SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 57 of 79 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

brachel - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 57 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:16 am

Fangirl26 wrote:@Chgohighlife I could be wrong but I thought Stedman was a successful businessman before Oprah?And he has a bachelors and master's degree.

I would say Stedman was self-supporting but, not take it any further than that, IMO. Of course, Oprah's star would eclipse anyone's. My point is, I think Bryan is at this point IMO, a better than equal partner in terms of resources which only makes sense because he is five years older and has been practicing longer with greater annual earning potential up to this point based on sleuthing and his friends' bragging, LOL. Going forward, the sky is the limit for either/both. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

brachel - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 57 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Guest Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:21 am

Well it's ok to have different opinions, and I respect the opinions of those that disagree with me. My opinion stands though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl26 Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:28 am

@chgohighlife gotcha...yeah I don't think Bryan is hurting financially laugh out loud
Fangirl26
Fangirl26

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:34 am

Fangirl26 wrote:@chgohighlife gotcha...yeah I don't think Bryan is hurting financially laugh out loud

@Fangirl26  aaahhhmmmm Just sayin'...brachel - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 57 1176891977

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:46 am

adf23 wrote:I agree that Rachel does have alot going for her. Rachel is doing all sorts of positive things post show, she has had several awesome opportunities. What Bryan has going for him is Rachel. Imo.

As some have point out, we don't know Bryan's plan. And what if Rachel supports him financially? They are partners, as long as it's a mutual agreement and both are happy, what does it matter, really?

My very good friend is a manager at a Fortune 500 company, she is the main bread winner to her Harvard-grad freelance architect, and they have been happily married for more than 20 years. So I really don't see what's wrong with Bryan and Rachel.

All Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:50 am

umngirl wrote:It's one thing to have fans use the hashtag. But the actual couple? Nope. Hard pass. I jus can't imagine any other couple from the franchise hashtagging their couple name regularly. Oh the backlash that would bring.

JMO
I hear what you're saying @umngirl and if they were hash tagging #brachel I would think it's weird.  But #rnb won't really get them trending because it's used everyday for rhythm and blues. It just strikes me as a fun coincidence of a nickname.

Last edited by alwaystulips on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:00 am

sdmom wrote:
adf23 wrote:I agree that Rachel does have alot going for her. Rachel is doing all sorts of positive things post show, she has had several awesome opportunities. What Bryan has going for him is Rachel. Imo.

As some have point out, we don't know Bryan's plan. And what if Rachel supports him financially? They are partners, as long as it's a mutual agreement and both are happy, what does it matter, really?

My very good friend is a manager at a Fortune 500 company, she is the main bread winner to her Harvard-grad freelance architect, and they have been happily married for more than 20 years. So I really don't see what's wrong with Bryan and Rachel.

All Jmo.

I agree with you, @sdmom. The point Fangirl26 and I are having fun making is, Bryan does not need to be taken care of. He's taken time off, yes but IMO he can afford it. He's made a great salary for almost a decade with no kids or, ex-wives or, joint domicile or, drama that generally drains resources so he is not broke like many of the contestants in BN. Nothing we know about R&B suggests he would ever be the kind of guy to be content living off any woman or, that Rachel would be ok with it. IMO, Bryan is a real man and a caretaker. Nothing less is in evidence. JMO

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:23 am

Fangirl26 wrote:@Chgohighlife I could be wrong but I thought Stedman was a successful businessman before Oprah?And he has a bachelors and master's degree.

Yup. No offence to Bryan. Stedman's career spans 30-40+ yrs so idk how we can even compare the two, much less say Bryan 'surpassed' him. JMO.

brachel - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 57 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by vacayeveryday Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:31 am

IMO I think there is a bit of a double standard here at play. If it were the Bachelor and his fiancé moved from her hometown to be with him and put her career on hold until the pair settled into their final destination no one would bat an eye. IMO I think RnB do have things planned out for both of them we're just not privy to their plans yet.

vacayeveryday

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:50 am

bleuberry wrote:

Yup. No offence to Bryan. Stedman's career spans 30-40+ yrs so idk how we can even compare the two, much less say Bryan 'surpassed' him. JMO.

I cannot speak to what @Chgohighlife meant but IMO, Bryan is 37yrs old, no failed marriage or child from a previous relationship behind him. Those were the baggage that Stedman brought with him to Oprah and if I remember correctly he was about the same age as Bryan when he and Oprah started out. IMHO

@lleyki, @sdmom, @Fangirl26, @vacayeveryday and @Chgohighlife, the old double standard just continuously gets my goat.
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Kolormiblnd wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Yup. No offence to Bryan. Stedman's career spans 30-40+ yrs so idk how we can even compare the two, much less say Bryan 'surpassed' him. JMO.

I cannot speak to what @Chgohighlife meant but IMO, Bryan is 37yrs old, no failed marriage or child from a previous relationship behind him. Those were the baggage that Stedman brought with him to Oprah and if I remember correctly he was about the same age as Bryan when he and Oprah started out. IMHO

I think Bryan and Rachel are fine right now. I am only commenting on this coz it makes it seem that if Bryan did have a failed marriage or a child, he would be somehow less suitable as a partner to Rachel which I strongly disagree with and frankly find offensive on some level. IMO Everyone has relationship baggage in their own way - marriage or no marriage. And I agree with @bleuberry, I like Bryan but comparing him to Stedman is a bit too much IMO.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:14 pm

bleuberry wrote:

Absolutely. Stedman is an author and businessman who has written 10 business related and self-help books. Perhaps you can name them. I can't. I haven't read any.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 79 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday