hold on to a guy playing yo-yo with my feelings. Her saying "I'm living my best life" was good for her own healing. Screw Peter's feelings.  JMO.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

ABC - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by LynnTa Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:24 pm

You said it @likeashipblown!

When Peter says what he thinks and feels--then he so honest---let Rachel say what she thinks/feels --then she is mean,petty and shady! SMH at this.

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:32 pm

I hope Rachel learnt how to be a better person after this experience.
Being a mean girl and surrounded herself with those immature squad actually brought her the exact same thing she has always embraced, imo.

And I think she just loves to stir the pot and be the center of the spotlight, so I say congrats, she is right in the middle of the sm storm now, imo. Why don't she just enjoy it since this is what she asked for, imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by kerriway Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:44 pm

@likeashipblown I went to like your post and realized I'd already liked it. Your insight is always welcome!

If I could truly embrace mediocrity, I wouldn't have to make any decisions because fear would make all my decisions for me. ~Nurberxo
kerriway
kerriway

Back to top Go down

Post by justcallmegranny Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:48 pm

I've not had a lot to say thus far this season, so here is my take.

I really didn't get the Peter fascination to start with as I didn't find him especially handsome. Different strokes for different folks, I know. Anyway, I really came to like Peter as a person as the season went on. I saw a guy who really tried to get to know her and decide if she was truly the one for him. People fault him for not being all over her and showing her more affection, but I think a relationship has to be based on so much more than physical attraction. He stood by his values and I think it was perfectly justifiable on his part to want some reassurance from her before he proposed. I think he was not getting that because if he had, he would not have been so hesitant. I think he did feel like she was the one for him, but had doubts that SHE felt that way about him. He was not blind...he saw the same thing all the other guys did in that she was favoring Bryan so much. But she kept keeping him around and pushing for more from him. Everyone else sees the push and pull being on Peter's side, but for a moment, look objectively from Peter's point of view and you will see that she was the one who kept giving him hope that they had a future, she was giving him just enough to make him keep hoping despite what he saw with her and Bryan.

Peter said himself that he is not afraid of marriage, in fact he looks forward to it very much. I don't think it was a lack of ability to commit, or even the time frame, it was lack of assurance that he was her choice. Other leads have admitted to giving their F1 assurance. He didn't have that and without it, he was not willing to commit to a proposal.

As for him asking to see her again, even when she was leaving, rather than just a hug and I wish you well she kisses him passionately, clearly WITH tongue and tells him she loves him. Who is sending mixed messages there? Who knows what went through his head when he was thinking about that? I don't see Peter as playing victim, I feel he is justifiably angry that she played with his emotions.

My opinion here likely won't be popular, but there are two sides to everything. I'm just saying to stop and look at things from Peter's perspective instead of Rachel's and for a moment put yourself in his place.

As for Bryan, not my cup of tea, but I hope they will be happy together.

justcallmegranny

Back to top Go down

Post by rinacabigas Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Although my heart is for Peter ending up as Rachel's chosen one, I wish nothing but the best for Rachel and Bryan.

Congrats to the newly engaged couple!!!!

rinacabigas

Back to top Go down

Post by Montaname Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:51 pm

I loved Rachel during the Bachelor. I thought she was wayyyy to good for this show and certainly for that particular bachelor. I was eagerly looking forward to her season and I think it was pretty good. I thought she handled herself very well during the season. She played the game that the producers wanted her to play for the show, but still seemed to be true to herself and her feelings. I think I actually enjoyed it more this year because the players were older and more mature and there wasn't quite as much of the silliness (although they are always going to find something to pull out as a narrative and milk it way too much).

For the first time, maybe ever, I didn't have a favorite guy going into the home stretch. I liked Peter very much, found him to have many attractive traits, and thought he was a good fit for Rachel. But I liked Bryan as well. I did not doubt his sincerity in his feelings for Rachel.

I do not doubt that Rachel was torn between the two guys going into the FRC. I think she was disappointed that Peter would not commit to a proposal and really loved him but I think she loved Bryan as well. She made the decision that was best for her to get what she really wanted at the end of the day.

For all the reasons that people have posted above, I believe that Rachel handled herself very well last night given the circumstances. That had to be so hard to watch, particularly in its edited form, while surrounded by people watching for her reaction. Ugh..... She is a strong woman and I thought she did well. I did, however, feel that her reaction to Peter's comment about a "mediocre life" were way too harsh. That got the girl riled up and I can understand that Peter felt attacked. I am sure he just wanted out of there by that point and getting kind of blasted for a comment he made in the heat of a very serious, life-changing moment, was uncalled for. I know I have said many things I regret in difficult moments. Rachel's attitude after that were the only moments during the season where I did not respect and admire her.

It will be interesting to see who comes out of this season as the next bachelor.
Montaname
Montaname

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:56 pm

ABC - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 28 20688274_1532551350098734_3142143068107440128_n
ericbigger
Mannn!!! What an amazing night full of love and joy!! Thank you @therachlindsay for this life changing journey you brought me through, I wish you nothing but success and the best! @thebryanabasolo is a great guy and I pray for longevity and happiness for y'all partnership. It's miracle season and it continues for myself, and the two of you as well. Stay true and be GREAT!! ✌ P.S @bacheloretteabc @abcnetwork Thank you for the platform and experience! I went in a boy and became a MAN!!! True Transformation!! #ericbigger #abc #itsmiracleseason #abc #thebachelorettefinale #baltimorecity
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXiUwF4jbY7/?hl=en&taken-by=ericbigger
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by philphan Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:58 pm

justcallmegranny wrote:I've not had a lot to say thus far this season, so here is my take.

I really didn't get the Peter fascination to start with as I didn't find him especially handsome.  Different strokes for different folks, I know.  Anyway, I really came to like Peter as a person as the season went on.  I saw a guy who really tried to get to know her and decide if she was truly the one for him.  People fault him for not being all over her and showing her more affection, but I think a relationship has to be based on so much more than physical attraction.  He stood by his values and I think it was perfectly justifiable on his part to want some reassurance from her before he proposed.  I think he was not getting that because if he had, he would not have been so hesitant.  I think he did feel like she was the one for him, but had doubts that SHE felt that way about him.  He was not blind...he saw the same thing all the other guys did in that she was favoring Bryan so much.  But she kept keeping him around and pushing for more from him.  Everyone else sees the push and pull being on Peter's side, but for a moment, look objectively from Peter's point of view and you will see that she was the one who kept giving him hope that they had a future, she was giving him just enough to make him keep hoping despite what he saw with her and Bryan.  

Peter said himself that he is not afraid of marriage, in fact he looks forward to it very much.  I don't think it was a lack of ability to commit, or even the time frame, it was lack of assurance that he was her choice.  Other leads have admitted to giving their F1 assurance.  He didn't have that and without it, he was not willing to commit to a proposal.  

As for him asking to see her again, even when she was leaving, rather than just a hug and I wish you well she kisses him passionately, clearly WITH tongue and tells him she loves him.  Who is sending mixed messages there?  Who knows what went through his head when he was thinking about that?  I don't see Peter as playing victim, I feel he is justifiably angry that she played with his emotions.  

My opinion here likely won't be popular, but there are two sides to everything.  I'm just saying to stop and look at things from Peter's perspective instead of Rachel's and for a moment put yourself in his place.  

As for Bryan, not my cup of tea, but I hope they will be happy together.  

I agree with your "unpopular" opinion....although I do find Peter good looking.

Don't sweat the small stuff....Strive to live by the Golden Rule
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imp Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:00 pm

Just watched the episode, wow! Bryan actually comes across as super lovely (although SO not my type, personally) and Rachel is definitely better off having chosen him and I wish them the best! Nevertheless, man, was it devastating to see that breakup.. Although she had started to doubt Peter, it's still clear she was very much in love with him, in a way that you can only be in love with someone who is always a little out of reach, a little hard to get. It's just a more desperate, intense kind of love that almost never works out, but the kind that comes with the most raw emotions, and it makes for great TV - we've been programmed to root for these will they/won't they couples. That said, Rachel is at stage in life where Bryan was the 100% right decision for her, those two actually have a shot!

Imp

Back to top Go down

Post by summerdayze Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:03 pm

So I just finished watching the episode - my thoughts:

Rachel seemed quite bitter and resentful with Peter during the interview. I can understand to some extent given what they went through on the show -  the frustrations, what was said and what had/has transpired since then, but you would think they would just let bygones be bygones and move on. Perhaps she felt like Peter played her and is still pissed. There is just is a lot of unresolved tension/angst still there and I hope they will get past it. I still believe that she was hoping he would be F1 and tried hard with him but ultimately saw the light. Their dynamic is odd and in some strange way, I think thats what attracts them to each other and they seem to feed off each other's insecurities/questionable behavior/mind games. It's toxic and I'm glad Rachel finally came to her senses and put a stop to it.

It does make me wonder though if he will try and seek her out again at some point. I don't doubt that he has feelings for her - I still don't believe it's as strong as what is portrayed - but I do think he is confused and probably hates the idea of losing someone. Anyway I hope that he truly moves on for good.

Bryan - I still find too much of a smooth talker for my liking but I can see that Rachel made the right choice. He just seems like a positive and open person - no mind games - he is there for her and knows what he wants. I wish them the best of luck.

Last edited by summerdayze on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

summerdayze

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:05 pm

Great post @summerdayze, totally agree with all of it!! She and Peter loved their toxic relationship imo and by the same token, Bryan is definitely the open, happy guy she needs. Hopefully she doesn't get bored and miss the drama.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 59 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 43 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+90
Emilia23_12
lleyki
hb591
USAGold
bigbluebird
Mustang19
mindless
MiaHawk
Shadow
richmondrose
twinkle73