SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Page 42 of 79 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 60 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 42 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by Nillay Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:19 am

peggy0221 wrote:I don't know what to think about Bryan. Everything seems too much, too smooth, too rehearsed, too calm, too confident, even too much love displayed, imo. Too much of a game well played, imo. Time will tell because no one can fake it so long. If he's genuine, then good for It 
It actually does not matter what he does haha there will always be something off or wrong about it. Even if there is nothing wrong at all. *shows too much love * - omg he's being fake and doesn't actually love her, *doesn't show enough love* - omg he played Rachel and doesn't love her, *shows just enough love* - omg does he love her or not la di dah. The too smooth, too much stuff was talked about even before the season started and 4/5 months later it's still going on. Looks like he's been very consistent with his too confident, too smooth self. So i do believe that he is the guy he says he is
All jmo

Nillay

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 42 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by FashionLover Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:35 am

I'm not gonna pretend I'm a business major but I'm missing how trade marking your name is business survey. Bryan literally spelt out the intentions he had when he made all three trademarks. Celebrity, reality Tv star, entertainer. No where near the vicinity of his chiropractic degree, unless he plans to teach pick up lines and how to meticulously prepare for a date while cracking peoples' backs. Not even the biggest/richest business moguls in the world have their names trade marked. IMO Him coming back from filming and immediately trade making his name tells me he thought he was gonna be the ish this season, and everyone was gonna be ..idk...looking to open a business called Bryan Abasolo? idk

Remember how everyone thought it was Obnoxious and opportunistic for waboom to have his catch phrase printed on a shirt? That was Bryan too, it's just ABC spared him and didn't air his Dr. Abs Jersey no idea
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:22 am

Whaboom wore his jersey on the show the first night. Bryan didn't wear his jersey on the show and the one he gave Rachel she only wore it after the final rose ceremony. I don't see how it is comparable IMO.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:29 am

sdmom wrote:He was Dr Abs before he went on the bachelorette.
It's a word play on his last name, imo. One of my sm handle is something akin to "sexy mama", so am I thinking too much of myself? Am I thinking I am a sexy hot woman? No, it was just for fun.

Maybe you are a sexy mama. Don't put yourself down. Women power! yes

ok now back on topic:
There was a cast person a year ago who made a big deal out being a pain in the azz by stealing others names, so they could not use their own names for things like domains etc. He did not do this for one person, he did it for multiple. He was talked about often and dragged for it.
I'm not implying this person would do it to anyone else, what I'm saying is this is done just as hacking is social media accounts are.
Trade marking etc is a business move. I don't have the need. I am not marketing myself.
Being that this is a business move, there maybe something in the works no one is aware of yet.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:36 am

Nillay wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:I don't know what to think about Bryan. Everything seems too much, too smooth, too rehearsed, too calm, too confident, even too much love displayed, imo. Too much of a game well played, imo. Time will tell because no one can fake it so long. If he's genuine, then good for It 
It actually does not matter what he does haha there will always be something off or wrong about it. Even if there is nothing wrong at all. *shows too much love * - omg he's being fake and doesn't actually love her, *doesn't show enough love* - omg he played Rachel and doesn't love her, *shows just enough love* - omg does he love her or not la di dah. The too smooth, too much stuff was talked about even before the season started and 4/5 months later it's still going on. Looks like he's been very consistent with his too confident, too smooth self. So i do believe that he is the guy he says he is
All jmo

For the record, I'm not a fan of anyone this season.
Those are the "feeling" I have about Bryan, while I respect your "feeling" about him, I hope you will respect mine too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:02 am

FashionLover wrote:I'm not gonna pretend I'm a business major but I'm missing how trade marking your name is business survey. Bryan literally spelt out the intentions he had when he made all three trademarks. Celebrity, reality Tv star, entertainer. No where near the vicinity of his chiropractic degree, unless he plans to teach pick up lines and how to meticulously prepare for a date while cracking peoples' backs. Not even the biggest/richest business moguls in the world have their names trade marked. IMO Him coming back from filming and immediately trade making his name tells me he thought he was gonna be the ish this season, and everyone was gonna be ..idk...looking to open a business called Bryan Abasolo? idk

