SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 44 of 59 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 51 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Rolly Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:37 am

mindless wrote:Honestly, I'm still a bit baffled by the whole 3-hour long back and forth between Peter and Rachel. I do believe she already had her heart set on Bryan at that point, so what on earth was that about? I've seen comments about Rachel going there to breakup with Peter and Peter making it hard for her, but she's the one who IMO was making it unnecessarily hard. I even watched it again, and all I saw was Peter trying to find a solution to the "I think it's too early to propose, but you don't want a boyfriend" dilemma, which is perfectly understandable since he's not a mind reader and thought he might still be in the running. Yet Rachel kept shooting down every option, including splitting up. I mean he even straight up asked her at one point if she wants to just split up now and she said no. dizzy And that was after he'd already said he'll propose if that's what it takes and she'd turned that down as well. I got really frustrated myself just watching it, which is why I can't blame Peter for lashing out at one point. She was saying that Peter doesn't know what he wants, but she's the one who wasn't telling him what SHE wants, and I mean of him, at that point, when he'd already made it clear he couldn't give her a genuine heartfelt proposal (what was he supposed to do, fake it?). There were so many points she could've put a stop it, but in the end it was him who really did it. It was so odd. I've read so many comments about Peter thinking he's the lead, yet it was Rachel who was acting like he was and it was his responsibility to do the breaking up with her, saying he was stringing her along and whatnot. Girl, you were the one handing out the roses! And he was mindf*cking her? By being honest about where he's at and what he wants, which just wasn't what she wanted? Sure. She's the one who'd allegedly already made up her mind ages ago, told Bryan she was in love with him, yet still made them both go through hours of frustration for no real reason. I just don't get it. Was it some kind of a therapy session for her? Did she think it would seem like Peter rejected her if they parted ways because of the proposal issue, so she had to get him to say he'd propose in order to feel like she really rejected him? In any case, I still don't see how Peter was doing the manipulating and what he could've possibly gained from it at that point. JMO.

Oh and I thought Peter's little recap of the relationship during his talk with Rachel made perfect sense and it was exactly what I saw. I was surprised when Rachel's response was something like "I don't think that was it" and then she brought up the "deep-rooted issues" which she didn't really elaborate on and seemed total news to Peter (according to his own words as well). I can totally believe it wasn't just about the proposal, but that is how she herself made it seem, to Peter as well. Even during the breakup which revolved around the proposal or lack there of, she didn't say one word about Bryan (that we saw of anyway), so he was left under the impression that he lost her because he couldn't get there fast enough, when really it didn't matter anyway. I mean... I totally think Rachel made the right choice, I just can't with the vilification of Peter, when she's the one who was toying with him at the end for no reason IMO. Either she was more hooked on him than she'd like to admit now, or she was just doing it for the sake of her own ego, which is kind of crappy.

JMOAA.
ITA I was irritated when she brought up "the deep seeded issues". She seemed to be on the defensive to me. It can't be that you just needed more time to get to a proposal (it's been 8 weeks after all)... it can't be that there was something wrong with me that you didn't propose, it can't be that you just weren't into me....there must be something wrong with you. Yeah, that's it there is something wrong with you. 

And she knew weeks before it was Bryan and she spends 3 f****ing hours in that heart wrenching good bye? Why? It's (not working, we're in different places, you can't commit after 8 whole weeks, you have deep seeded issues....pick one), I wish you well, good bye. She exits left. For how many weeks has her focus been that in the end she expects a proposal. He wasn't ready to propose. She gives out the roses. The intensity, the tears, the sadness and we're supposed to see from that she is not conflicted? Seriously??!
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by stuckinsc Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:37 am

Sorry for the back to back posts, but if Graham had offered to sacrifice and stay for DeAnna, she would have said yes and tied his rear to the set.

The fact Rachel did not accept Peter's "sacrifice" or accept his initial wishes shows me that she had decided it was not Peter. Unfortunately, she had a hard time just saying it is over. I will say Peter contributed. Nick pretty much accepted when Andi said it was over. We heard Peter say they weren't breaking up and he even tried to see her again after that. Peter had just as messy and ugly a time letting go of that Todic relationship.

Oh, I think it is dumb to like pictures of your ex. It seems especially petty when you know she is starting a new life with someone else. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:38 am

Acrunch wrote:
mindless wrote:

Oh and I thought Peter's little recap of the relationship during his talk with Rachel made perfect sense and it was exactly what I saw. I was surprised when Rachel's response was something like "I don't think that was it" and then she brought up the "deep-rooted issues" which she didn't really elaborate on and seemed total news to Peter (according to his own words as well). I can totally believe it wasn't just about the proposal, but that is how she herself made it seem, to Peter as well. Even during the breakup which revolved around the proposal or lack there of, she didn't say one word about Bryan (that we saw of anyway), so he was left under the impression that he lost her because he couldn't get there fast enough, when really it didn't matter anyway. I mean... I totally think Rachel made the right choice, I just can't with the vilification of Peter, when she's the one who was toying with him at the end for no reason IMO. Either she was more hooked on him than she'd like to admit now, or she was just doing it for the sake of her own ego, which is kind of crappy.

JMOAA.

MSE!!!  If in fact Rachel's timeline for when she knew is truthful, then everything we saw from her after hometowns was Rachel toying and stringing Peter along, pushing him to open up, fall in love, give his heart completely to her and getting him to get down on one knee and propose, all so she can turn him down and choose Bryan.  So if this is the case and she's not fudging, who was victimized here and who has the right to be pissed off?  

Yea, I don't get the vilification of Peter either.  He's the monster because he didn't get to a place where he felt confident proposing to a lead who claims he was never going to be her F1 anyway.

IMO, some of the negative comments expressed about Peter (which everyone is entitled to) are just as fan biased and extreme as what the crazy Pachel fans post and are criticized for.  I mean, Peter has received death threats for saying he needed more time with Rachel.  He's a manipulative hypocrite because he wants to be the bachelor when he claimed he couldn't propose to Rachel because he needed more time as if it's impossible to think maybe he wouldn't need more time if the right person for him was there.

Agree with both of you!!! Thanks for saying it far more clearly than I could....
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:39 am

Kashathediva wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:
Nibbles22 wrote:and who, in telling a woman he loves her, in the same breath says he's not sure she's the 'correct' person 
to propose to.  The 'correct' person!!    Who talks like that???   Rolling Eyes

@Nibbles22  I just want to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments all season!  
Who talks like that? 1) A person who really isn't in love with the women.  2) A robot whose algorithm is not yet set up to make that decision.
#sendthetinmanbacktoOz. #takeawayhisoilcan #giveusanyonebutPeter
There is yet a third option--
Sheldon Cooper JMOAA

IMO, Sheldon Cooper is Don Juan compared to Peter. At least Sheldon is a genius with a catchy laugh. Hugesmile
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:40 am

MiaHawk wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:

@Nibbles22  I just want to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments all season!  
Who talks like that? 1) A person who really isn't in love with the women.  2) A robot whose algorithm is not yet set up to make that decision.
#sendthetinmanbacktoOz. #takeawayhisoilcan #giveusanyonebutPeter
Sheldon Cooper JMOAA

IMO, Sheldon Cooper is Don Juan compared to Peter. At least Sheldon is a genius with a catchy laugh. Hugesmile

And Sheldon finally proposed too!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:52 am

stuckinsc wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
Sheldon Cooper JMOAA

And Sheldon finally proposed too!

rofl rofl rofl
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by summerdayze Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:21 am

So I was having a chat with my co-worker, who happens to be a casual watcher of the show and I found it interesting that she pretty much said the same thing that some of us were/are thinking: If you are not down with the premise of the show - then why are you on it in the first place?

