SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 75 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 75 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:44 pm

I would say Lee was the most similar to Laura. Sportsbet was saying Lee win from the getgo. He had Ep 3 SD, making his move ad, 2nd SD, most time out of ALL the contestants spent with the lead, seen having doubt etc. Lee was the only contestant his season to have a full media spread in WHO mag, he had promos and previews in the beginning, had "Meet Lee" video, had a red carpet that was focused on, had 1on1 time shown first ep.. etc etc etc. SM/media audiences said it was much pretty much a done deal with Lee.

Then came in Matty/slow-burn and what audiences expected (Lee to win) vs wanted (Matty to win) is what changed. The media all pushed Lee to be the winner, even articles saying "Has Lee spoiled he is the winner?". "etc... Most important.. the media kept going on and on how Matty was Nikki 2.0. They never deviated from that narrative that Matty would be Nikki 2.0. And the more they did that, the more they pushed Lee as the expected F1 and Matty as the wanted F1, the greater the backlash for Lee and G.

It's why for me I totally get feeling bad for a frontrunner who gets a crap edit, who is painted as not as genuine, etc. Lee had that and more. I get it. I was one who felt horrible at all the hate and memes and mockery Lee got on SM. And yet audiences wanted Matty. They didn't care about who Georgia wanted, but who they wanted. That's the show. It's not about a love story but a competition where SM viewers get to play a role. It's what drives this show (otherwise no need for SM at all). So far I think Laura has gotten off a ton better which is good and with more support than Lee had when it came to the show (the fact they let Laura post on her SM and push for her and have her promo her jewelry etc). So still better in that aspect, imo, especially since audiences may now be more aware of how the frontrunner can get a bad edit and SM hate etc.

Since this show was produced by the US I have seen major shifts and none of them good. That Ten is now said to be being bought by CBS, that means even more of an American influence imo. It's why I said last year, as unpopular as it was, that if this show is what I think it is becoming (like the US ones) it will be about drama more than ever before and more scripted/produced than ever before and that a love story or "redeeming" anything won't matter and won't be the focus.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 75 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by LeapofFaith Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:52 pm

@Sundy so i am looking at this article and pics of laura this has been done post show for sure, what do you think? and colour me confused but if they are the official bach au mag then why are they publishing porkies on ig Rolling Eyes so front page has Bachie's Laura "We are falling in Love" plus bachie scandal! she was dating matty before the show!...

So some intersting things she says she struggled and felt jealous which is not like herself. she reminded herself that its ok to feel insecure because that environment is making you feel that way. she thought why does matty like me when there are other people who are just as nice or prettier?...
It sounds like you were close to calling it quits?
she says i was but on our last group date it became so real. if i know i feel this much for him and i would in the real world, too, then im going to stay and see what it can be.
she also addresses what Jen says about her not wanting kids and her response is " i don't want to settle in a relationship just because my biological clock is ticking. But i want to have children with someone who i absolutely love and adore, and i know they are going to stand by me no matter what and we're going to do it together. My mum is a single mum and i love her to death, but it was difficult for her and i just don't want to have kids and do it all on my own."
Could matty be that guy " Absolutely. I think what we have is reall really special, and i could 100% see myself with him and our life together outside of this".
Are you prepared to tell matty how you feel?
I am not good at articulating my feeling, and i am not good at making myself vulnerable or putting myself out there. im quite a guarded person and i use humour a lot to deflect that. But i have to make a choice to say how i feel about him and know full well that he can't say it back.
Whats it like watching matty spend time with the other girls on TV?
It doesn't make me feel good.

Look IDK but that whole interview felt like an F2 talking.. She sounded sad. But that is JMO!
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:52 pm

solaroo wrote:I can definitely see all those points, absolutely, but my feeling from reading the sleuthing on the forum is that there are a large number of smaller signs pointing away from her, the largest of which is the OTT media attention.  Has a contestant ever received this much affirmation of being the likely winner from the media all the way through the season and still come out as F1?

I think a few of us have observed minor anomalies etc that deviate away from Laura but I think there's a general consensus that it would be unlikely that anyone other than her won IMO. There are some characteristics in her media portrayal that point towards a red herring similar to Nikki or Heather from previous seasons but I think those two didn't have the corresponding edits or other F1 patterns to back up the media hoopla which Laura does IMO.

Personally I would love a slow-burn/dark horse to win but that's just because of my own rabid sports love too.
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:59 pm

I think for me the biggest No against Laura is the F1 music old and new being played for Elise. I'm interested to see if Laura gets the F1 music in her next single date.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:01 pm

brownravens wrote:
solaroo wrote:I can definitely see all those points, absolutely, but my feeling from reading the sleuthing on the forum is that there are a large number of smaller signs pointing away from her, the largest of which is the OTT media attention.  Has a contestant ever received this much affirmation of being the likely winner from the media all the way through the season and still come out as F1?

I think a few of us have observed minor anomalies etc that deviate away from Laura but I think there's a general consensus that it would be unlikely that anyone other than her won IMO. There are some characteristics in her media portrayal that point towards a red herring similar to Nikki or Heather from previous seasons but I think those two didn't have the corresponding edits or other F1 patterns to back up the media hoopla which Laura does IMO.

Personally I would love a slow-burn/dark horse to win but that's just because of my own rabid sports love too.

I hear you @brownravens but that may be the general consensus amongst some but there are some of us that have never believed that Laura is F1 despite the number of historical F1 traits Laura has. We will just have to wait and see but just wanted to point that out that there are some folks on the forum that don't believe Laura is F1 here so not the general consensus IMO Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 75 2498057887

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:04 pm

@mercieme Haha you know my position on this! I'm a bit suss on Laura and the wall to wall media saturation of Laura but it's so hard to ignore Sportsbet and edit!
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:14 pm

brownravens wrote:@mercieme Haha you know my position on this! I'm a bit suss on Laura and the wall to wall media saturation of Laura but it's so hard to ignore Sportsbet and edit!

@brownravens np mate....I ate crow last season when some of us sleuthed Olena as F1 for Richie's season thanks to the producers giving Alex a crappy edit but happy to do so again this season Hugesmile  I am just not ignoring SportsBet but have reasons to believe this is a foiler season but I digress, only 2 more weeks for us to find out Matty's F1 Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 75 2498057887

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:19 pm

mercieme wrote:
brownravens wrote:@mercieme Haha you know my position on this! I'm a bit suss on Laura and the wall to wall media saturation of Laura but it's so hard to ignore Sportsbet and edit!

@brownravens np mate....I ate crow last season when some of us sleuthed Olena as F1 for Richie's season thanks to the producers giving Alex a crappy edit but happy to do so again this season Hugesmile  I am just not ignoring SportsBet but have reasons to believe this is a foiler season but I digress, only 2 more weeks for us to find out Matty's F1 Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 75 2498057887

OMFG only 2 more weeks left then i get my life back!!!! Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 75 3806527698 JK
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueJeans Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:24 pm

Forgive me if this has already been posted. The Bachelor Facebook page has posted the preview for the next episode. Laura and the poles coming up soon!!

BlueJeans

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:26 pm

BlueJeans wrote:Forgive me if this has already been posted. The Bachelor Facebook page has posted the preview for the next episode. Laura and the poles coming up soon!!

Thanks.....poster SugarandSpice recorded it for us with her phone and posted it but I will bring the official one from FB over in a jive to the episode thread yes

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:37 pm

Responding here @Billysmom

Billysmom wrote:A bit OT??  Interesting to me in that in the us abc owns TB....

http://www.msn.com/en-au/money/company-news/ten-network-to-be-purchased-by-us-giant-cbs/ar-AAqOt0I

Yeah ABC is the network that airs the US Bachie/Bette series. CBS is their competition in the US so should be interesting how that goes if the CBS acquisition of Channel Ten goes through per the report above. Hopefully Channel Ten gets the flow of cash it needs and in return turns becomes more profitable for their investors as well.

@leapoffaith...mate you and mean both, need to get back to real life after Matty's season is over, we have done enough sleuthing since March Hugesmile

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:04 am

ssin0547 wrote:I swear Elise is all class. Unless or until those Sportsbet Odss swing in her favour I still think Laura is F1 but damn I hope F1 is Elise. JMO.

Even if the SB odds swing in favour of Elise now, it wouldn't change the fact that Laura has been the red hot favourite since day 1, which is the significant thing.  

Elise started out at 9:1.  If she was F1, there is no WAY they would give her those kind of odds IMO - it would just be far too risky, because people know the outcome, and those people could put huge bets on Elise and absolutely clean up (e.g. a bet of $50 would return $450 - you could tell all your mates to put on a bet and share the profits).  

It's written in black and white on the betting page that "results of the show may be know in advance", which IMO is as good as admitting they know who wins.  

It's still Laura F1 for me, as it has been since I saw the BTS pics of their first date in March.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+37
AprilApril
Pongo
carraiger
Rikkim
BasicallytheFBI
iamreal2u
Miyala
BlueJeans
Schnitty4lyf
makeover
zaraz