Remember how everyone thought it was Obnoxious and opportunistic for waboom to have his catch phrase printed on a shirt? That was Bryan too, it's just ABC spared him and didn't air his Dr. Abs Jersey no idea
FashionLover,
I'm not responding to defend Bryan because clearly you are entitled to your opinion of him. I hope it's ok to answer your queries because you said you're missing how trademarking is business - I think you meant "savvy" and your autocorrect overcorrected - I just want to say again that people trademark their names as a current legal branding/marketing/smart business move for protection of intellectual property, to protect them from corruption of their brand online (though trademarking would not have helped in this instance, only knowledge of the subject does - Bryan's Instagram was hacked, just yesterday), to legally contest similar websites that misdirect their traffic, to minimize opportunistic similar business names and for many other solid business reasons, IMO. Also, when Bryan or, any business person has a business idea, it does not have to be related in any way to what they have already done or, been trained to do. That's one of the things having a doctorate does, it validates (in relevant circles) your ability to see the broader world view and increases your options and latitude and vision, IMO. Doesn't mean that you need a doctorate to have those pluses or, that credentials ensure them or, that you can't have them without one but, the fact that both Rachel and Bryan have them does increase their perceived business acumen bandwidth for some, IMO. At the end of the day, success speaks loudest and best so, that is my hope for Bryan and Rachel - that they will be successful in love, business, family and life. That's my wish for all of us, too.

I wish him/them well with their plans, whatever they are because we are not privy to them, yet. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:17 am

Nothing wrong with trade marks. I just think it shows, for me at least, that Bryan had delusions of grandeur coming into this IMO. Dude, you're a chiropractor. You don't have a brand to improve. The most realistic move for him would be to take what he has (his degree + notoriety) and open up a practice or do something related to it. JMO.

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 42 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:23 am

Not to be snarky, but so far, what shady shillings Bryan has done other than 1.Having his own Dr Abs line (which is removed from his bio now) 2. Tagged Lord&Taylor, since he returned home from filming?
And how's that different from other contestants shilling? Are all shillings equal as long as it's legal and not harmful? I actually think Dr Abs, as chessy as the merchandise is, is different and unique, at least it seems he put some thoughts into, rather than just put a post on IG. All Jmo.

I really don't know why he trademarked his name and other related titles, but I think we have a poster who studied MBA told us all her professors think trademark is a good idea to protect oneself.
I know Bryan is not evetryone's cup of tea, but I can't judge him for the TM business because there's nothing concrete, it seeems most are just our speculations, correct?
I'd rather wait and see before making my judgment.
All Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:32 am

I've defended Bryan a lot, but I do think that the TM-ing and meeting with Josh's manager before even coming on the show is pretty telling. That doesn't mean he's not sincere about Rachel (as I  believe he does truly love her), but this is probably the most calculated and prepared a contestant has been from the getgo. People like Kaitlyn had dreams of being rich and famous, but they didn't start taking meetings and getting the wheels in motions for their business plans ready before even leaving for filming. When you add to that the headshots and the professional pictures of him in his date clothes and his willingness to do a reality tv show down the line...yeah, clearly, he has some big dreams and plans here. I don't have a problem with it, beyond good natured snark, as long as he's sincere about his feelings and commitment to Rachel. Only time will tell, but I think there's enough there for caution and skepticism to be warranted. For the record, I don't think his goal is to become rich. I think it's to become famous. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:35 am

Oh Bryan totally thought he'd be some huge fan favorite this season and strike it rich and famous, and Rachel thought the same thing too I guess- announcing "everyone" would love her f1 like she does. Whoops! Tptb always love to mess with contestants that try to beat them at their own game imo. It's their style.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:38 am

^please refresh my memory: who's Josh's manager? Is he Bryan's manager now? Is there any proof that they met more than once ? Because I remember Josh said he only met Bryan once so I wonder Bryan's meeting with the manager, was it in a social/party, or business setting?

Bryan once posted he "had his first guitar lesson", and I read it somewhere people were speculating he's trying to become a singer.

For my own sake, I like to to learn more facts before I defend or criticize someone. TYIA!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:39 am

Aria wrote:I've defended Bryan a lot, but I do think that the TM-ing and meeting with Josh's manager before even coming on the show is pretty telling. That doesn't mean he's not sincere about Rachel (as I  believe he does truly love her), but this is probably the most calculated and prepared a contestant has been from the getgo. People like Kaitlyn had dreams of being rich and famous, but they didn't start taking meetings and getting the wheels in motions for their business plans ready before even leaving for filming. When you add to that the headshots and the professional pictures of him in his date clothes and his willingness to do a reality tv show down the line...yeah, clearly, he has some big dreams and plans here. I don't have a problem with it, beyond good natured snark, as long as he's sincere about his feelings and commitment to Rachel. Only time will tell, but I think there's enough there for caution and skepticism to be warranted. For the record, I don't think his goal is to become rich. I think it's to become famous. IMO.
I agree. He very well may have fallen for her but IMO he came into the show with a plan to win and become famous, and that delegitimizes their connection a little bit for me. It's easy to 'fall in love' with someone when you have already decided in advance that you're going to fall in love with them. All JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 79 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 60 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

+70
whit90
TheWrongReasons
hae1001
SelmaHB
Tiggerlgh