I actually agree with Peter in that I personally would not be proposing to someone or accepting a proposal from someone who I've only met for 2+ months, for me that's too soon, but then again I'm not the one that has willingly put my hand up for a show like this, knowing full well what is to be expected when you reach the home stretch.

summerdayze

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:05 am

stuckinsc wrote:Sorry for the back to back posts, but if Graham had offered to sacrifice and stay for DeAnna, she would have said yes and tied his rear to the set.

The fact Rachel did not accept Peter's "sacrifice" or accept his initial wishes shows me that she had decided it was not Peter. Unfortunately, she had a hard time just saying it is over. I will say Peter contributed. Nick pretty much accepted when Andi said it was over. We heard Peter say they weren't breaking up and he even tried to see her again after that. Peter had just as messy and ugly a time letting go of that Todic relationship.

Oh, I think it is dumb to like pictures of your ex. It seems especially petty when you know she is starting a new life with someone else. JMO.

I fully believe Rachel went to see Peter to break up with him. But breaking up isn't easy, and some people aren't good at it. I don't get why Rachel told so many guys she loved them, when she dumped them. Or kissed them. I don't get it. But that's her breaking up.

Imo Peter knew she was there to break up with him, and stalled it with everything he could. I don't know why, tbh. He threw in the kitchen sink, but Rachel didn't waiver. Just because she had hard time breaking up with Peter, IMO that was what she was doing, and didn't waiver.
Rachel is not good at dumping, and Peter isn't good at breaking up either.

I'm so glad these two didn't end up together, they would've been a train wreck. A horrible, toxic train wreck, that would've lasted way too long, because both Peter and Rachel suck at breaking up, and quitting a relationship after it's past its time. Imo that's one reason Peter liked Rachel's picture. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by summerdayze Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:59 am

If I had a bitter/angsty break up with someone who apparently I still have feelings for the last thing I would do is to go on SM and like pics of said ex. In fact, I would do the opposite and stay away for the time being, at least until the heart heals and have moved on.

I would think the only rationale for liking an exes pic is if you are over them and in a good place, or you want them back / trying to stir s*** up again. JMO.

Last edited by summerdayze on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:04 am; edited 2 times in total

summerdayze

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:00 am

summerdayze wrote:So I was having a chat with my co-worker, who happens to be a casual watcher of the show and I found it interesting that she pretty much said the same thing that some of us were/are thinking: If you are not down with the premise of the show - then why are you on it in the first place?

I actually agree with Peter in that I personally would not be proposing to someone or accepting a proposal from someone who I've only met for 2+ months, for me that's too soon, but then again I'm not the one that has willingly put my hand up for a show like this, knowing full well what is to be expected when you reach the home stretch.

But how do you know it can't happen until you're in the situation and see that it's not working? I'm sure lots of contestants are skeptical about the process but wouldn't pass up on the opportunity. And maybe it can happen for Peter, just not with Rachel.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by summerdayze Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:14 am

Rolly wrote:
summerdayze wrote:So I was having a chat with my co-worker, who happens to be a casual watcher of the show and I found it interesting that she pretty much said the same thing that some of us were/are thinking: If you are not down with the premise of the show - then why are you on it in the first place?

But how do you know it can't happen until you're in the situation and see that it's not working? I'm sure lots of contestants are skeptical about the process but wouldn't pass up on the opportunity. And maybe it can happen for Peter, just not with Rachel.

To me Peter came across as very skeptical of the process/show, which makes some of us wonder why he decided to come on in the first place considering he apparently holds a very real/realistic view when it comes to relationships. He even agreed with Rachel at TFR that the show/process is not for him. And let's not forget he could have just left anytime during the process if he didn't feel it and/or realized that he could not get there with Rachel, but he never did.

Last edited by summerdayze on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total

summerdayze

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:15 am

If one thinks one needs time to get some where, why would one not take more time, rather than turn around and go home? Even if only to be sure one has no regrets.
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 59 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 51 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+90
Emilia23_12
lleyki
hb591
USAGold
bigbluebird
Mustang19
mindless
MiaHawk
Shadow
richmondrose
twinkle73